Close

Page 13 of 112 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I've been spending a good deal of time looking over some route combination concepts (just of personal interest, not job related).

Want to see how tight the margins are on Sundays?

That should be an interception. It's an outright vert from the slot player, with a little out and up from Boldin. Boldin really sells it nicely and holds the safety for a split second.

From there poor technique from both corner and safety (mainly safety) seal this plays' fate. Burnett eyes the backfield too long, has an awful T-step coming out of his pedal, and then takes a poor angle to the play. A good coach could spend 30 minutes discussing the breakdown in technique here.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Can you discuss the breakdown in technique a little?

From my perspective it looks like Boldin made that play happen. Wouldn't you put safety help on Boldin versus Davis? I mean Hawk was on Davis the entire way, it was just a perfectly placed ball.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Can you discuss the breakdown in technique a little?

From my perspective it looks like Boldin made that play happen. Wouldn't you put safety help on Boldin versus Davis? I mean Hawk was on Davis the entire way, it was just a perfectly placed ball.
    Sure.

So several things going on here. You are right in that Boldin is critical to the play's success - he does a nice job feeling out that underneath zone exchange and causes stress at the mesh point of the two zones. You see the corner and safety both taking at least one false step as a result of his savvy. So absolutely credit to Boldin.

RE: the technique breakdown it's mainly on the safety. Honestly this play is a clinic on how not to play deep center field.

1. The safety eyes the backfield for too long. The 35-25 yard line is the kill zone when it comes to shot plays in the passing game down the seam, he needs to be smarter than that.
    2. Safety allows Boldin's route to influence his hips and eyes. He keys on it when that's not his main responsibility. Dealing with the vertical ball is the number one job of a safety in a deep shell, bottom line.
    3. As a result of being distracted by Boldin's route, he is hurried and sloppy when he breaks his pedal. This is what we call the T Step, when you plant and drive on a route from your backpedal. It needs to be a clean, one step motion. Pause it right as Kaep lets it fly (:03-4) and you'll see Burnett take a false plant step towards the sideline. That's what we call "stepping in the bucket", it's a wasted step and leaves him in a very tough spot. From that wide on the field, the only safeties I can think of who are going to have the range to potentially recover are Earl Thomas and Devin McCourty.
    4. He takes a very poor, and very wide angle to the play. At this point he has no chance.

And to top it all off, it's a beautiful throw as you noted. Were I calling the shots I would have wanted Burnett to shade closer towards Davis. At this point in their careers, he poses far more of a vertical threat than does Boldin.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Sure.

So several things going on here. You are right in that Boldin is critical to the play's success - he does a nice job feeling out that underneath zone exchange and causes stress at the mesh point of the two zones. You see the corner and safety both taking at least one false step as a result of his savvy. So absolutely credit to Boldin.

RE: the technique breakdown it's mainly on the safety. Honestly this play is a clinic on how not to play deep center field.

1. The safety eyes the backfield for too long. The 35-25 yard line is the kill zone when it comes to shot plays in the passing game down the seam, he needs to be smarter than that.
    2. Safety allows Boldin's route to influence his hips and eyes. He keys on it when that's not his main responsibility. Dealing with the vertical ball is the number one job of a safety in a deep shell, bottom line.
    3. As a result of being distracted by Boldin's route, he is hurried and sloppy when he breaks his pedal. This is what we call the T Step, when you plant and drive on a route from your backpedal. It needs to be a clean, one step motion. Pause it right as Kaep lets it fly (:03-4) and you'll see Burnett take a false plant step towards the sideline. That's what we call "stepping in the bucket", it's a wasted step and leaves him in a very tough spot. From that wide on the field, the only safeties I can think of who are going to have the range to potentially recover are Earl Thomas and Devin McCourty.
    4. He takes a very poor, and very wide angle to the play. At this point he has no chance.

And to top it all off, it's a beautiful throw as you noted. Were I calling the shots I would have wanted Burnett to shade closer towards Davis. At this point in their careers, he poses far more of a vertical threat than does Boldin.
    I can see it now that you break it down, but damn, I can't imagine having to do this for a living.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Talked to a buddy of mine this morning who knows the know Re: Aaron Dobson. Wanted to see if he'd be ready for camp when it opens in a week and change, response I got was "No chance, he just got out of the boot".

As a Pats fan that sucks. He's a HUGE part of what they want and need to do this year. If he misses the first 2 weeks of camp, that sets his career back. Not just this season. Cannot overstate how critical it is to be on the practice field for young players.

@Torgus I figured this would be of interest to you. I trust the source 100%. It'll be Thompkins manning the X when camp opens.
    This is not good news. You know better than I do how complicated the offensive plays are on the pats and the silly number of variations. I know he'll be at camp but he really needs to be running those plays...

Potentially should still be a good season if everyone can heal the F up and start to contribute. I've been ignoring the NFL since the superbowl but how are the rest of the injured players healing up? Gronk, Wilfork, Mayo, etc.
    E92 Bren Tune
    E91 Stock
    E90 PTF Tune

Mod lists are for the weak.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    And by the way, I had to continually re-watch the same footage numerous times to see what you see :p

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I can see it now that you break it down, but damn, I can't imagine having to do this for a living.
    That's why I leave the coaching to the coaches. They work absolutely obscene hours. I've been fortunate to pick up a little bit along the way.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    This is not good news. You know better than I do how complicated the offensive plays are on the pats and the silly number of variations. I know he'll be at camp but he really needs to be running those plays...

Potentially should still be a good season if everyone can heal the F up and start to contribute. I've been ignoring the NFL since the superbowl but how are the rest of the injured players healing up? Gronk, Wilfork, Mayo, etc.
    Yea it's not good. Talented kid who played fairly well as a rookie, so I really hope this doesn't set him back too far. I fear it will.

I haven't asked around but the sense I get is this

Mayo - Will be ready to go. No concerns there. That should be a sick starting 'backer group this year (Mayo, Hightower, Collins)

Gronk - Only news i've heard is good news, no setbacks or restrictions. Several weeks ago he was running and planting pretty decisively. I'd be surprised if he wasn't ready to roll week 1.

Wilfork - Again, think he'll be ready to go week 1 or early in the season. He was moving very well at OTAs for whatever that's worth. Tough injury to come back from for a man of that size but he is a truly rare athlete for a tackle.

Let's not forget Vereen either with his wrist issue from last year. I have believed and continue to believe that ideally, NEs offense runs through the "joker" position that Hernandez used to man. Vereen can play that role - provided he stays on the field.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Thompkins had flashes last year. Is Brady going to to use him for more than a deep ball occasionally? He certainly didn't exactly light it up with receptions each game and was taken out of the starting lineup.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Thompkins had flashes last year. Is Brady going to to use him for more than a deep ball occasionally? He certainly didn't exactly light it up with receptions each game and was taken out of the starting lineup.
    I have mixed feeling on Thompkins. Think I had a roughly 5th round grade on him coming out...Interesting cat. Came from a really rough neighborhood, tough family situation growing up and got arrested literally dozens of times in highschool. Bounced around colleges, never much production. But a good kid, extremely motivated and tough.

He runs well enough, has a decent frame and good arm length, good leaper and outstanding feet. An appreciably less sure handed Chad Johnson, perhaps. He doesn't catch the ball well and spends way too much time on the ground, has a nasty habit of leaving his feet (kiss of death) when he shouldn't.

So I like his game. But if that's what NE has to rely on this season for an outside the hashes presence, they'll struggle in that regard. I'm convinced they need Dobson if a Superbowl is what they have in mind.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I got caught up in the hype on him last year. I saw some flashes but he certainly didn't alleviate the loss of Welker in the passing game.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I got caught up in the hype on him last year. I saw some flashes but he certainly didn't alleviate the loss of Welker in the passing game.
    They did just fine without Welker, that was hardly the issue. Different roles in the offense - in my mind Edelman right now is the superior player to Welker. Welker is a declining talent and I absolutely love his game, not hating at all.

But ya the fact that Thompkins caught like 10 balls after October....not good. They need that outside height and without Dobson, it's not on the roster. Brandon Lafell has some nice size but he's robotronic stiff. I really think that makes or breaks their season, they have to be able to win outside one on one.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

The Saints are $#@!ing loaded
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Between Mo Claiborn, Brandon Carr, and Orlando Scandrick - the Cowboys have more real dollars tied up in their secondary than any other team in the league this year.

Does anyone on planet earth think that's the best secondary in football? Hell, that's probably not the best secondary in their division.

What putrid cap management in Valley Ranch.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

hearing from several amigos that Sammy Watkins is absolutely blowing the lid off things up in Buffalo. I mean just wowing their entire building - classroom, weight room, practice field, you name it. It's been a grand total of 1 day of camp but still, worth noting.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

are we going to do a Bimmerboost FF league?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I'm down. Can't lie though i'm too lazy to organize it, we'd need a commissioner.

Funny thing is I suck at fantasy football. Won it last year but have no idea how, I'm usually awful at it. Players who are not good at football are dominant in fantasy, and vice versa. IDK.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

hearing from several amigos that Sammy Watkins is absolutely blowing the lid off things up in Buffalo. I mean just wowing their entire building - classroom, weight room, practice field, you name it. It's been a grand total of 1 day of camp but still, worth noting.
    Welp and now I get a text message "Sammy's down so that was fun while it lasted"

No idea what the injury is.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Welp and now I get a text message "Sammy's down so that was fun while it lasted"

No idea what the injury is.
    More details when you get them, please!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

More details when you get them, please!
    He's cool

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ights-practice

Sounds like he absolutely tore it up today. He could be the rare truly outstanding X who is not also ginormously tall. He moves and snatches the ball so effortlessly it's just a pleasure to watch.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    are we going to do a Bimmerboost FF league?
    Of course but it will be a more expensive pool this time around. $50 minimum buy in maybe more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Of course but it will be a more expensive pool this time around. $50 minimum buy in maybe more.
    I like your style

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Apparently Tebow is trying to come back... I wish him luck.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

What do you think of the Jamaal Charles deal?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Apparently Tebow is trying to come back... I wish him luck.
    Lol. Not happenin.
    What do you think of the Jamaal Charles deal?
    I'm not a finance guy (happy to ask them though) but my initial take is this. It's really just an addtl. $5mm in guaranteed cash over two years. Then all parties can take a step back and re-evaluate. Seems fair for a pretty special 'back but you always worry about the speed guys when the wheels start to fall off - it's usually a swift an unrelenting decline (see Johnson, Chris).

PS Marshawn is out of his gord if he thinks Schneider will give him a "new" deal in that sense of the term. They just re-upped him two years ago and are loaded at running back behind him. 28 YO power backs with that type of wear don't get new years tacked on, not to mention the awful precedent that would set for the rest of the team.

SEA is just too deep to appease vets who want new, big money contracts. I'd be shocked if they added a penny of new money to his deal.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Marshawn is about Marshawn and wants more money. They did pay him so I don't know what he is thinking.

He's my favorite back but I mean he's going to start his decline any time now.

Page 13 of 112 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast