Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I'm assuming they could control boost / power onset per gear? Good question.... the DCT, while awesome, does make it complicated
    They're tuning off the OEM DME with an Electronic Boost Controller, so DCT/TQ management is the real money question. Personally I'm expecting just over 600 WHP with a MEATY mid-450 WTQ curve once it's on boost. Honestly surprised cause I didn't think the OEM rods were capable of handling that much TQ.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Can't wait to see numbers, both dyno and performance. I have been waiting to see a successful turbo kit on this platform, that's what it will take to get it to compete with the big boys. Really exciting stuff, man what a year 2014 will be for all e9x
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

The turbos that are on the car right now are GT2860 with Tial housing and everything. They have twin 35r that are going in a built setup for the s65.

Alex was also telling me he's doing a TT kit for the s85 out in Moscow for 1 mile race they have there. M6 with about 1500whp he stated, twin 35r on a built motor 30+ psi and a DCT if I recall correctly. They're not going to stop at the s65, they're going beyond.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    M6 with about 1500whp he stated, twin 35r on a built motor 30+ psi and a DCT if I recall correctly
    A DCT that can handle 1500whp?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AlexQuattro Click here to enlarge
    A DCT that can handle 1500whp?
    Yes, Built DCT, Built Motor low compression with lots and lots of boost.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    If I had the cash, I'd be all over an TT-E90 M3, 6MT just to avoid the unnecessary DCT headaches that Sticky's been dealing with.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dear based god, please bring me a dct e60 m5

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Sweet mother of god!

That sounds absolutely insane!
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No numbers yet but the tune has come along nicely and the car is running strong from what I understand. Making more power than the stock internal SC's I hear Click here to enlarge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e0n2wQbYgc
    Uber high revving V8 with turbo that makes up some of the TORQUE of the base platform will be so special !
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AlexQuattro Click here to enlarge
    Is there anything else to do though?

I mean what could you do at the point you are at besides lower compression pistons?
    There's new things they are doing to the motors.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    my next question is now gonna be what are u gonna do about the dct now?....gintanis TT car is making WAAAAAAAAY more tq than a sc m3...
    They don't seem to be concerned.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky you were having issues with the dct at your current TQ figure....id assume TT looking at these numbers and what i know it made will about double those tq figures....so your tq 'multiplication" turns into tq "exponents"...lol
    Well let's see what the upgraded DCT does.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Can't wait to see numbers, both dyno and performance. I have been waiting to see a successful turbo kit on this platform, that's what it will take to get it to compete with the big boys. Really exciting stuff, man what a year 2014 will be for all e9x
    LOL with a supercharger it's already competing with the BMW big boys. Turbos will just put this 'weak' platform over the top.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

The turbos that are on the car right now are GT2860 with Tial housing and everything. They have twin 35r that are going in a built setup for the s65.

Alex was also telling me he's doing a TT kit for the s85 out in Moscow for 1 mile race they have there. M6 with about 1500whp he stated, twin 35r on a built motor 30+ psi and a DCT if I recall correctly. They're not going to stop at the s65, they're going beyond.
    You weren't supposed to mention the S85 stuff yet .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    If I had the cash, I'd be all over an TT-E90 M3, 6MT just to avoid the unnecessary DCT headaches that Sticky's been dealing with.
    Until you lose to a DCT car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

You weren't supposed to mention the S85 stuff yet .
    Ahhh fml lol, hope I dont get in trouble. I get too excited when i hear good news like that. How can i keep it a secret lol.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Ahhh fml lol, hope I dont get in trouble. I get too excited when i hear good news like that. How can i keep it a secret lol.
    By not talking about it.

Oh well whatever people are soon going to see why these are the strongest motors for modification in the German tuning scene.

8000+ rpm V10 with twin turbos? I wonder what that sounds like. Damn people are idiots.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

LOL with a supercharger it's already competing with the BMW big boys. Turbos will just put this 'weak' platform over the top.
    No, I mean big boys as in GTR's, Supras, Gallardos, Corvette's, Ford GT's, and I'm talking the big power built motor guys, not stock, obviously

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

By not talking about it.

Oh well whatever people are soon going to see why these are the strongest motors for modification in the German tuning scene.

8000+ rpm V10 with twin turbos? I wonder what that sounds like. Damn people are idiots.
    I agree. I cqn only imagine this will be like the tt v10 in the lambo or audi. With lots more revs Click here to enlarge. Hopefully it can put the power down to the rear.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

By not talking about it.

Lol, whoever doesn't think these motors have potential are idiots yes, but I've yet to see anyone on this forum dispute that. Where are you reading people doubting this? I'd love to hop over for a read. I am a member on svtperformance.com as well, don't hang out there much though.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

No, I mean big boys as in GTR's, Supras, Gallardos, Corvette's, Ford GT's, and I'm talking the big power built motor guys, not stock, obviously
    Ok well on the E9X and in the BMW scene with just a supercharger the E92 M3 is already more than proving its strength and with turbos it's just going to get better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Lol, whoever doesn't think these motors have potential are idiots yes, but I've yet to see anyone on this forum dispute that. Where are you reading people doubting this? I'd love to hop over for a read. I am a member on svtperformance.com as well, don't hang out there much though.
    Basically everyone I ever talked to with a 335 in my history? Why did I see this coming 5 years ago?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Basically everyone I ever talked to with a 335 in my history? Why did I see this coming 5 years ago?
    Really? lol, I mean hey, I love my motor and teasing how it's the next 2jz but....to think the N54 and S65 have the same potential is just silly...I've been talking about revs and open deck since...well...forever?

S85>S65>N54>2jz

I still really need to ride in a S/C M3, like an AA level 3 kit or something equivalent pushing 580+whp in a DCT, just want to see how it feels.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

C'mon you know that's hyperbole.

With that said, if anyone is actually arguing the S85 lacks for potential, they should have their head checked.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast