Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think the forced induction community for the z4m is very small worldwide.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fr8tdog Click here to enlarge
    I think the forced induction community for the z4m is very small worldwide.
    It sure seems to be, kind of a shame. You guys need more options as well but the ECU does in fact seem to be the roadblock.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

hey fr8tdog, nice to see you on here bro... sell the vt2?? no way, i have to say tho, ive spent alot of time in lake tahoe.... amazing place, well i personally now understand why ESS wont be doing vt2 but what i really really dont understand is...... why not just tell your customers that have spent thousands with you, simple just tell us straight, thats just plain annoying. Fr8tdog could you do me a massive favour, can you post detailed pics of your engine bay and intercooler pipe run, i would really appreciate that ;-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by beedub Click here to enlarge
    why not just tell your customers that have spent thousands with you, simple just tell us straight, thats just plain annoying.
    That's the part I don't get, why just keep leading you on and give you hope?

Fr8tdog could you do me a massive favour, can you post detailed pics of your engine bay and intercooler pipe run, i would really appreciate that ;-)
    He has a vid up here: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...0240#post50240

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's a secret...if they told us then they would have to kill usClick here to enlarge. I understand the frustration. For you bro, I will take off the front grill and get detailed pics of the piping. It will be a few days because of work...but I will get you the pics. As far as selling my car, I go back and forth...one day I'm ok with it, then the next I'm saying " what the he'll are you thinking". Tahoe isn't cheap though. These are the problems I don't mind having. Cheers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

For you bro, I will take off the front grill and get detailed pics of the piping. It will be a few days because of work...but I will get you the pics.
    That is really nice of you, props!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a lot rough edges, but I try Click here to enlarge thanks Sticky

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I have a lot rough edges, but I try
    Heh, same here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I upgraded from the vt-445 to the VT2-500 on my M3. When I installed the kit, I was impressed with the piping and all the bends/welds/angles to make it fit into tight areas. I figured the Z4M was the same, but it sounds like it's different or is it just the ECU? My kit is also pulling timing at the top, hopefully that will change with the cooler weather coming, as you mentioned.
    I live 1.5 hours from Tahoe, good luck with your purchase/move if that's what you decide to do, it's great up there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

yeh its a completely different routing in the Z4m... as its even tighter :-(... ecu is also a big hurdle.. but once its cracked, the car behaves better than it ever did stock. my VT-1 pulls no timing at all on euro genuine 99octane fuel, plus its cost here 80% of the time.. perfect really for this kit.

fr8t, any news on those pics for me bro?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We only have 91 octane here, so timing gets pulled. It'd be nice if we had 93 octane.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

yeh its a completely different routing in the Z4m... as its even tighter :-(... ecu is also a big hurdle.. but once its cracked, the car behaves better than it ever did stock. my VT-1 pulls no timing at all on euro genuine 99octane fuel, plus its cost here 80% of the time.. perfect really for this kit.

That was meant to read cold instead of cost ...... Tapatalk doesnt allow editing :-(

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Robbie..... Vt1 on 98 octane is unbelievable....just power right up till 7900!! In a quite a light car it really moves well!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's awesome, with both kits I had timing being pulled up top. I'm hoping to dyno again on Friday, I have a mixture of 100 and 91 octane to make 94 octane. I don't want to leave anything on the table and see what this kit is capable of doing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Bump for pics.

He's probably just busy, fr8dog is a good guy, he will get back to you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Robbie...... Imo to see the best from these kits they need high octane fuel... I dont no how true this is but ive heard ess now have a handheld unit which customers can buy, this will allow us to data log, the unit can hold 10maps.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Robbie...... Imo to see the best from these kits they need high octane fuel... I dont no how true this is but ive heard ess now have a handheld unit which customers can buy, this will allow us to data log, the unit can hold 10maps.
    Interesting, so ESS is trying to do a flash loader now? Haven't seen anything on this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi Beedub,

sorry I haven't sent pics yet. I'm on the other side of the planet flying a 2 week trip. I will try and get you some pics on Nov 7th...promiseClick here to enlarge I will also post some detailed video of the piping as well. Hi Robbieracer, just put a bid in for my Incline Village, Tahoe lot this week...we shall seeClick here to enlarge I think you will like the 50F temp performance!! I took my car out on a 45F temp morning with MS109 race fuel and I almost lost control of my car in 2ndClick here to enlarge and that was with 285 drag radials. I have a different pulley that is boosting about 9 psi and on ms 109 it is a scary difference. I will get some euro spec headers and do a race fuel dyno on a cold morning soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see close to 480-500whp. All I can say is there is a huge difference between 91 octane/95F temp at 7psi and 45f temps at 9psi on ms 109.....F'n night and day man!. This summer my vt2 was pulling timing big time up top. When I used ms109 i noticed that the revs were much stronger to redline even with the heat. Superchargers definitely like the cold weather though. When I move to Lake Tahoe and if decide to keep my M I will just order race fuel and mix. Cheers guys!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Bump for pics.

He's probably just busy, fr8dog is a good guy, he will get back to you.
    THanks sticky

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, 480 - 500 whp is very impressive. I just installed headers and with the 94 gas and she's running good. I do notice more power in the morning at 50 degree than after work when it's 80 degrees. I planned to dyno today, but the owner went to SEMA, so I'll have to wait a little longer. I just installed headers and 400 cats in sect 1, so I'm really interested to see what this will put out. Good luck with the Incline village lot, that's a great area!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12