Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

9 out of 9 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    We are a Supporting Vendor here now, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask/pm me Click here to enlarge
    - MFactory Competition Products
    -- technik.teamMFactory.com --

Got Questions? Read our Limited-slip Differential FAQ: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...fferential-FAQ

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MFactory Click here to enlarge
    We are a Supporting Vendor here now, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask/pm me Click here to enlarge
    Welcome.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Since I'm local to you. Do you guys do installation on differentials as well? I'm going to have a single turbo setup very soon and will need the LSD.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    what would be the price for for Complete Final Drive Differential ready to swap for 07 335 (Large diff with bolts)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Since I'm local to you. Do you guys do installation on differentials as well? I'm going to have a single turbo setup very soon and will need the LSD.
    Our facility is not currently setup to do the rear end rebuilds, but we are purchasing new tools etc so we can start offering this service within the next month or so.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Oilphase Click here to enlarge
    what would be the price for for Complete Final Drive Differential ready to swap for 07 335 (Large diff with bolts)
    As you have the bolted large diff, we already have an LSD suitable for your application (MF-TRS-05E92) and is a direct swap for your oem differential. The LSD unit is $999.95 (20% discount on group of 5). For install, as mentioned above, will be around a month or so before we start offering our rebuild service, but if you have a local shop who can do the install, this may be more suitable for you.

Got Questions? Read our Limited-slip Differential FAQ: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...fferential-FAQ

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Our facility is not currently setup to do the rear end rebuilds, but we are purchasing new tools etc so we can start offering this service within the next month or so.
    I can wait Click here to enlarge.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    After my single turbo install I feel like this will be the very next mod Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by camberadam Click here to enlarge
    sorry but that is incorrect. this should clear up everything.
    *link removed so I could actually quote this*Click here to enlarge

and this shows whats involved & why its so expensive to add lsd to bolted cars.
    *link removed*Click here to enlarge
    Sir....I believe you mis-spoke and meant to say "and this shows whats involved & why its so expensive to add lsd to welded cars."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THTF Click here to enlarge
    Sir....I believe you mis-spoke and meant to say "and this shows whats involved & why its so expensive to add lsd to welded cars."
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

There in lies the issue. I don't think replacing pinion and ring gear (plus bearings and labor) will be cheaper than drilling the carrier out. If it was ring gear only, then yeah, that makes sense but swapping the pinion changes the economics. You MUST swap the pinion if you swap the ring gear, so it will be interesting to see what final cost installed will be (with labor).

Will there be a swap system? What's the final all in pricing?

RE: Helicals vs CLSD it depends what you want. Typically the HLSD induces less understeer but they are limited to a fixed torque biasing ratio. If one wheel comes up or loses significant traction the differential goes open. This is an issue if you then make contact again with the pavement quickly, like in a wheel hop scenario. Those diffs are good for autox and the technical road course in my opinion. They also generate less heat and last longer in my experience.

The CLSD can be set up in 1, 1.5, or 2 way indicating how much deceleration lock up you want (2 being most and 1 being none) but there is always some preload which also can be set (75ftlbs or so is typical). There is no torque biasing, just different amounts of lock, so if you lose traction in a hop or something similar the differential will not go open. The downside to CLSD is that they understeer more (even a 1 way), wear out (need new clutches), and heat up (need a diff cooler). Considering most of the board takes their cars to the strip I would think a CLSD would be preferable since they lock regardless and won't be damaged as easily in a wheel hop scenario. For those of you who road race, it could be a toss up depending on whether or not you want the extra braking stability and whether or not you will be doing autox vs road course.

For just around town I'd probably take the helical based on maintenance and less supporting mods. My fun car has a 2 way CLSD though and when set up properly with he rest of the suspension they can be very good setups providing additional braking stability to an otherwise twitchier car so it really depends. BMW 335i is already pretty stable in braking and I wouldn't bother installing a diff cooler on this car, so ill go with helical when I do go.
    Last edited by rudypoochris; 02-17-2014 at 03:41 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    There in lies the issue. I don't think replacing pinion and ring gear (plus bearings and labor) will be cheaper than drilling the carrier out. If it was ring gear only, then yeah, that makes sense but swapping the pinion changes the economics. You MUST swap the pinion if you swap the ring gear, so it will be interesting to see what final cost installed will be (with labor).

Will there be a swap system? What's the final all in pricing?
    these are my thoughts as well. it seems the introduction of the intial product was a "deal", but when you add the extras needed for our cars, I dont see final pricing being that far off other solutions. if MF does an itemized BOM, it will help greatly in comparing to other brands.

i DO like the idea of MF inspecting/selling core units. Buy a complete diff & ship yours minimizing down time. Could swap a diff & be back rolling in a few hours.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The pricing for our current range/services:

LSD's (Helical & Plate) - $999.95
    Final Drives (Ring & Pinion) - $599.95
    Transmission Rebuild - $400

If you were to pay full MSRP on everything, this would cost you $2000 maximum. However, you would never do this i.e You would never purchase both our LSD and Final Drive "separately".

If you only wanted our LSD (i.e you have a bolted ring gear available), $999.95 (20% discount for Group of 5).

If you only wanted our Final Drive (i.e you are using someone else's LSD), $599.95

If you were DIY and wanted our LSD & Final Drive (which is required for the welded diff), then you would pay our "package" price, which would be a few hundred dollars cheaper.

If you were wanting us to rebuild your pumpkin for you, or on a core-exchange basis (refundable fee applies), this would end up being around $1500-1800 all in. I can't give a final price until we've figured out the costs of the new ring gear + pinion though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    1k minus 20% is an excellent price.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah it's good pricing.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The pricing for our current range/services:

LSD's (Helical & Plate) - $999.95
    Final Drives (Ring & Pinion) - $599.95
    Transmission Rebuild - $400

If you were to pay full MSRP on everything, this would cost you $2000 maximum. However, you would never do this i.e You would never purchase both our LSD and Final Drive "separately".

If you only wanted our LSD (i.e you have a bolted ring gear available), $999.95 (20% discount for Group of 5).

If you only wanted our Final Drive (i.e you are using someone else's LSD), $599.95

If you were DIY and wanted our LSD & Final Drive (which is required for the welded diff), then you would pay our "package" price, which would be a few hundred dollars cheaper.

If you were wanting us to rebuild your pumpkin for you, or on a core-exchange basis (refundable fee applies), this would end up being around $1500-1800 all in. I can't give a final price until we've figured out the costs of the new ring gear + pinion though.
    What if I drop my car off, say I want LSD with same stock final drive. LOL how much for that, and what time frame would you need. I want to try and get this before shift sector event. Labor and parts, cash Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    What if I drop my car off, say I want LSD with same stock final drive. LOL how much for that, and what time frame would you need. I want to try and get this before shift sector event. Labor and parts, cash Click here to enlarge
    Our facility doesn't have the equipment/room to work on vehicles unfortunately, only transmissions & rear-ends, so you would have to ship your pumpkin to us (to rebuild it, or as a core exchange)

If you have a welded differential, you cannot re-use your oem final drive (unless you were to machine the ring gear off)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Our facility doesn't have the equipment/room to work on vehicles unfortunately, only transmissions & rear-ends, so you would have to ship your pumpkin to us (to rebuild it, or as a core exchange)

If you have a welded differential, you cannot re-use your oem final drive (unless you were to machine the ring gear off)
    Okay, So I would have to pull out the rear diff and bring it to you guys. How much for that, parts and labor.

If I'm a welded diff, then what do I have to do? Would you guys still be able to install the LSD if I pulled the diff out.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We're still working on the costs, but if you look at my post above, this will give a good estimate Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

We're still working on the costs, but if you look at my post above, this will give a good estimate Click here to enlarge
    I have a 2008 535i and the production date is 09/07. Does it mean I have a welded differential? If so, do you offer LSD for the 535i people? How much? I'm shopping for LSD now and I have been looking at Quaife and Wavetrek etc.
    08 535i 6MT - JB4 G5 ISO - Luke performance flash - E40 & BMS 100% Meth - AR design catless DP - ETS 5" intercooler - BMS DCI - BMS OCC - ER chargepipe - HKS BOV - K-sport coilovers - UUC evo SSK - CDV deleted - ACS spoiler - Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I believe yours should be the same as the AT small bolted diff. Can anyone else confirm this?

If so, MSRP is $999.95, Group Buy Price is $799.95, and we also have an unused return item (has some surface rust damage) for $700. All inc free shipping for bimmerboost members.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anything available for an F30? I've heard the E9X and F30 are simalar if not the same.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So All autos are bolt diffs? a bit confused on this. I have read they have both welded and bolted ones. I have a February 08 build date 6AT 335i. Any idea what kind of diff I have?
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    anybody looking to start another list for MT bolted diffs again or is everyone waiting for some reviews?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jetbill Click here to enlarge
    Anything available for an F30? I've heard the E9X and F30 are simalar if not the same.
    We need someone to loan us their F30 pumpkin before we can develop this.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
    So All autos are bolt diffs? a bit confused on this. I have read they have both welded and bolted ones. I have a February 08 build date 6AT 335i. Any idea what kind of diff I have?
    Yes, all AT's are bolted diffs. If you have an 08, you have the small bolted diff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
    There's actually a sticky by VAC about diffs that has a nice table of which car's supposedly have which diff. Not sure if it's 100% accurate but it's a good place to start. I know the Sticky threads are kinda never used here, but that one's helpful for that table.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast