Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This is why no one likes cops

Crap like this at least contributes.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...8011.html?vp=1

Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck while treating injured crash victim.

Video in the link.
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah saw that. Cops always have to assert themselves:

Click here to enlarge

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Some cops are just complete dicks. Must suffer from little man syndrome.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm guessing that CHP officer's career is about done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As it should be. He should go find something else to do.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm guessing that CHP officer's career is about done.
    Actually it's not, the firefighter was in the wrong here. How do I know? It happened in the city I live in and some of the folks involved in the investigation are friends and former co-workers of mine. This media clip has some of the most piss poor reporting and fact finding I've ever seen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blitz535i Click here to enlarge
    Actually it's not, the firefighter was in the wrong here. How do I know? It happened in the city I live in and some of the folks involved in the investigation are friends and former co-workers of mine. This media clip has some of the most piss poor reporting and fact finding I've ever seen.
    Well tell us what happened.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    Some cops are just complete dicks. Must suffer from little man syndrome.
    I was thinking the same thing.

There is no way to spin this positively for the cop. He arrested a firefighter for not moving a truck which was being used to protect the crash site. Then the cop lets the firefighter go at the scene and no charges are pressed. Go ahead and explain it to us. This ought to be good.
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Well tell us what happened.
    You know, I wouldn't mind telling everyone what I know, but I don't have the energy to debate everyone on this forum when this turns into a pissing match. Think of how frustrated you get when you're trying to have a debate about the S65 versus the S54 and the person arguing with you just doesn't get it...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Think of how frustrated you get when you're trying to have a debate about the S65 versus the S54 and the person arguing with you just doesn't get it...
    I don't exactly get frustrated I just keep going until they either get it or they turn off the computer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You know, I wouldn't mind telling everyone what I know, but I don't have the energy to debate everyone on this forum when this turns into a pissing match. Think of how frustrated you get when you're trying to have a debate about the S65 versus the S54 and the person arguing with you just doesn't get it...
    So why open your mouth about people being wrong if you aren't going to speak the truth!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I don't exactly get frustrated I just keep going until they either get it or they turn off the computer.
    I have experienced this firsthand.

<3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I take it from the clip that multiple emergency vehicles were asked to move but this one guy decided he wanted to speak to the officer's boss . I think this was a collaboration of attitudes on this crash scene . both parties went a little overboard on this . it's not like the officer pulled the firefighter away while he was pulling the crash victim from the car . seems like all the other emergency vehicle drivers understood what the officer was asking .

pretty sure they will all kiss and make up in the end .

problem solved....case closed .
    Click here to enlarge

TIME TO MOVE ON !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ Click here to enlarge
    I take it from the clip that multiple emergency vehicles were asked to move but this one guy decided he wanted to speak to the officer's boss . I think this was a collaboration of attitudes on this crash scene . both parties went a little overboard on this . it's not like the officer pulled the firefighter away while he was pulling the crash victim from the car . seems like all the other emergency vehicle drivers understood what the officer was asking .

pretty sure they will all kiss and make up in the end .

problem solved....case closed .
    Honestly it should have never gotten to that level. I have no doubt both played a role but the cop ultimately flexed his authority instead of diffusing the tension/situation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    First off everyone needs to understand that the CHP (California Highway Patrol) becomes the Incident Commander as soon as they get on the scene of a freeway crash. Doesn't matter if the Los Angeles Police Department or the Orange County Sheriff got there first...once the CHP shows up they are in charge of the scene...what they say goes...PERIOD.

This accident happened on the 805 Northbound Freeway in the city of Chula Vista (San Diego). It was put out as a "major accident" so several different engine companies responded. Some of the firefighters (and fire trucks) responded via the NORTHBOUND lanes of the 805 freeway. When the got to the accident, they used their trucks to block the accident scene and protect all the emergency workers and accident victims from the northbound traffic. This is protocol and how it should be done.

Three fire trucks also responded via the SOUTHBOUND lanes of the 805 freeway. No problem with this, as the first two fire trucks pulled their rigs onto the center divider, hopped over the divider and began to render aid. The third fire truck, for reasons nobody knows, pulled up and parked immediately in the center of the #1 lane of traffic...completely blocking the lane and all southbound traffic in that lane.

"Lookey-loo" traffic is always an issue at an accident scene, now you add a full size fire truck parked in the center of the #1 lane of travel (at night) and you have a serious hazard to southbound traffic. One of the CHP officers saw this and he told the firefighter to move his truck out of the #1 lane and onto the shoulder so it wouldn't be obstructing traffic. The firefighter refused, was asked again, refused again, and was finally "told" to move his truck or he'd be arrested for violating the lawful order the CHP officer gave him (and yes, it was a lawful order).

The rest is history and we know how this ended. Remember I said that the CHP was the Incident Commander at a traffic collision on the freeway? That also means they take responsibility for the CARE of that scene, which means they will ultimately get sued if they allow that scene to be mismanaged to such a degree that another member of the "motoring public" gets injured because of their negligence or neglect to sterilize that scene.

If the firefighter had taken just a couple seconds to move his rig, this entire incident never would have happened. Maybe the CHP officer should have said "Pretty Please" when he asked the fireman to move his rig. Whatever, we all know cops and firefighters have egos, and they both think they are superior to each other and do a more important job than the other. They are both professionals and this never should have happened. Ultimately though, if a southbound vehicle slammed into that fire truck, the fire department and the CHP would both be liable, and be sued. That explains the officer's haste in wanting to move that truck out of the #1 lane.

The news coverage of this event (at least the clip that was linked) was missing lots of the pertinent facts. I'm sure if some of you knew that this firefighter's rig was parked blocking the SOUTHBOUND #1 lane and the accident was actually on the NORTHBOUND side of the freeway, this CHP officer's actions would have probably made sense.

I'm told the Captain of the fire house (whose truck was parked blocking traffic) called the CHP commissioner in Sacramento and apologized for his fireman's poor judgment and refusal to move the vehicle when directed to...and they would correct this with more training at his fire house.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Honestly it should have never gotten to that level. I have no doubt both played a role but the cop ultimately flexed his authority instead of diffusing the tension/situation.
    You are absolutely right, it NEVER should have gotten to this situation. But let me ask you something...
    When this cop is standing there "negotiating" with the fireman to move his truck, and your mom, or sister, or girlfriend slams into the back of the fire truck and gets killed...do you still want that cop to diffuse the situation or take some action so nobody gets killed or injured?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't know why but that just feels like so much to read right now.

Regardless, I don't doubt your take on the situation. I still don't think 'what a CHP officer says go' is the right attitude for a CHP officer to have though. Then again I just don't respond well to authority in general.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I don't know why but that just feels like so much to read right now.
    Well then I'm sorry I took 30 minutes out of my day to try and educate some of you folks who jump to conclusions so quickly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You are absolutely right, it NEVER should have gotten to this situation. But let me ask you something...
    When this cop is standing there "negotiating" with the fireman to move his truck, and your mom, or sister, or girlfriend slams into the back of the fire truck and gets killed...do you still want that cop to diffuse the situation or take some action so nobody gets killed or injured?
    We can't play what if's as justification as then there is almost any action an officer can take and use the 'well in the interest of safety' excuse.

I had to search that car as what if he had drugs/firearms?

I had to break that door down because I thought there was a bomb.

I had to impound that car because I thought __________.

Obviously I would prefer action that prevent unnecessary death but ultimately I prefer a little dangerous liberty to an overzealous police force.

Regardless, I do see your point. I just prefer to stay as far as from cops as possible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well then I'm sorry I took 30 minutes out of my day to try and educate some of you folks who jump to conclusions so quickly.
    I appreciate your post don't get me wrong I'm just tired. I didn't want you to think I was ignoring it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We can't play what if's as justification as then there is almost any action an officer can take and use the 'well in the interest of safety' excuse.
    We're not playing WHAT IF...not even close. There's a multi ton vehicle parked blocking the fast lane of travel on a major freeway. Perhaps you'd like to be the one cruising along in your M3 (once the DCT is fixed) and plow into that vehicle going 70-80 MPH.

Oh, and when the officer doesn't assert his authority and a member of the public gets hurt or killed due to the negligence of that fireman, YOU will be the first to crucify that cop for not doing his job when the news media reports that the CHP should have done its job and taken care of the scene...won't you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I would guess that the officer had already parked his vehicle in a spot to block traffic and then asked the firefighter to move . like I said before , all the other emergency vehicles understood .

the problem is the media and their spin they put on things . I believe that if the media was not covering major shootings and other crazy events , there would be fewer copycat crime sprees . you get one crazy idiot watching another crazy idiots actions on tv and it just gives him an idea .
    Click here to enlarge

TIME TO MOVE ON !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We're not playing WHAT IF...not even close. There's a multi ton vehicle parked blocking the fast lane of travel on a major freeway. Perhaps you'd like to be the one cruising along in your M3 (once the DCT is fixed) and plow into that vehicle going 70-80 MPH.

Oh, and when the officer doesn't assert his authority and a member of the public gets hurt or killed due to the negligence of that fireman, YOU will be the first to crucify that cop for not doing his job when the news media reports that the CHP should have done its job and taken care of the scene...won't you?
    That's a what if scenario. What if nothing happens? And the officer doesn't try to assert his authority? And everyone goes home happy?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ Click here to enlarge
    the problem is the media and their spin they put on things
    They got this one totally wrong. There wouldn't be such a "bad cop" uproar over this if the media had put out that this fire truck was blocking southbound traffic for a collision on the northbound side of the freeway. I'd dare say people might have even APPRECIATED the fact that this officer was trying to move a fire truck out of the middle of the fast lane.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They got this one totally wrong. There wouldn't be such a "bad cop" uproar over this if the media had put out that this fire truck was blocking southbound traffic for a collision on the northbound side of the freeway. I'd dare say people might have even APPRECIATED the fact that this officer was trying to move a fire truck out of the middle of the fast lane.
    10-4 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

TIME TO MOVE ON !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast