Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 45 of 45
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Points
    1,872.4
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    This is first of 5 front wheel drive cars. Which will share platforms with Mini, so they are rebadged Mini's. Toyota has been rebadging cars for ever, look where that got them. Building boring ass cars.

    BMW is now the German Toyota. Especially when with their new plans for a shared platform on their car side. The next generation 5-series will be the first car built on the 35up platform. Meaning everything from the 3-series and 5-series will be based on a shared super platform.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,233
    Rep Points
    31,322.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge
    benz makes everything from the b-class to an sls...why not bmw?
    Because BMW is BMW. Or BMW was BMW.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge
    like it or not, bmw probably needed this car for future development funds to continue to build M card (not Msport)
    This is such a cop out. They aren't using this money to build more M cars they are just padding the bottom line.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    295
    Rep Points
    305.4
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Problem is BMW doesn't have a halo car like the R8 or SLS and no the weaksauce i8 doesn't count.
    Neither Benz nor Audi had halo cars either when the B-class / A1 were originally produced.
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]


  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    295
    Rep Points
    305.4
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Because BMW is BMW. Or BMW was BMW.



    This is such a cop out. They aren't using this money to build more M cars they are just padding the bottom line.

    I guess without knowing the companies full financials, it's all speculation. I'm pretty sure BMW operates like any other company; some revenue generated typically go towards future development of the product line. It's no secret, and BMW isn't an exception.
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]


  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,233
    Rep Points
    31,322.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge
    I guess without knowing the companies full financials, it's all speculation. I'm pretty sure BMW operates like any other company; some revenue generated typically go towards future development of the product line. It's no secret, and BMW isn't an exception.
    So BMW somehow made M cars before this?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Points
    1,872.4
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge
    I guess without knowing the companies full financials, it's all speculation. I'm pretty sure BMW operates like any other company; some revenue generated typically go towards future development of the product line. It's no secret, and BMW isn't an exception.
    Revenue is going to pad the bottom line of the "i" program. They have invested an insane amount of money in that program, for it to only be low volume.

    This revenue will not be going towards future performance cars. LOL

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    295
    Rep Points
    305.4
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So BMW somehow made M cars before this?
    times are changing, the euro market isn't at its finest; adapt or die. I think BMW made a wise choice for survival, they are in it for profits and this is probably one of the nicest looking vehicle in it's class. Do I like what BMW has turned into? of course not, I would like to continue to believe that BMW is a niche market that it once was, even more so with the M-brand, but we all know the reality is that it's turning into a mainstream luxury brand company just like Audi, Mercedes, Infiniti (think QX30), Lexus (CT200h or even the less successful C250h). That won't stop me from purchasing a newer BMW though.
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]


  8. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    295
    Rep Points
    305.4
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Revenue is going to pad the bottom line of the "i" program. They have invested an insane amount of money in that program, for it to only be low volume.

    This revenue will not be going towards future performance cars. LOL
    If you don't have a 3 series or a 5 series, or any type of mainstream foundational product line for the M-division to start modifying, there won't be any M-cars right?
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]


  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,233
    Rep Points
    31,322.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge
    times are changing, the euro market isn't at its finest; adapt or die. I think BMW made a wise choice for survival, they are in it for profits and this is probably one of the nicest looking vehicle in it's class. Do I like what BMW has turned into? of course not, I would like to continue to believe that BMW is a niche market that it once was, even more so with the M-brand, but we all know the reality is that it's turning into a mainstream luxury brand company just like Audi, Mercedes, Infiniti (think QX30), Lexus (CT200h or even the less successful C250h). That won't stop me from purchasing a newer BMW though.
    When was BMW's survival in danger?

    Mercedes said the sales race is meaningless yet they won it by building better cars.

    Ferrari's profits are up by maintaining exclusivity not just increasing sales figures.

    BMW is now building disposable cars. 80% of their sales are from leases. They just want to get as many new buyers in as possible. They don't give a damn what product it is they are getting. What's next exactly? Can they go any cheaper than this?

    The brand image has taken a hit and there is no going back. They have turned off enthusiasts. They lock us out of the cars we want to modify. Seriously, $#@! this company I'm done with it. They don't have any pride in their products any longer.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,233
    Rep Points
    31,322.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge
    If you don't have a 3 series or a 5 series, or any type of mainstream foundational product line for the M-division to start modifying, there won't be any M-cars right?
    What the hell does a rebadged Mini have to do with M anything?

    BMW is SITTING on cars that should have M variants. If you're telling me this will lead to more M variants where the hell are they?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Points
    1,872.4
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    BMW is now building disposable cars. 80% of their sales are from leases. They just want to get as many new buyers in as possible. They don't give a damn what product it is they are getting. What's next exactly? Can they go any cheaper than this?
    Exactly. I said this for years.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The brand image has taken a hit and there is no going back. They have turned off enthusiasts. They lock us out of the cars we want to modify. Seriously, $#@! this company I'm done with it. They don't have any pride in their products any longer.
    It won't be an immediate hit, but the brand image will take a big hit. It has happened before to other makes. Try to go too mainstream, next generation of car buyers will have a completely different perspective of the brand.

    So funny to read that BMW is going to be doing platform sharing a la GM and Toyota.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,233
    Rep Points
    31,322.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    I just don't understand why they couldn't leave this to Mini. They could have maintained credibility and their 'We only make one thing' BS.

    Mini does a pretty damn good job at what they do.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #38
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    53
    Rep Points
    22.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge
    I must say....whatever its supposed to be...its styled pretty nicely...that interior and that stitched vinyl is a class above an x3 or even a f30. would I buy it? no, but I as far as design wise, its stylish without being akward in proportions. Does it fit the bmw culture? probably not.
    This is probably how the i3 should have looked instead.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,233
    Rep Points
    31,322.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmwsport Click here to enlarge
    This is probably how the i3 should have looked instead.
    The i3 is better looking than this.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    974
    Rep Points
    442.4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge
    benz makes everything from the b-class to an sls...why not bmw?
    audi makes everything from an a1 to an r8....why not bmw?

    like it or not, bmw probably needed this car for future development funds to continue to build M card (not Msport)

    also Chevy does everything from Daewoo to Corvette...
    BMW and Mercedes Benz are not the same company...also MB seems much less insistent on foisting its FWD monstrosities on us over in the US than BMW seems to based on what we've heard from the management. I don't have a problem with them trying to make money...but it is disappointing that they couldn't stay RWD.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    28
    Rep Points
    56.6
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    295
    Rep Points
    305.4
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
    BMW and Mercedes Benz are not the same company...also MB seems much less insistent on foisting its FWD monstrosities on us over in the US than BMW seems to based on what we've heard from the management. I don't have a problem with them trying to make money...but it is disappointing that they couldn't stay RWD.
    thats true....one actually makes a real supercar, even one thats fully electric in power.
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]


  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    974
    Rep Points
    442.4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge
    thats true....one actually makes a real supercar, even one thats fully electric in power.
    Yeah I wish BMW would grab its balls and make a true M1 successor. I hope that's the plan for the i8 chassis...but at the same time I hope it's even more impressive than that. It's time for them to show the world that they still can make the best cars in the world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •