Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

BB Flash - Map only (Cruise Control Error at and after 100kph)

Hey guys, I am trying to figure out why I get a Cruise Control Error once my car gets to 100kph. One of my thoughts is that it doesn't like the speed limiter set to off in the flash. Do I need to do a full flash to change this, or does the 'map flash' feature include flash settings like this as well as the maps?

I guess what I am asking is what parts of the file are flashed in a Map Flash.

PS Also if you know what can cause my problem, that would be pro as well. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Whose maps did you flash with it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Its a Vishnu 'differences' BIN. So my BIN with the flex fuel differences added in.

The original flash of this BIN was a full write. I am just looking at toggling the Speed Limiter back on for testing purposes to see if that is my cruise issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Honestly Vishnu should be offering support.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

They are. They have already helped me out with a problem I had and have been really good to deal with.

Obviously though they don't provide support in relation to BB Flash since their Flex Fuel kit etc is designed to either send in your DME or buy the OFT. I live in regional Australia and didn't like either of those options.

So I am trouble shooting what I can myself, as well as having sent emails to Shiv and Wedge to see if they had experienced anything like this before. And of course asking the community that developed the software, which is you guys. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kabnine Click here to enlarge
    support in relation to BB Flash since their Flex Fuel kit etc is designed to either send in your DME or buy the OFT
    It does the same thing as the OFT so that's just BS to get you to spend money. No surprise really.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kabnine Click here to enlarge
    So I am trouble shooting what I can myself, as well as having sent emails to Shiv and Wedge to see if they had experienced anything like this before. And of course asking the community that developed the software, which is you guys.
    Of course we'll try to help as best as we can but I really don't know what to advise here. If it's an issue with the map causing it there isn't anything we can do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

Of course we'll try to help as best as we can but I really don't know what to advise here. If it's an issue with the map causing it there isn't anything we can do.
    Thanks. I guess I will just do full writes during my trouble shooting to be 100% certain. Whats 18mins. Gives me time to make a coffee and drink it. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

You could also try some other maps and see if the problem goes away. If it does you have isolated it to the tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

There's something about cruise in these bins. Some bin/ROM combos can use cruise with traction disabled even... so maybe it's something regional that wasn't defined correctly in the xdf. Many people lose the ability to use cruise with traction disabled when flashing the bms canned backend for example. Just a thought.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Try flashing back to your original DME software (you did make a backup?)to check if the problem is related to this map you're using.
    It could be the Cruise module itself is faulty, and you'll be hunting ghosts trying to solve a non existing problem in the Vishnu map.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    As part of my testing i flashed back to my back up BIN and it works flawlessly. I also ran the procede in Map 0, with the Back End Flash and it still wouldn't work, so I have definitely narrowed it down to something in the BIN. I even turned the Speed Limiter back on in the Back End Flash to see if that was it, but cruise still errored over 100kph.

I have run the differences tool in Tuner Pro and had a look at them, but nothing jumped out at me, admittedly I don't know what a lot of the fields mean. Most of them were tuning related, but there were a lot of others.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Are you using the correct xdf for both files? Fwiw, you can't (shouldn't) use the difference tool if your opening two bins from two different ROMs with the same xdf. An xdf is linked to a specific bin and vice versa based on dme software version (I8A0S etc).