Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Even before the engine is built, we are going to take another shot at 60-130. When I did that run, the car was bumping up against a very obvious fuel system limitations. Which is why it ran a rather disappointing 6.28s. Didn't run into the issue on the dyno. But when shifting from 3rd to 4th at WOT, it behaved very differently. That's why we only did a few runs. Sean and I were tossing around some ideas which, when implemented, should give us quite a bit of overhead. Hopefully it will run the high 5s that we predicted with the 740whp it makes on the dyno.
    6.28s is pretty decent for the weight. But I've found nothing but headaches converting 600rw dyno numbers in to 600rw gear after gear on road performance with MSD81 ECUs. Mostly related to post shift timing using NLS/automatics and fuel pressure. I'm sure at 700rw it's even worse. Finally making some good headway now. I think. Having both cars here to bang around at will has really helped speed things along. On the 135i I've had to switch back to the Cobb flash platform to take advantage of some of the torque tables not defined in the Tuner Pro environment.

While you are here why haven't we seen anything from your car in awhile? It's light weight and well setup. Seems like a better car to go after the record.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    I forgot you had that issue with that cyl... twin scroll is really the only way to go with these singles imo
    I think the faster spool has more to do with size of turbo than being twin scroll. I honestly can't see twin scroll being a dramatic difference all else equal
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    While you are here why haven't we seen anything from your car in awhile?
    Cause BRZ electric supercharger bro.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I think the faster spool has more to do with size of turbo than being twin scroll. I honestly can't see twin scroll being a dramatic difference all else equal
    I thought that was the whole point of a twinscroll, better spool more miderange power/torque but sacrifices top end in comparison to a single scroll. I look forward to the day someone puts a quick spool valve on a single.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yeah hopefully it runs well. It's sort of rare anyone goes out the first time without one issue or another though. So just pay attention to all the little details and be sure to test it well ahead of time!
    I'm going to come on Friday and pic up some parts from you, I'll email you about. I want to talk to you and pay you a little extra for all the logs I'll be sending you etc LOL. I'm going to see hopefully 4 weeks will be enough time to test it out before the event.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I'm going to come on Friday and pic up some parts from you, I'll email you about. I want to talk to you and pay you a little extra for all the logs I'll be sending you etc LOL. I'm going to see hopefully 4 weeks will be enough time to test it out before the event.
    When is shift sector? Maybe a Florida ST car will have to make an appearance and represent the sunshine state

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    When is shift sector? Maybe a Florida ST car will have to make an appearance and represent the sunshine state
    A lot of cars from washington and texas come out to SS event. It's April 19and20. I'll be racing for two days (if all goes well lol) I will be there from friday the 18-20
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    A lot of cars from washington and texas come out to SS event. It's April 19and20. I'll be racing for two days (if all goes well lol) I will be there from friday the 18-20
    Hmmm depending on how work is I might have to make it out there. How far in advance would I need to sign up?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL march 3rd is the sign up date. I'd say march 3rd, it fills up fast. I'm about to reserve my room tomorrow. Just dropped another 2k this weekend on parts that need to come through soon.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bolted up the Hoosiers (found out why the 555Rs were spinning... one was corded!), swapped the E30 out for 100 unleaded, and raised boost to 23psi. DA is higher tonight but still managed to knock a th off on the same Mexican road. I tried another road just to get a feeling for what effect slope would have. Obviously a bit too much slope on this run. But you can see the improvement with no other changes lol.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Holy $#@! !!! 6.26???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Linracing Click here to enlarge
    Holy $#@! !!! 6.26???
    That's what I'm saying bro! New record LMAO but yea look at the log. No more spinning like the other log, the rpm looks smooth and spool is soo fast. Love it man, this car is monster.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn! Impressive as usual T!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@!in Terry I just dont understand how he does it... $#@! thats fast....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Holy $#@! !!! 6.26???
    -3.66 gradient. What was shivs slope on his record run?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    it was -2.67

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Holy $#@! !!! 6.26???
    the slope is high -3.6, i would like to see it at lower slope -1.7

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes slope is too high for that run to count. Which is why it says "Run Invalid". But it was interesting to me to note -.9 @ 6.5s to -3.6 @ 6.2s. If I time that slope just right I think I can get it to a 2.99. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 02-20-2014 at 07:45 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    I think Shiv went 6.4x @ 650whp but I'm not sure what his slope was. "Captain" went 6.2x on a -2.5 degree slope but from what I read was traction limited and likely at around 710whp. I'm not sure what their race weights are but Shiv could be anywhere from 50# to 150# heavier than the 135i. "Captain" was probably another 75-100# heavier than Shiv. Happy to see the 135i @ ~580whp being well applied is competitive with the above mentioned higher power cars. And there is more power on tap when I'm ready for it. Click here to enlarge

I also need to get the car back to the scales to see where it stands. I have no idea if and how much weight the turbo kit itself removed. Plus I added some light weight brake rotors and removed the back seats, since I last weighted it at ~3250#. Back then David in his stripped out E92 was ~3300# and our E92 full weight was ~3500#.

PS. Despite Shiv and I not seeing eye to eye on many of the tuning aspects I will say he made the right move teaming up with FFTEC. Their hardware absolutely rocks. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 02-20-2014 at 12:49 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Get off the forum and go break some records!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The ST N54 stuff is a lot of fun... But it's probably 1% of our overall business. So I keep my focus on the customer base and just toy around with the faster cars when time permits. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bolted up the Hoosiers (found out why the 555Rs were spinning... one was corded!), swapped the E30 out for 100 unleaded, and raised boost to 23psi. DA is higher tonight but still managed to knock a th off on the same Mexican road. I tried another road just to get a feeling for what effect slope would have. Obviously a bit too much slope on this run. But you can see the improvement with no other changes lol.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...c1d13928-1.jpg

I think Shiv went 6.4x @ 650whp but I'm not sure what his slope was. "Captain" went 6.2x on a -2.5 degree slope but from what I read was traction limited and likely at around 710whp. I'm not sure what their race weights are but Shiv could be anywhere from 50# to 150# heavier than the 135i. "Captain" was probably another 75-100# heavier than Shiv. Happy to see the 135i @ ~580whp being well applied is competitive with the above mentioned higher power cars. And there is more power on tap when I'm ready for it. Click here to enlarge

I also need to get the car back to the scales to see where it stands. I have no idea if and how much weight the turbo kit itself removed. Plus I added some light weight brake rotors and removed the back seats, since I last weighted it at ~3250#. Back then David in his stripped out E92 was ~3300# and our E92 full weight was ~3500#.

PS. Despite Shiv and I not seeing eye to eye on many of the tuning aspects I will say he made the right move teaming up with FFTEC. Their hardware absolutely rocks. Click here to enlarge
    Awesome results sir and thanks for the kind words!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Terry@BMS Any updates on the trans build?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Run is invalid, period.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge