Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Going FI on EURO S54.. looking at VF and AA SC kits but leaning towards MaxPSI turbo.. any recommendations?

guys need help... i want to go FI on my Euro S54 but can't make up my mind... i'll be back stateside mid-April to Mid-May so I need to get something before I leave again so I can take it with me...

i have a few concerns though..
    will the tunes from these kits for US version S54 be any different for Euro S54? I just sold my Euro S50B32 after learning that it's totally different from the S50/52 engines in the US and are very difficult to tune.
    i used to drive a Technique Tuning Stage 2 328is when i was still in vegas and I loved it, and thats what makes me want to go FI again (hence NickG/maxpsi kit). im sure turbo vs SC setups provide different power delivery, where can I find more info regarding differences between these two ON OUR CARS?

thanks!

btw, i'm rob and currently residing in the Philippines for work.

here's a pic of my 2 girls before I sold the E36.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Max PSI kit is still getting kinks worked out. The problem you have is not being local so although I understand your desire for the turbo kit *if* any problems arose you might encounter some headaches. I have no doubt it will become a solid and reliable option but I just don't think it is quite ready for primtetime and overseas support just yet. That is my opinion.

The SC kits on the other hand have pretty much been run everywhere by many companies. They can tune for your fuel without issue. VF had struggles on the E46 platform. Whether they resolved these struggles or not I don't know but I saw enough.

Active of course is a good choice and they by default tune for 93 but can do 91 as well. Either way you will be accommodated for your fuel.

Nick G is a great tuner and his E46 kits are great stuff. The M3 is the next step for him and it's going to get to the same level as the Technique Tuning kits as far as reliability. They may already be there.

It's up to how adventurous you are and how well Max PSI and Nick are willing to support you versus knowing with the AA kit you're ready to go. I don't deal with Max PSI personally but they seem to be good guys from what I have read and I personally respect Nick a great deal.

It's up to you.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Get in touch with Evolve. They should be releasing a brand new supercharger kit in the E46 market pretty soon. If it looks and performs as well as their E9x kit then I have no doubt that it will be a great option.
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've got nothing but outstanding things to say about my G-Power Z4M (S54). The kit has been flawless over the past 7k miles, and it generates max boost well before most other centrifugal kits. In the winter I see 7 psi from 5k-8k rpm. It doesn't make as much power as some of the other kits out there (and therefore doesn't push components as hard), but the kit's components are better than OEM quality and the package is so well sorted... it's the only FI kit I know of that truly feels OEM (I have VF experience but no AA experience). And again, it has more low end and midrange than the typical centri kit, and with the ease of install a centri kit provides. It's more expensive, but you get what you pay for. This is one of the only things I've ever bought that I've been 100% fully satisfied with in the end, over about $35k in mods across two cars so far Click here to enlarge

I can post videos if you would like, including of the boost build.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Gabe1103 Click here to enlarge
    guys need help... i want to go FI on my Euro S54 but can't make up my mind... i'll be back stateside mid-April to Mid-May so I need to get something before I leave again so I can take it with me...

i have a few concerns though..
    will the tunes from these kits for US version S54 be any different for Euro S54? I just sold my Euro S50B32 after learning that it's totally different from the S50/52 engines in the US and are very difficult to tune.
    i used to drive a Technique Tuning Stage 2 328is when i was still in vegas and I loved it, and thats what makes me want to go FI again (hence NickG/maxpsi kit). im sure turbo vs SC setups provide different power delivery, where can I find more info regarding differences between these two ON OUR CARS?

thanks!

btw, i'm rob and currently residing in the Philippines for work.

here's a pic of my 2 girls before I sold the E36.
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im.../S5brP0a-1.jpg

MaxPSi or undercover performance FTW IMHO
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    MaxPSI or Saad Racing/ProEFI Turbo kits, or the Evolve supercharger.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the Max PSI kit and love it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I see the E36, but to clarify because if so your options are severely limited, but the E46 is not RHD correct?
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I love how people suggest things without taking into account where he lives.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I love how people suggest things without taking into account where he lives.
    Hey man! I said evolve since they're the closest to him and definitely have experience tuning euro s54's

Click here to enlarge
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    Hey man! I said evolve since they're the closest to him and definitely have experience tuning euro s54's

Click here to enlarge
    No, your suggestion was fine. I just don't think Evolve has it on the market yet. That said, they can also tune for other hardware.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A centri set up would definitely have less low end lag, but not as much peak power. I can see a low boost kit being the most reliable and most of the major vendors have viable solutions. I personally would go with Max PSI for their turbo kit just because, but I'm a stupid teenager so consider that too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

The point of the kit is that it's reliabliable (no big issues so far), well-sorted, proven, and serviceable in Europe (edit: I just saw you're in the Philippines). It's a middle ground between turbo low end (without the lag) and centrifugal top end (with a lot more midrange).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pokeybritches Click here to enlarge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NntVFZXQYSY

The point of the kit is that it's reliabliable (no big issues so far), well-sorted, proven, and serviceable in Europe (edit: I just saw you're in the Philippines). It's a middle ground between turbo low end (without the lag) and centrifugal top end (with a lot more midrange).
    Need some better vids...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need some better vids...
    It's shaky, but it shows boost build. Here's a 3rd gear pull with the stock 3.62 rear end from 2800 rpm to 8000 rpm. This was in the middle of last summer in south Mississippi, so OAT was probably around 98 degrees. Strong midrange for a centri kit, and totally reliable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's shaky, but it shows boost build. Here's a 3rd gear pull with the stock 3.62 rear end from 2800 rpm to 8000 rpm. This was in the middle of last summer in south Mississippi, so OAT was probably around 98 degrees. Strong midrange for a centri kit, and totally reliable.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwUZxt5w5A0
    Looks like it is running well. Not many guys with G-Power kits in the US so this is nice to see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the replies guys! Sorry I came in late as I was out of town.

Im also keeping an eye out on the evolve sc kit but I doubt it will be released in time when im back stateside. Ill be raped by customs in duties and taxes if it was shipped directly here, I have to acquire the kit in the US and bring it back with me.

My Euro E46 M3 is LHD as well.

Bummer on the MaxPSI kit having little issues still but ill get in touch with them this week to get more details.

Ill definitely check out the G-Power kit as well... please keep the suggestions coming guys! I really appreciate it. It feels like im running out of time to decide. LOL!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    orry I came in late as I was out of town.
    Inexcusable. I'm docking you points.

Bummer on the MaxPSI kit having little issues still but ill get in touch with them this week to get more details.
    I wouldn't say issues as much as if anything pops up its good to be local. It isn't quite at the set it and forget it level just yet. It will be though.

Ill definitely check out the G-Power kit as well...
    Waste of money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hah! Ill take it since I was stress free on an island vacation for the past 4 days anyway! Click here to enlarge

Thats my concern too as far as the maxpsi kit being plug and play then forget... but i think thats goes with any kit that i go with since im overseas. Thats why I wanted to get a fully built turbo car already and find a way to get it here but was a no go due to some emissions requirements to exit the US..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Waste of money.
    Only if you use advertised price versus power as your only metric in determining a kit's value Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can vouch for AA and the quality of their Gen 7 & 8 kit is truly outstanding. Their support is also amazing, I never had an issue getting assistance from the AA support team and would highly recommend based on my experience.
    Click here to enlarge
    SAAD Racing Stage 3 Turbo + E85 & Nitrous

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Only if you use advertised price versus power as your only metric in determining a kit's value Click here to enlarge
    What do you use?