31 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think a comparison is in order.
    I agree completely!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I like where this is headed. Even if you get smoked, it's always fun to know where you stack up.

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Linracing Click here to enlarge
    Pretty much this 135 with a bit more boost and transmission fixed, should beat most SC m3's that don't have over 30-40k into engine builds and custom superchargers.
    So is 6.16 the overall M3 record? Sticky what is your best VBOX 60-130?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Yep 6.16 is...that is by a guy that is not even in the US. He also has the fastest N/A 60-130 by a long shot so i am guessing he either has a unique engine from the factory or a bogus vbox machine lol...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Yep 6.16 is...that is by a guy that is not even in the US. He also has the fastest N/A 60-130 by a long shot so i am guessing he either has a unique engine from the factory or a bogus vbox machine lol...
    Ahh. So what is the fastest legit time (e.g. not done in negative DA or under questionable circumstances)?
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Crazy part about it is he pulled this off with a bad transmission and turbo not even in kill mode. !!! Click here to enlarge
    Honestly I'm curious to bolt on the slicks and run it on a -2.5 degree slope just for the hell of it. Maybe next weekend... Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

6.36 that's without nitrous that's the fastest legitimate time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

6.36 that's without nitrous that's the fastest legitimate time.
    Before I worry too much about beating M3s I better take care of business at home. I think Shiv ran 6.2x with his MT setup which is the current N54 60-130 record as far as I know. I'll shoot for that.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I seem to recall CaptainInsano's ST ran a 5.8s. On a -2.5, little more boost, seats removed, etc. seems reasonable that Terry could be in that ballpark.

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
    I seem to recall CaptainInsano's ST ran a 5.8s. On a -2.5, little more boost, seats removed, etc. seems reasonable that Terry could be in that ballpark.

-Rich
    Wow 5.8s is fast. Have a link so I can read the details? For some reason I thought he ran 6.2 w/ something like 740whp.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Wow 5.8s is fast. Have a link so I can read the details? For some reason I thought he ran 6.2 w/ something like 740whp.
    I could be wrong (looks like we were posting at the same time). I'll see if I can dig that up. 6.28 may be right.

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge

-Rich
    That car had 738whp and I remember it running a 6.28. Do you have a link to the 5.8? So for terry to pull the time he did with ~570whp and two shifts versus 1 with captains car is pretty impressive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I do not remember seeing anything under 6 seconds... I highly doubt that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Looks like I was mistaken. I can't seem to find anything faster than the 6.28. Looks like it is definitely within reach! Go get it Terry Click here to enlarge

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Terry, which Vbox model do you use, and how expensive are these units? Vbox website doesn't list.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

OK phew, I was starting to sweat. I think 6.2s is within reach. 5.8s is another 10k away. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Terry, which Vbox model do you use, and how expensive are these units? Vbox website doesn't list.
    It's a 10hz model, I think? Bought it awhile ago. Was $499 IIRC. Now they have newer 20hz ones but I'm not sure what the cost is or if the precision is improved much in the real world.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Then go for these and wave to the ones you have already beat! Lol

AMS Alpha 12 GT-R – 3.31 seconds!
    Bugatti Veyron – 5.6 seconds
    Suzuki GSXR1000 Motorcycle – 5.9 seconds
    Ferrari Enzo – 7.3 seconds
    Porsche Carrera GT – 7.3 seconds
    Lamborghini LP640 – 7.8 seconds
    Chevorlet C6 Z06 Corvette – 7.8 seconds

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blackshan Click here to enlarge

That AMS GTR is now at 2.67 seconds 60-130MPH... Fastest by any car to date.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I've never done one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I've never done one.
    Why not!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blackshan Click here to enlarge

Not sure if you guys know this but I own 60-130.com so I need to get that database up ASAP. I have a few tricks in store for the automotive performance world. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Why not!
    Because I think the Vbox is an overpriced piece of junk considering an equivalent piece of GPS hardware or one with an even better sampling rate can be had for a fraction of the price. I'd like to construct something better than it but... yes, I will run 60-130 with it as soon as it is possible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

That AMS GTR is now at 2.67 seconds 60-130MPH... Fastest by any car to date.
    60-130 is becoming constrained. I think it's time to make a push for 60-160 as a standard as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    That car had 738whp and I remember it running a 6.28. Do you have a link to the 5.8? So for terry to pull the time he did with ~570whp and two shifts versus 1 with captains car is pretty impressive.
    Yes that is the car I'm thinking of. It's the current record right? Hard to compete with ~740whp but I'm a good 200# lighter.

On the shifts it's hard to tell but I'm pretty sure it was 1 shift. It hits 5th right around 130mph. In the VBOX chart it looks like the shift is right before around ~127mph but I thought I heard the VBOX beep a split second before the 4->5 shift and the log doesn't show it really getting in to 5th for long. The slicks are around 1/2" taller so that should help give a bit more room.
    Burger Motorsports

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast