Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 136
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    LISTEN to me. Read this over a couple a time before you start back tracking and spinning words

    Inside the combustion chamber, where the air meets whatever gas you have in the tank. If I inject pure meth into that chamber. Will the octane rating of the air/meth/gas be higher than if the mix is air/70-30mix/gas? The answer is simple, the answer is yes, the octane mix will be HIGHER with pure meth. Therefore adding water to your mix, lowers octane.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Also keep in mind there is more to making power than octane rating. when a fuel combusts it gives off energy correct? Being that water doesnt combust/compress, it gives off no energy.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,320
    Rep Points
    32,735.7
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    LISTEN to me. Read this over a couple a time before you start back tracking and spinning words
    With all due respect, that is exactly what you are doing.

    Listen to this: WATER DOES NOT LOWER THE OCTANE RATING. Ok? I don't know when you are going to get it, I really don't. I still don't understand how you have made this large of an oversight when it is plain as day. You can spare yourself the embarrassment and simply say now, hey, I was wrong, water increases detonation resistance. That is exactly what octane measures.

    There is no example that is going to change it, the simple answer is you are incorrect.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,320
    Rep Points
    32,735.7
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Also keep in mind there is more to making power than octane rating. when a fuel combusts it gives off energy correct? Being that water doesnt combust/compress, it gives off no energy.
    I am not discussing power potential, I highlighted your post that was incorrect which I was referencing.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Answer my question
    Which octane rating will be higher
    air/meth/gas
    air/mix/gas

    I love how you googled water and came up with bull$#@! infinite octane ratings when water cannot be given a rating based on its definition. Try again

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    As you are typing up your answer which wont actually answer my question.
    More stuff to think about. I understand water alone has zero affect on octane rating, however meth has a huge affect on octane rating. So If i replace 30 percent of my meth with water, I am spraying 30 percent less of meth. less meth in the chamber equals lower rating. If you don't agree with this, read a book.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,320
    Rep Points
    32,735.7
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    I love how you googled water and came up with bull$#@! infinite octane ratings when water cannot be given a rating based on its definition. Try again
    It isn't bull$#@!, water doesn't combust lol. Exactly, water can not be given an octane rating because it is not combustible yet this somehow lowers the octane rating instead of increasing it? Haha, try again.

    Here is an answer to your question: No example you can come up with is going to change the physical properties of matter. Let it go, big deal, you made a mistake.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    115
    Rep Points
    49.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Most of the P-car guys spray 100% meth for max power. It's not all cooling but a balance of cooling and btu's gained from combustion. While it is true water does not contain octane molecules, spraying water increases the octane rating of the resulting water/fuel mixture.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,320
    Rep Points
    32,735.7
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    I understand water alone has zero affect on octane rating
    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh
    Water lowers octane.....
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,320
    Rep Points
    32,735.7
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MoBoost Click here to enlarge
    While it is true water does not contain octane molecules, spraying water increases the octane rating of the resulting water/fuel mixture.
    Exactly.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I love how you quote certain parts of my post

    quote this part next time

    So If i replace 30 percent of my meth with water, I am spraying 30 percent less of meth. less meth in the chamber equals lower rating. If you don't agree with this, read a book.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,320
    Rep Points
    32,735.7
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    I love how you quote certain parts of my post

    quote this part next time

    So If i replace 30 percent of my meth with water, I am spraying 30 percent less of meth. less meth in the chamber equals lower rating. If you don't agree with this, read a book.
    Click here to enlarge

    I respect the knowledge you share and I'm glad you speak your mind but you need to learn you don't know everything. I think this was an interesting eye opener and hope you learned something.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Definitions of octane rating on the Web:



    keep thinking water applies to this. With that said, I am sorry you are wrong again. Nice try.

    ONCE AGAIN THE GREAT STICKY QUOTES PEOPLE WIHTOUT ACTUALLY PROVIDING ANY PROOF OR AN ANSWER THAT WAS ASKED. You need to pop the bubble you live.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,320
    Rep Points
    32,735.7
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    keep thinking water applies to this
    Water does apply to this Laloosh, I think this will make it very clear:

    When injected properly, water alone will not only significantly cool down the air charge temperatures, but will also act as a very high-octane booster. Read that again if you need too. Researchers estimate up to a 20-point raise in octane can be achieved by using water injection with 87-93 octane gas. No need for expensive racing fuels or octane boosters. A simple water injection system will significantly cool down your air charge temperatures, while dramatically increasing your fuels octane. The best part is, water is free and racing gas is notoriously expensive.

    So, how does it work? Well, it’s not as simple as hooking up a water hose and pouring it in to the intake of your engine. Wouldn’t that be interesting? No, it must be sprayed in a controlled manner at the right time, into the intake air charge in a fine mist so that it can properly mix with the air/fuel charge. Since water does not burn, it effectively increases the fuels octane by increasing the fuels ability to resist self-igniting under higher pressures and hotter cylinder temperatures. Octane rating is nothing more than how much the fuel can be compressed before it spontaneously ignites.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    up to 20 percent

    87 time 1.20 is 104 octane


    You want to quote scientists?
    As a rule of thumb, 50/50 Water/Methanol injection will increase the
    octane rating of pump gas by 25% during injection.
    hmmm 50/50 mix is already 5 percent higher, I wonder what happens when the mix is gear further towards meth.....

    water does not apply because it is not a fuel

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,320
    Rep Points
    32,735.7
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    water does not apply because it is not a fuel
    Okie dokie, I'm going to go grab some beers.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Stick around, Im bored and don't mind slowly prooving my point. With some, it must be broken down to sink in. Sad

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,932
    Rep Points
    1,377.3
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    1. Water does not lower the octane rating.
    2. Water cools and thus fighting the detonation enables more boost/timing, i.e. the outcome is similar as having higher octane
    3. the more meth the higher the octane.
    4. If you would assume a certain fixed total spray of meth+water, increasing water would decrease the meth, and decreasing meth is the reason for lowering octane, not increasing water as such.
    5. So you need to have enough pump and nozzle for the water&meth combo and not having the tradeoff of one decreasing the amount of the other.
    6. Sure, making the assumption that the spray is limited and fixed, you can think that indirectly increasing water would be the reason for decreasing meth, which is the factor actually decreasing the octane. But why to assume a fixed amount of total spray?

    As people have said, water fights the detonation, so you should spray enough water and lot of meth. Water evaporates fully before entering the combustion chamber and does thus not affect the octane of the fuel in the combustion chamber. Cooling effect will fight the detonation, however.
    Last edited by 654; 10-23-2010 at 07:01 AM.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,320
    Rep Points
    32,735.7
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    1. Water does not lower the octane rating.
    2. Water cools and thus fighting the detonation enables more boost/timing, i.e. the outcome is similar as having higher octane
    3. the more meth the higher the octane.
    4. If you would assume a certain fixed total spray of meth+water, increasing water would decrease the meth, and decreasing meth is the reason for lowering octane, not increasing water as such.
    5. So you need to have enough pump and nozzle for the water&meth combo and not having the tradeoff of one decreasing the amount of the other.
    6. Sure, making the assumption that the spray is limited and fixed, you can think that indirectly increasing water would be the reason for decreasing meth, which is the factor actually decreasing the octane. But why to assume a fixed amount of total spray?

    As people have said, water fights the detonation, so you should spray enough water and lot of meth. Water evaporates fully before entering the combustion chamber and does thus not affect the octane of the fuel in the combustion chamber. Cooling effect will fight the detonation, however.
    Well said.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    3: THE MORE METH THE MORE OCTANE, IF YOU DISPLACE A PERCENTAGE OF METH WITH WATER, YOU LOWER THE OCTANE.

    Its like talking to a wall. This board is worse than e90 sometimes.

    You assume a fixed spray because nozzles only flow so much. You throw on a do10, you will flow whatever a do10 flows at over and over again.

    If you you decrease meth by spraying more water you lower octane. You say the lower octance is because you are injecting less meth. I say because you are injecting less meth due to adding water. It is the same $#@!, Sticky is just to egotistical to admit it.

    According to him, technically, I should fill up my gas tank with 50 percent water and 50 percent 93. $#@! is gonna be OUT.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    If meth is a fuel, then what happens when you add too much fuel? doesnt that run rich and rob power?

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    If meth is a fuel, then what happens when you add too much fuel? doesnt that run rich and rob power?
    No, because the ecu targets an A/F ratio and automatically adjusts. If anything you will bog and loose power on water before you do on meth.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    No, because the ecu targets an A/F ratio and automatically adjusts. If anything you will bog and loose power on water before you do on meth.
    ahh. ok

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,320
    Rep Points
    32,735.7
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    According to him, technically, I should fill up my gas tank with 50 percent water and 50 percent 93. $#@! is gonna be OUT.
    You said that, not me.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    If you you decrease meth by spraying more water you lower octane. You say the lower octance is because you are injecting less meth. I say because you are injecting less meth due to adding water. It is the same $#@!, Sticky is just to egotistical to admit it.
    Please read this post: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...7652#post67652
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Please admit you are wrong.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •