Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hmm...SOME NEW INFORMATION! There's a 2007 m5 for sale...might try to do a trade up with my 535i...hmm...would be nice to have that! Click here to enlarge I'll let you know how it turns out

What do you think would be a good offer with my trade in? My car has like approx 18k miles this 2007 m5 has 48k miles...lmk what you think

DAMN....SO torn...now that I'm actually looking at car...I want a 2008 M5...I don't know the difference between a 2007 and 2008 M5...hmm
    Last edited by hworang00; 10-18-2010 at 02:54 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    Hmm...SOME NEW INFORMATION! There's a 2007 m5 for sale...might try to do a trade up with my 535i...hmm...would be nice to have that! Click here to enlarge I'll let you know how it turns out

What do you think would be a good offer with my trade in? My car has like approx 18k miles this 2007 m5 has 48k miles...lmk what you think
    Heh, well, you can get your 535i pretty close to the M5 performance wise but obviously it won't offer the driving experience. I don't know if you care about gas mileage but the hit will be huge.

The M5 is also soon to be replaced, not sure if that matters to you. The M5 is a way better car in all respects, but you have to figure out what you are looking for from your vehicle to see if the move makes sense.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Meh, how extreme does my work have to be to actually get to M5 performance though? I think it would be pretty extreme. I don't know, there is a 2009 Silver M5 used at the dealership that my family and I usually buy my cars from. My dad has some pull there because he bought the first 760 of the area from there. I think I might be able to swing a good deal and be able to figure stuff out. But I don't know...I would LOVE to have a 2009 M5...It would simply be amazing. I mean...I understand every car has it's limits...I'm happy with my 535i, but at the same time, imagining myself driving an M5 brings this devilish grin on my face. With the JB3 and the exhaust on the M5 as opposed to the 535i...it would be an insane difference. Well I'm going to call around tomorrow and see what I can figure out. I'll fill everyone in once some substantial news comes around...

Hahaha seems like I'm always editing my posts...

But I read some reviews just now of the 2009 M5 and everyone says that the handling is subpar on it. Hmm...the 2007 looks more and more enticing as I read the different reviews and stuff...but dang...I got used to my LED lighting...and I gotta buy new units if I want those lights in my car...headlights are like 1200 a piece....ouch....sigh...........
    Last edited by hworang00; 10-18-2010 at 03:11 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With the JB3 and the exhaust on the M5 as opposed to the 535i...it would be an insane difference
    That is the thing, it wouldn't be. The M5 is a naturally aspirated motor and fully modded with bolt on's will put out only a bit more power than the 535i. There is no JB3 for an M5.

An M5 is a much better car in all respects, but if your intention is tuning, the S85 is far more expensive to tune for far smaller gains. You are looking at about ~460 whp for a fully tuned M5 with headers on pump (this route will cost you $8-10k) vs. a full bolt on 535i in the low 400's or up to potentially mid if you run meth and race gas.

If you are looking for straight HP the M5 isn't the answer unless you just want it out of the box and to not mess around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    ...vs. a full bolt on 535i in the low 400's or up to potentially mid if you run meth and race gas.

If you are looking for straight HP the M5 isn't the answer unless you just want it out of the box and to not mess around.
    Hmm...I think I've come to this conclusion: If I can get a decent deal on that 2007 M5, I'll get it, if not...I'll keep the 535i and just tune it until I'm at that level you listed above. BTW how much (roughly) would one have to spend to get to the low 400's on a 535i?

PS: Damn Sticky...I'm loving your quick and awesome responses! You're pretty awesome dude...KUDOS!

PPS: Dang...I would really miss my LED lights on my car...I would have to buy the headlights and taillights for the 2008 to put it on the 2007 if I get it...lol...maybe? Man...
    Last edited by hworang00; 10-18-2010 at 03:21 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You're pretty awesome dude
    Truth spoken right here.

Hmm...I think I've come to this conclusion: If I can get a decent deal on that 2007 M5, I'll get it, if not...I'll keep the 535i and just tune it until I'm at that level you listed above. BTW how much (roughly) would one have to spend to get to the low 400's on a 535i?
    That makes sense, if you can get the M5, go for it. It is a better car all around. Just don't expect to have some huge HP tuning platform unless you boost it, which means a supercharger.

How much would one have to spend? Let's see, you need a JB3. You need a meth kit. You need downpipes. That should do the trick... so around $1200-$1500 depending on which parts you buy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I probably wouldn't run meth...I have NO idea what it takes to do that and how I would go about doing that...I guess if I learned about it I wouldn't mind it. I think one very big bonus/disadvantage of the M5 though is that it's about to be out of warranty...and well...it's expensive to fix anything but at the same time doing work on it, I wouldn't worry about BMW.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I probably wouldn't run meth...I have NO idea what it takes to do that and how I would go about doing that...I guess if I learned about it I wouldn't mind it. I think one very big bonus/disadvantage of the M5 though is that it's about to be out of warranty...and well...it's expensive to fix anything but at the same time doing work on it, I wouldn't worry about BMW.
    You have to pay to play.

You need to lay out your goals and what you want. You can also get an extended warranty on the M5.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, we'll see, I'm going to chat with the dealership about that M5 and we'll see what I can figure out...then I'll chat with you about my goals hahaha...Like I said previously...I'm completely new to the tuning scene. I hope to learn lots though...Sticky Sensei Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, we'll see, I'm going to chat with the dealership about that M5 and we'll see what I can figure out...then I'll chat with you about my goals hahaha...Like I said previously...I'm completely new to the tuning scene. I hope to learn lots though...Sticky Sensei Click here to enlarge
    I just like talking about tuning. Best way to learn is just to read and research like you are doing.

Let us know what you decide.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Will do man...will do
    Last edited by hworang00; 10-18-2010 at 04:25 AM.
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BTW what set should I get from the Burger Tuning site? The one with CAN tool or...? haha

Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BTW what set should I get from the Burger Tuning site? The one with CAN tool or...? haha
    Not sure what you are asking here?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yeah the M5 is a great car but the mpg on the V10 is crazy... its not even funny if you have an heavy foot. Best to wait for the V8 twin turbos which can tuned put down $#@! loads of power.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Meh I can't afford a new M5 lol, I'm a student and will hopefully be going to med school here in a year or two.

On the Burger website, they have different packages. I know you said I should get dual cone intakes but they have different packages that include things like CANtool, usb cables and all that crap...I understand I need the usb cable and the dual cone intake, but should I also get the CANtool? OH and I would love a boost gauge...any good looking ones?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    On the Burger website, they have different packages. I know you said I should get dual cone intakes but they have different packages that include things like CANtool, usb cables and all that crap...I understand I need the usb cable and the dual cone intake, but should I also get the CANtool? OH and I would love a boost gauge...any good looking ones
    It depends on if you want the Bavarian Technic tool or not.

This package can more than cover you for now, and you can add the BT tool later if you want to clear codes:

BMS JB Stage 3 PnP plus CAN Tool, Dual Cone Intake, and USB Cable Combo

Which you can add to car on the bottom of this page: BMS JB Stage 3 PnP plus CAN Tool, Dual Cone Intake, and USB Cable Combo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    shop around for intakes before you buy anything.

BMS is a good deal but I like my Injen DCI.

definitely get the data logging cable.
    the tool can wait. i bought one with the jb3 but I never used it and ended up selling it.

I can always get one later on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    BMS is a good deal but I like my Injen DCI.
    It's 95 bucks... going to be tough to find a much better deal. How much is the injen?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Got it...so basically if I were to get that package and the BT tool I would be paying about the same price as the V4 which can clear codes itself?

Sorry about the dumb questions haha

WOW the Injen DCI kit I found online is a cold air intake one and it's close to 400 bucks, haha am I going to see a huge difference between the BMS ones and the Injen one?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol

over $350 and i got a bit of a break on the price. pic is in my garage.

i just like it. it doesn't look all crammed in there

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

here

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I mean it looks bad ass, but...still...350 bucks! O_O haha...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Got it...so basically if I were to get that package and the BT tool I would be paying about the same price as the V4 which can clear codes itself?

Sorry about the dumb questions haha
    No, that's a good question.

This might help: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...0823#post20823

No, a JB3 + BT will run you $679 as you can see in the packages on the link I gave you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i buy what i want a resell it.

all I'm saying is just shop around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow i just spent a long time reading that link you gave. It's a great read haha, but yeah that clears up a lot of things for me. I don't want to chime in nor do I feel informed enough to chime in but my opinion is that customer's are always important and the truth is always the way to go. Being honest is the best way to do anything. I'm also debating the different intakes. I always heard great things about Injen, but the extra 200 bucks is kind of a swayer...but we'll see. Man...this forum is INSANE! This has been killing like...8 hours of my day today. haha love the different interesting posts and the great help here. I've posted previously on different forums about my old 2003 325Ci and the only things I got back were "Your cars not an M3, what do you want to tune it for?" or "Use the search fuction n000b /nerd rage". I really appreciate the different and helpful advice given by all parties involved. You guys are awesome.

Teebok

Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast