Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

FBO B8 S4 vs FBO E92 M3?

We've all seen GIAC's video of the Stage 2 S4 against a tuneless 6sp M3.
    How do you guys think that same cars would do against a FBO DCT M3 with a tune (ESS, Evolve, BPM, etc.)

Posted the same thing in the S65 forum. Very interested in this match up as I think both platforms are fantastic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

You only need one thread and this is the place to keep it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I think from a stock blower S4 with the S-Tronic the best we have seen is 118 traps. That's about the best a FBO M3 is going to do as well likely with an aggressive tune on race gas.

The dual clutch transmissions in both are important. The S4 ultimately can go to a bigger blower but then the M3 gets a supercharger and the game is over.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

pretty much a 335 vs m3
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    pretty much a 335 vs m3
    yes, but a 335i can trap over 120 on stock turbos with bolt ons lol.

I think it depends on the race. From a dig, id think the b8 s4 would hole shot the m3 and fend it off through the quarter mile. But from a roll, I would think the m3 would have the advantage.
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
    yes, but a 335i can trap over 120 on stock turbos with bolt ons lol.

I think it depends on the race. From a dig, id think the b8 s4 would hole shot the m3 and fend it off through the quarter mile. But from a roll, I would think the m3 would have the advantage.
    True, but the 335 needs racegas and meth to trap 120+
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

N54s are frankly pretty gutless on pump. You need tons of octane to get them moving…it is what it is.

Think from a roll the M3 would be in good shape, would be a good one to see. S65 guys what type of gains do you see from a tune on a FBO car?
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    S65 guys what type of gains do you see from a tune on a FBO car?
    It depends a bit on the gas and parts. You can get up to the ~400 range with an aggressive tune. The car should start in the 350 range.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It depends a bit on the gas and parts. You can get up to the ~400 range with an aggressive tune. The car should start in the 350 range.
    From a roll with the S65s powerband I gotta think it would do quite well. What am I missing here?
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

From a roll with the S65s powerband I gotta think it would do quite well. What am I missing here?
    You're not missing anything. You have it down.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

From a dig it should be game over. B8 should win. I raced a stock B8 with my stock DCT m3 from a dig. He would pull out 1-2 cars on me but I would catch him at about 80-90mph and pull a car or two.

especially on the street. From a roll it would be a good race.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sorry Sticky, thanks for moving it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rs97 Click here to enlarge
    Sorry Sticky, thanks for moving it.
    It was either move it or ban you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Has anyone heard anything lately about APR's Stage 3 blower for the B8?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rs97 Click here to enlarge
    Has anyone heard anything lately about APR's Stage 3 blower for the B8?
    It's doing really well on the RS4. Nothing else on the S4:

http://www.audiboost.com/content.php...ercharger-kits
    http://www.audiboost.com/content.php...harger-upgrade

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

zeel trapped 124 with e60, no meth, on street tires. so it isnt "pretty much 335i vs m3" lol. Never seen an e9x m3 trap 123+ with just bolt ons, tune , and race fuel. can they do that?

Think from a roll the M3 would be in good shape, would be a good one to see. S65 guys what type of gains do you see from a tune on a FBO car?
    Ill stick with my statement that from a dig, b8 s4. from a roll, e9x m3 lol.
    Last edited by Stucks; 02-13-2014 at 03:41 AM.
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Never seen an e9x m3 trap 123+ with just bolt ons, tune , and race fuel. can they do that?
    I was referring to the 335 is like the s4 in this statement vs the m3. Both are superior vs the m3 with simple bolt ons and tune. lol
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Never seen an e9x m3 trap 123+ with just bolt ons, tune , and race fuel. can they do that?
    No.