Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Syracuse NY area INPA / Flashing / Coding expert wanted

I will pay $100 for a session of learning, how to get my INPA to read data, flash new software, and code stuff.

I do have a fairly good understanding but can't seem to get my INPA to connect, So i want someone who has experience with the software to teach me all the cool stuff i can do.

One of my main things i want to do is disable the "cold start routine" and code injectors. This is not imperative to accomplish in the learning session but i need to learn some stuff first so i can figure it out.

Please do not reply and say "but the cold start is good".
    It is not good, and i don't want it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I think the cold start topic has been discussed before. It was said it is a must as the sensors aren't warmed up yet to read any values to run in closed loop modes that it would normally do. What is you main complaint with the cold startup?
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

what kind of error you get when you open INPA ? not being sarcastic but INPA is used to read and code injectors (its not real coding its just giving injector coefficient). coding can be done by NCS Expert and flashing through Winkfp.

I assume you have all files SP-daten, BMW standard tools and K+DCAN cable. follow the instructions on

Im not expert just sharing my experience Click here to enlarge another tip google "Making sense of INPA, EDIABAS, NCSExpert" and you will find more details

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Lol man, i have experience in NCS/INPA/ISID/KFP and spent about 4 year to to learn this on medium low level. you want to 100$ taught you that. It's just not possible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brusk Click here to enlarge
    I think the cold start topic has been discussed before. It was said it is a must as the sensors aren't warmed up yet to read any values to run in closed loop modes that it would normally do. What is you main complaint with the cold startup?
    Sensors warmed up yet? that doesn't make any sense.
    OK so every other car that has been manufactured up to 2006 hasn't had a problem. So BMW now uses sensors that need to warm up.
    WRONG.
    I'm really sick of people talking about stuff when they have no idea. just because you read something on the "inter-webs doesn't make it true!!!

My complaint is my car runs like $#@! in "cold start". not just mine, all of them.
    the Fuel pressure goes to 2800 PSI, it dumps raw fuel in the exhaust to heat up the cats faster to be more environmentally friendly.
    I don't care about the environment, i want my car to run nice and smooth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have seen every YT video that is related to coding, reading data, logging, ect... I know what they say.
    I know that INPA is used for coding injectors, i just replaced one and want to add the new values in.
    I also want to learn about NCS Expert, and learn how to set up Tuner Pro. I believe i'll ave to use Turner Pro to remove the cold start crap.
    I have a BT cable, and the BMW suite, having trouble getting them to talk with my car though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOL, i don't expect to become a pro from $100, i expect to have some with experience come to my house and spend 2 or 3 hours with me.
    I have a bunch of good beer, and a half way warm garage.
    I'm not asking for miracles.
    When i go to the BMW dealer and the service manager can't answer my questions and they wont let me talk to any of the techs, that's a pain in the butt.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Damn, I used to live 2 blocks off South Salina Street down in the Valley up until like 2 years ago. Wish I could help you out. I'll be up to visit in a couple months. I'll have my laptop and INPA cable if you don't have anyone to show you by then. Either way, we should meet up!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by herffstyle Click here to enlarge
    Sensors warmed up yet? that doesn't make any sense.
    OK so every other car that has been manufactured up to 2006 hasn't had a problem. So BMW now uses sensors that need to warm up.
    WRONG.
    I'm really sick of people talking about stuff when they have no idea. just because you read something on the "inter-webs doesn't make it true!!!

My complaint is my car runs like $#@! in "cold start". not just mine, all of them.
    the Fuel pressure goes to 2800 PSI, it dumps raw fuel in the exhaust to heat up the cats faster to be more environmentally friendly.
    I don't care about the environment, i want my car to run nice and smooth.
    Not normally a dick on forums but have you read anything on how the N54 or newer BMW's actually operate? Wideband O2 sensors ( you know the fancy things expensive AFR gauges and Dynos use) are used by the factory ECU/DME to ready AFR's. The factory DME targets AFR's not pulse width's like the archaric systems did before it. So when the Wideband O2 sensors are unable to reliably transmit data, the DME relies on preset values to run until the sensors are warmed up enough to properly run. So you and your pre 2006 setups info can go F yourself. If you want your car to run smooth you get it up to temps as quick as you can where the sensors are reporting accurate reliable data where the BMW advanced DME that can monitor wideband o2 sensors, advanced knock sensors and every other safety feature that allows our engines to run from 300-550 HP with almost zero failures. Complain about your 30 seconds of running like crap all you want I'll take that anyday over older ECU setups.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Dude bt cable for bt software and can be used with Bimmerboost flash only Click here to enlarge You need k+dcan cable inpa compatible Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm a dick because i'm tired of people spilling crap on forums that is not true.
    When is the last time you installed a stand alone wide band in a car? I have, i had a vette that put down 450hp the wheels and i used a wide band to tune it. I don't remember the brand name off the top of my head, but it always worked, didn't have to be hot.
    I don't know who is spewing this nonsense that is filling everybody's head with crap? but it makes me tired.

Do you believe BMW when they say you have to replace an entire bank with the new injectors?
    That my friend is a lie too, think about it. first they said you have to replace all of them, then they said OK just replace the bank where the bad one was.
    but the reality is just replace the one that's bad. if there was at least a software update to run the new injectors then ok, maybe there are different. But no they are electrically the same.
    My point is, stop believing everything that people say. half the people on forums don't even have what they are talking about, they just repeat what they believe to be true. Have you ever played the Telephone game?

Now go talk to someone that has an M3, M5 or M6, lots of them hate the cold cycle, and several of them have figured out how to disable it.