Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nafoo's M3 Jeep

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

nafoo's M3 Jeep

Haven't really taken any nice pictures or anything yet, but here's one with new shoes.

I have KW V3s sitting in the trunk waiting to be installed...

Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nice! I didn't realize you already got your m3. How do u like it over your 335? Personally I wish I made the jump sooner.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Nice! I didn't realize you already got your m3. How do u like it over your 335? Personally I wish I made the jump sooner.
    It's not as torquey, but I love how it pulls all the way to redline. It just keeps going and going. I hit 180+ twice already and it felt like it could have kept on going.

Also, the wider base makes it feel more planted, which I love. I'm glad I went with a 335 first because now I can truly appreciate the little things that make this a M car.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's a good car. You pick it up modded already?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Also, the wider base makes it feel more planted, which I love. I'm glad I went with a 335 first because now I can truly appreciate the little things that make this a M car.
    I really want to know that feeling. It's really THAT much better even with all the suspension mods, coils and LSD you had on the 335?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looking forward to impressions after the KW's.

Car needs boost.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I really want to know that feeling. It's really THAT much better even with all the suspension mods, coils and LSD you had on the 335?
    My thought exactly...I don't see how it can really be much different after some M3 hardware and same coilovers...lol
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    My thought exactly...I don't see how it can really be much different after some M3 hardware and same coilovers...lol
    If that's really the case, I won't spend the cash on the suspension mods etc.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If that's really the case, I won't spend the cash on the suspension mods etc.
    The only difference is a very small width advantage, but then also a disadvantage with a bit heavier motor up front, but I dunno would be very interesting to drive each side by side with same tires to compare.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know your not talking to me... But Absolutely...it's night and day. Spend some time with a m3 and get back to me. The steering feel, Wider track/oem fenders, suspension, handling, etc.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know your not talking to me... But Absolutely...it's night and day. Spend some time with a m3 and get back to me. The steering feel, Wider track/oem fenders, suspension, handling, etc.
    Having driven an M3 multiple times I attest to this

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If I'm not mistaken steering is the same, and most guys serious about handling on a 335 use coilovers with M3 upper and lower control arms. Only difference is slightly wider track, that would be the only thing making the difference, that and the //M3 badge. I would honestly think a 335i with a nice coilover suspension would out maneuver an M3, but I just don't really know how good the stock suspension is besides the fact that most still upgrade from stock

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    If I'm not mistaken steering is the same, and most guys serious about handling on a 335 use coilovers with M3 upper and lower control arms. Only difference is slightly wider track, that would be the only thing making the difference, that and the //M3 badge. I would honestly think a 335i with a nice coilover suspension would out maneuver an M3, but I just don't really know how good the stock suspension is besides the fact that most still upgrade from stock
    You asked the question... I'm telling you it's night and day difference. Throw everything you want at the 335, it won't feel like the m3. I don't think the steering is the same at all...

@E90Company just said the same... Let's see what @nafoo says.

Btw I love the 335... But I now know it will never feel like the m3
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Steering is completely different btw...

M3 steering ratio 12.5:1
    335i steering ratio 16:1
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes M3 has a different steering rack.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The M3 makes the 335 feel like every input in the car suffers from lag.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Steering is completely different btw...

M3 steering ratio 12.5:1
    335i steering ratio 16:1
    Interesting...BTW not doubting you man, just asking what the actual differences are.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea it seems like that with every M car. I drove my buddies e60 M5 and that already feels like it can outhandle my car, it feels so precise and balanced. I've driven the e92 a couple of times and yes, steering is way different. It's very very responsive, and feels much lighter than the 335.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The M3 makes the 335 feel like every input in the car suffers from lag.
    Good way of explaining it... The m3 just does everything better. I don't know how they do it..
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats on the M3.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GearHead03 Click here to enlarge
    That's a good car. You pick it up modded already?
    Yeah, just had to add wheels and suspension.

The car feels a lot more responsive and I'm thinking it's the steering rack and 265s in the front. Feels a lot more planted to me.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Looking forward to impressions after the KW's.

Car needs boost.
    KWs are going on Thursday via Alex Noll. Only the best hands get to touch my M3 Click here to enlarge

We'll see. I'm pretty content with the power right now.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Congrats on the M3.
    Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    can never go wrong with volks
    m3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i fn hate threads like this. i had money on a jerez black e90 m3 and decided to hold off to buy the cheaper mtech e92 and throw rbs on it... which than backfired when bmw blew my motor and left me to dry LOL... making it the same fakin price...

ugh ugh ugh
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    show some pics, damn it! Click here to enlarge

I think it looks tough as HELL now Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    show some pics, damn it! Click here to enlarge

I think it looks tough as HELL now Click here to enlarge
    No longer a jeep thanks to @alex@ABRhouston

Click here to enlarge

BTW, her name is Sharkeisha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast