Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

jb4 2 step question

I know the 2 step relay is designed for a manual but would it work on an auto with a momentary switch hooked up to the clutch wire spot?

I'm assuming that the relay just needs a ground to active? Or is it disabled when the transmission is put in gear? And the relay retards timing? I

'm having trouble pushing through the brake with any more then 5psi on drag radials and it would be awesome to be able to build 12-14psi with out the power that comes with it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think you will be able to build 12-14psi of boost on the stock converter.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A 2 step doesn't really build any boost. Just gets the turbos spooled so there isn't a boost delay. The only way you would be able to achieve what you want is with a trans brake and i doubt those are plentiful seeing as there aren't many built trans options for these cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's not meant for use on automatics. Yet. Click here to enlarge

But if you just want to make the cool sounds and trash the car a bit technically it does work on automatics while in P or N. You just can't launch off it.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So it doesn't work in gear? Say setting it to 2200 and brake boosting?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, it has a "gear = 0" clause so it will only enable if out of gear.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Okay. Any time line for auto 2 steps?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    2 step in an auto is a bad idea. Basicly gonna beat the hell out of your torque converter for no good reason. You'll still get better results from brake boosting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm pushing through the brakes, brake boosting. I though the 2 step cut spark(read cut power) while still building boost, like an anti lag

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The problem is you still need more RPM's than what the converter will allow you to reach. On manual trans it would be set to like 4K.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What kind of 60' times are you running now? Most people I've heard still have traction issues when launching extremely hard.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Best I've done on the radials is a 1.85. Launching at 2200 with no boost. I went 1.79 on a set of 255 federals. If I try to leave on the radial like I did on the federals it pushes through the brake and I end up on the brake after it breaks the start beam

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pork198 Click here to enlarge
    Okay. Any time line for auto 2 steps?
    No set timeframe for it.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pork198 Click here to enlarge
    I'm pushing through the brakes, brake boosting. I though the 2 step cut spark(read cut power) while still building boost, like an anti lag
    A 2 step is just an additional lower rpm rev limiter. Try revving your car in park or neutral on limiter an watch your boost. It doesn't "build" boost. It will get the turbos spooled and reduce lag but will not yield any noticeable boost, maybe 1/2 to 1 lb. brake boosting or a transbrake are your only realistic options. Either that or a small shot if nitrious on launch.
    Ive owned a single turbo v8 mustang with an auto and know what your looking for and am speaking from experience. Transbrake for the win.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14491

Read the first post, and watch the video. The car holds at 6psi in park with no load on the motor. I understand the difference between a transbrake, anti lag, and a 2 step but if this "2 step" holds boost its more then just a rev limiter, right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but how would this relay be installed in an automatic? I just want to mess around and beat up my turbos before I upgrade.

thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is 2-step on this car bad for all cars or just AT cars?