Close

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    FWIW on the 135i it went 8.6s @ 460whp, 7.3s @ 530whp, and 5.9s @ ~620whp. I can't imagine how much power it would take to get in the high 3s. Let alone low 3s. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    FWIW on the 135i it went 8.6s @ 460whp, 7.3s @ 530whp, and 5.9s @ ~620whp. I can't imagine how much power it would take to get in the high 3s. Let alone low 3s. Click here to enlarge
    5 seconds is good enough for me!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lfelunden Click here to enlarge
    I like the fact that you can drive around as a sleeper and do high 5s in 60-130. THIS! When is the NeXT shift sector? I want those GTR fanboys to go home crying Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Yes, and they cost $250-300K to build. Pretty sure he is talking stock turbo or slightly modded GTR's. Even then you are talking a total build of under 40K for this car including price of the car on the market right now, vs 60-80 for the slightly modified GTR. In my opinion the E9X N54 platform is the absolute top bang for the buck you can get in the automotive aftermarket right now.
    Guess he should have said, "I want those slightly modded GTR fanboys to go home crying Click here to enlarge"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Guess he should have said, "I want those slightly modded GTR fanboys to go home crying Click here to enlarge"
    Good point... haha..Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea exactly. I don't know why these guys are saying you need 800whp to hit 3-4 seconds. It's like they totally forgot weight is a factor LOL. Yea I have 900whp, so that means I can hit 4 second 60-130 in my VAN? LOL doesn't make sense. Power to weight.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Yea exactly. I don't know why these guys are saying you need 800whp to hit 3-4 seconds. It's like they totally forgot weight is a factor LOL. Yea I have 900whp, so that means I can hit 4 second 60-130 in my VAN? LOL doesn't make sense. Power to weight.
    There is no exact formula as it differs based on each car but just ballparking what it takes.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    do u think it can hit 660 rwhp at 28psi with this turbo?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    do u think it can hit 660 rwhp at 28psi with this turbo?
    I'm thinking with a ported head and a little lower CR I'll be in the 650rw range at 26-27psi. Which is around 50rw more than I need. So it will probably be run around 23psi most of the time. But it's always nice to have the extra power on tap when the urge strikes.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    buen trabajo terry,enhorabuena ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm thinking with a ported head and a little lower CR I'll be in the 650rw range at 26-27psi. Which is around 50rw more than I need. So it will probably be run around 23psi most of the time. But it's always nice to have the extra power on tap when the urge strikes.
    Boost by gear Click here to enlarge
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Lets look at what cars are hitting 3-4 seconds and then you find me something in the 3-4's making anything less than 1000.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What are 1000 whp cars doing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    Lets look at what cars are hitting 3-4 seconds and then you find me something in the 3-4's making anything less than 1000.
    I don't think you understood his comment.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I don't think you understood his comment.
    Youre a winner.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So a gtr went 4.44 at 824 whp. No other figures posted. That's impressive but what's more impressive is you need almost 50% more power to go just 1 second faster and more than double to go 2 seconds faster.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also FWIW I still run the quiet 2.75" factory muffler. Some day I need to open that cutout up! Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    how much u will lower the CR, u know the ported heads will rise the torque high, it's not a good thing for the 6AT. i think u will hit 600 rwtq

what if u skip the ported head & lower CR, it will hit 650rwhp at 26-27 psi?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I expect the head will not drop any torque and increase power across the board for the boost level. CR down to around 9.5:1. Minor drop. That will cost a bit of torque.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So a gtr went 4.44 at 824 whp. No other figures posted. That's impressive but what's more impressive is you need almost 50% more power to go just 1 second faster and more than double to go 2 seconds faster.
    Maybe its not "just" power but traction/suspension limitations.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Terry@BMS is your tran going to be ready for no fly zone?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm having Ivan (formerly of LTMW) pull it tomorrow to send it in. I doubt it will be ready but I'll try. Worst case I'll have to race the M5 again.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm having Ivan (formerly of LTMW) pull it tomorrow to send it in. I doubt it will be ready but I'll try. Worst case I'll have to race the M5 again.
    And we know you'd hate to have to do that......Click here to enlarge

Terry drives with one hand, sipping a cup of coffee while beating people in the M5. #glorious
    Click here to enlarge
    460whp/510wtq tuned by Terry

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Even it's soul was blown away!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast