Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Coolingmist meth question and who mkes the best tanks ?

VC2 - can you still have failsafety setup without flowsensor ? I don't want the flow sensor since their get clogged at a high mixture, and who makes the best tanks ? what's a good design ? I heard the 1.5 cm tank is not that good , thanks Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bump, somebody help this guy out.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The flow sensor is the failsafe. So the the answer is no.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The flow sensor provides the input to the VC2 to display flow as well as telling the VC2 to send/cut the voltage to JB3 or Procede to engage or disengaged math mapping based on the measured flow. This is the most critical component of the kit.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So the only way to run 100% meth with failsafety will be procede with lobante ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by n54BoostOnCoke Click here to enlarge
    So the only way to run 100% meth with failsafety will be procede with lobante ?
    does labonte use a flow sensor?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not sure how it works, but I heard they run 100% meth with failsafety.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i think aquamist is the only one you can run %100 meth, in my honest opinion i dont feel a difference betweeen 100 meth vs 70/30 meth Click here to enlarge
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No way are you serious ? lol I thought the difference was significant, I mean it felt like it was much stronger with 90/10 over 7/30 . Labonte claims it's compatible with 100% meth. What about the tank which tank is the best out there ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Still don't get why guys even want to go to 100%, I know I prefer to be on the safe side.

If you have to push your turbos that far it should tell you something and you are asking for it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No way are you serious ? lol I thought the difference was significant, I mean it felt like it was much stronger with 90/10 over 7/30 . Labonte claims it's compatible with 100% meth. What about the tank which tank is the best out there ?
    yea idk id like to test it on a dyno... im only running map 7 for my meth map now and its pulling like crazy cause its 45 degrees out Click here to enlarge i think the standard 1 gallon by coolingmist is the best, any style like that... ive seen 5 gallon ones that screws in on the back side of your back seats
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm thinking of switching the tank , getting the labonte progressive spray and failsafety and getting a v4 procede or wait for g4 idk really =\ I'm really confused

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm thinking of switching the tank , getting the labonte progressive spray and failsafety and getting a v4 procede or wait for g4 idk really =\ I'm really confused
    Why?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Because I want to have the failsafety along with higher mixture of meth and it integrates with procede idk if it will work same way with g4 though I'd really want to know

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Because I want to have the failsafety along with higher mixture of meth and it integrates with procede idk if it will work same way with g4 though I'd really want to know
    Ok, I see what you are saying. I don't see why you wouldn't have integration with the G4.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ok, I see what you are saying. I don't see why you wouldn't have integration with the G4.
    Because he wants to run 100% meth and believes that running this will clog the Coolingmist flow sensor which is the only failsafe integrated kit that the JB platform supports.

That being said, I have run a number of real world (1/4 mile runs) tests with 100%, 70% and 60% meth water mixtures. I trapped the fastest on a 60/40 mix (123mph) and cosistently trapped 122mph on every run. I trapped the slowest on 100%, 119-120mph and I consistently trapped 120-121mph on 70% mix. The DAs were a little bit higher when I ran the 70% mix so im my opinion there is likely very little performance variation between 70% and 60% meth content.

I will never run 100% meth again as there is no evidence of increased performance and with the increased saftey of having a decent water content its a no brainer to run a 70 or 60% meth mixture. I am looking forward to the G4 board as I really want to compare ignition results with the different mixtures. This will be a huge tell on what looks to be the safetest power making results for my car.

I am hopeful that solid timing (9-12 degrees throughout) will align with my trap speed results of the different mixtures.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    Because he wants to run 100% meth and believes that running this will clog the Coolingmist flow sensor which is the only failsafe integrated kit that the JB platform supports.
    Interesting. Does the Procede support more failsafes? Just curious.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    I will never run 100% meth again as there is no evidence of increased performance and with the increased saftey of having a decent water content its a no brainer to run a 70 or 60% meth mixture.
    I agree.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    VC2 - can you still have failsafety setup without flowsensor ? I don't want the flow sensor since their get clogged at a high mixture, and who makes the best tanks ? what's a good design ? I heard the 1.5 cm tank is not that good , thanks Click here to enlarge
    Our 1.5 gallon tank simply needs to be setup correct. Its easy to do and once you set it up right, its reliable. Ask anyone that has it. Our flow sensor does not get clogged so to speak, methanol boils at 147F and the flow sensor is sensitive to heat. You should be careful running more than 50/50 meth. the higher percentage of methanol the lower the boiling point, flash point etc.

Some water has benefits that you cant get from 100% meth.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Interesting. Does the Procede support more failsafes? Just curious.
    I believe it does but I cannot comment for certain as I do not know enough about the PROcede.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    how was it stronger I don't get it ? you run jb ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just read this:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMS
    In theory you can use any failsafe with the G4 though. So long as it provides a 0-5v input signal based on flow. And ideally can accept a 4-10khz range back from the G4 so the G4 can control the injection amount without having to rely on an archaic and slow vacuum hose being run to the controller in the trunk.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ok kool

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting. I have a few customers who insisted on running 100% all the time....I was leery of it and the facts have shown to be true. The whole point of a water injection kit was to spray water...I guess mixing it with meth came as an afterthought.

When I get the M30 running I'm going to try running straight water and keep stepping it up to see what is best.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And on another note, I have yet to have any problems with a cooling mist kit. The first one I installed went great. I mounted the tank properly as well as installed the pickup in the tank... Which I have seen several others NOT do this. I'm in the process of fixing a kit that was installed at another shop which to be honest was done all sorts of incorrectly....and Dave has been very helpful throughout the process.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You guys dumping 40 percent water from dual 7 nozzles are insane. Water does not compress, and when you dump that much of it, you are simply asking for trouble.

The ONLY reason on this car when you should run a mix of meth/water is when you are worried about fire safty, at that point you should run less meth then water. 100 percent meth will ALWAYS make more power. Meth is fuel, water is not.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast