Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

New turbos under warranty

Just had my turbos replaced under the extended (82,000 mile) warranty. While the engine was out, I decided to replace the water pump/thermostat as preventive maintenance ... the car has 72,000 miles on it. The dealer charged only for the parts for the pump and thermo (I realize I could get the parts cheaper somewhere else) ... no labor.
    Also, since the engine was out, I provided the tech with a set of AR ******* downpipes ... no charge to install them either, since the old ones would need to be reinstalled anyway.
    To top things off, I got to drive a 2013 X1 for a week while the work was done ... all in all, I'm very happy with the dealer (Winter Park, FL).
    I'm also very happy with AR Designs, the first set of DP's sent to me didn't fit correctly. The service tech contacted Chris at AR (and I followed up the next day) and AR shipped a new set of DP's directly to the dealership ... OVERNIGHT and NO cost to me. Needless to say I was thrilled with AR's customer service.
    The car runs like a "raped ape" and all I can say is how pleased I am with the customer service of both the dealership (via the Service Advisor AND the Service Technician) as well as AR Designs.
    (Not every dealership is a "stealership".)
    2009 535i Sport, Jet Black | Cobb Stage 2 ST Aggressive | Injen DCI | AR Downpipes | BMS Led Angel Eyes | BMS Thermostat | Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus
    1975 US Army (Retired)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

new turbos are always a plus! enjoy the car!
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

So free labor on downpipes... nice.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale