Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Motor went

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

you bet...mine wasn't listed yet tons have been sold...different motor but the point stands

I would have a tough time believing vortech based s54s use significantly different tunes... assuming the same injectors and maf with similar supporting mods

phone them

they are currently doing remote s52 tunes too, which i don't think they used to do

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
    I would have a tough time believing vortech based s54s use significantly different tunes
    I doubt the tunes are significantly different just as you state but I wouldn't just put on a canned tune and call it a day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Definitely contact AA, they will give you a very conservative tune and the car will run right!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What do you guys think of getting Nick G. to tune?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

I would like to see what OE would do, i'm sure he can tune it the right way. i mean after seeing the s54 turbo he tuned... that is not an easy task.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I emailed OE today and the price was very fair (around $1.5K)...the problem is the shipping will kill me (more than $2.5k round trip enclosed).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu Click here to enlarge
    I emailed OE today and the price was very fair (around $1.5K)...the problem is the shipping will kill me (more than $2.5k round trip enclosed).
    ouchhh 4k for a tune. idk what to say :/
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    ouchhh 4k for a tune. idk what to say :/
    Yep that does get expensive... hmm.

Dr_Jitsu, did you ask if OE is coming out to your area any time soon?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yep that does get expensive... hmm.

Dr_Jitsu, did you ask if OE is coming out to your area any time soon?
    I was thinking the same thing. OE does go out a lot for tuning sessions out of state. hopefully he comes around you!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was thinking of seeing if there might be some other cars that need tuning. As mentioned, Jerry of Eurocharged is local. Yes he had some problems, but he been tuning a whole bunch of cars successfully lately.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

I was thinking of seeing if there might be some other cars that need tuning. As mentioned, Jerry of Eurocharged is local. Yes he had some problems, but he been tuning a whole bunch of cars successfully lately.
    Obviously up to you, OE may not be feasible so Jerry at Eurocharged may be your best bet.

Did you look into AA?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Called them but didn't really get any solid answers. OE would be great is they were closer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Called them but didn't really get any solid answers. OE would be great is they were closer.
    Another issue is I have heard eurocharged has blown some motors, you can search on Google for it if you like. I just wouldn't be as confident with them as I would be with OE or AA.

I would also choose Nick G over them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, Eurocharged blew at least two E55's. However they were pretty heavily modified and high mileage. Nonetheless, that is cause for concern.

Counterbalancing the above is the fact that there are hundreds of cars running their tunes successfully. My mechanic is leaning towards Jerry, but if there is a way to get Jeremy out here obviously I will go that route.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    What do you guys think of getting Nick G. to tune?
    Your going to need lots of money and tons of patience.. and that's if your even lucky to get him interested. I tried several times to contact him when I was considering doing a custom S/C setup. He never returned a single message.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I still think by the time you add in the cost and headache to continue to peruse a custom tuning solution, your going to end up spending more money than if you simply bought a used "out of the box" kit from VF, ESS or AA. Despite already having a S/C setup.. the cost associated with getting your current setup whole is IMHO going to cost you more.

Save yourself all this headache.. sell your current kit and put it towards a proven, reliable, non-custom one. You can get 500 RWHP on stock internals with no hassles for around $4,500-$6,500. If you were only able to get $2K for your current setup, you still will probably end up spending $2K-$3K fiddling with your current one to get it whole.

Ease of mind, ease of expense.. simple.. no headaches.. ditch the custom route.
    Last edited by ccsykes; 10-24-2010 at 01:16 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    Your going to need lots of money and tons of patience.. and that's if your even lucky to get him interested. I tried several times to contact him when I was considering doing a custom S/C setup. He never returned a single message.
    Didn't even return messages? That is pretty lame.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

ell your current kit and put it towards a proven, reliable, non-custom one.
    This is the wildcard, who will buy it and for how much? A custom tune isn't that big of a deal he just can't get the right person for the right money at the moment. A new kit will cost him more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is the wildcard, who will buy it and for how much? A custom tune isn't that big of a deal he just can't get the right person for the right money at the moment. A new kit will cost him more.
    I don't think so, you need to factor in incidental costs as well. Also piece of mind should be considered. When your spending this kind of money, what's an extra 10% in cost if it brings you 100% piece of mind. You go custom and have a problem, you will always need a custom solution. Go standard kit and if you have a problem there is a mountain of resource at your disposal. If you add up the money that has been sunk into this car to date, it should be proof positive that the custom route just isn't worth it when there are kits available now that are reliable.

We shouldn't always look at costs so black and white..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

I don't think so, you need to factor in incidental costs as well. Also piece of mind should be considered. When your spending this kind of money, what's an extra 10% in cost if it brings you 100% piece of mind. You go custom and have a problem, you will always need a custom solution. Go standard kit and if you have a problem there is a mountain of resource at your disposal. If you add up the money that has been sunk into this car to date, it should be proof positive that the custom route just isn't worth it when there are kits available now that are reliable.

We shouldn't always look at costs so black and white..
    I don't disagree with you regarding the kit route as being the most realible, quickest, and best package for his needs ideally but he mentioned just running it with a stock motor. Now he is thinking about using his SC hardware so from what the owner has stated complicating the matter further just does not necessarily make sense to him especially since so much money has already been spent.

He has all this hardware just sitting there...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

What was AA response??? They would be able to give you a nice safe tune.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234