Close

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
    To each their own. There are many guys that don't care for 1/4 because their cars are not properly setup for it or they don't want to risk breaking anything. But these same cars will go out and put of some very fast 60-130 numbers.
    Oh of course. And I have nothing wrong with 60-130 because it shows which car is faster just like trap speed. 1/4 just shows which cars are fast and can actually use the power being put down.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

So then I guess you have your work cut out then. These E30s and E36s are hunting 8 seconds in the 1/4... Truthfully, it isn't even all about power in any of these events. Power does matter, but so does suspension, traction, rubber, as well as experience and persistency. But good luck in your pursuit. I still think the S54 will come out on top, but nothing wrong with competition.
    I would say so but no street BMW with the factory transmission is in the 8's.

Yes, it's a complete package of traction, chassis setup, transmission, tires, etc. I think the E9X has the best chassis and rear end for the 1/4 mile of any 3-Series.

Comparisons to the S54 will be natural and encouraged.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

well I just spent too much time reading through this thread but the question I have is.......are there any videos of Sticky's car running ? I would just like to see the thing in action . I remember seeing some pics a while back of his car with trophies or some kind of dust collectors but was there any video at that event to see what cars were raced ?

wondering what would happen if Sticky lined up with Jrcart's cars Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

TIME TO MOVE ON !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ Click here to enlarge
    wondering what would happen if Sticky lined up with Jrcart's cars
    There's only one that should be lined up and I will make it happen.

but was there any video at that event to see what cars were raced ?
    I wasn't responsible for videotaping or providing media. The fact is it beat all the other cars in its class.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I would say so but no street BMW with the factory transmission is in the 8's.

Yes, it's a complete package of traction, chassis setup, transmission, tires, etc. I think the E9X has the best chassis and rear end for the 1/4 mile of any 3-Series.

Comparisons to the S54 will be natural and encouraged.
    Correct. No street car is in the 8s, but there are some in the 9s... I only see the E9x having the advantage due to DCT. Chassis may be better but I can't tell when 6 speed E9x cars are doing 11.9 and slower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

There's only one that should be lined up and I will make it happen.

I wasn't responsible for videotaping or providing media. The fact is it beat all the other cars in its class.
    i'm not sure how to take that answer . I would think having a car as powerful as yours and how you talk about your car , you would have stuck a little go-pro on there for a little video action .

just out of curiosity , what was in your class ?
    Click here to enlarge

TIME TO MOVE ON !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Correct. No street car is in the 8s, but there are some in the 9s... I only see the E9x having the advantage due to DCT. Chassis may be better but I can't tell when 6 speed E9x cars are doing 11.9 and slower.
    DCT is a big factor and the rear end as well. It doesn't suffer from the same weak rear subframe as the E46. BMW really beefed this area up.

The 6-speed manual cars just don't see the same amount of runs on the strip. It's obviously harder to get them as fast or consistent as the DCT's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I would think having a car as powerful as yours and how you talk about your car , you would have stuck a little go-pro on there for a little video action .
    How was I supposed to when I didn't even know the car would be there?

The class was all AMG's and M's. It beat them all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Here's the list of cars that were at the October Event (The website gives me problems, so I view everything in print preview). Outside of the Lab22 cars which all had problems with their motors that had just been finished being built (documented over on E46Fantatics), there are a few cars in the 700-800 range and some random 1k HP M5 (?)
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

How was I supposed to when I didn't even know the car would be there?

The class was all AMG's and M's. It beat them all.
    you didn't know your own car would be there ?

I understand that it was AMGs and Ms but what kind of mods were you up against ? it would be like me , here in El Paso , going up against other Ms and AMGs here and obviously walking away from them because nobody here has any modded AMGs and the Ms are supercharged , bolt-on cars with no internal work . I know I could walk away from them because we all hung out together and ran many times .
    Click here to enlarge

TIME TO MOVE ON !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

you didn't know your own car would be there ?
    Exactly I wasn't there so how am I supposed to provide you with videos? I only have what is available.

I understand that it was AMGs and Ms but what kind of mods were you up against ? it would be like me , here in El Paso , going up against other Ms and AMGs here and obviously walking away from them because nobody here has any modded AMGs and the Ms are supercharged , bolt-on cars with no internal work . I know I could walk away from them because we all hung out together and ran many times .
    Considering it's a roll on racing event obviously it isn't going to be stock Civics. The fact remains it beat supercharged 63's, turbo E46 M3's, etc. It beat everyone so clearly it's pretty stout.

The car wasn't on high boost either. It also beat this VT3 M3 discussed in the thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    **This is my last response because once again another BB thread has turned into you "bragging" about your car that's still not running and how it's going to be the fastest E9x M3 in the world.

The GTR only comes with the DCT.... Which is why I didn't bother dragging the 997.2 (PDK only) into this arguement.

And since when did you beat turbo S54s?? The Shift S3ctor event?? Where all the Lab22 cars had lifting heads? Cause that's the only time your car's been out. Until you have legitimate runs, with both cars running 100%, or even some basic 60-130 data, it's you bragging about a "project" that's still not even running full tilt.
    This. Well said.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GearHead03 Click here to enlarge
    This. Well said.
    A win is a win. Not my fault the super stout badass S54 couldn't hang. They've had over a decade to figure it out. I don't have to sit here making excuses about losing, they do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Drew's comment's:
    "The car is full weight, no burn out, no LC, MDM (traction control) is on. The Gauges were created by Vboxtools.com , the car is making 690whp / 463 TQ SAE."

"As you can see in the vid, I didn't do a burnout (need a linelock) and I didn't use LC, and had to run with Traction Control on, which hurt me a little. The best the car did that day on the 2nd pass, was 10.81 @ 135MPH, with the proper drag setup it has a lot more in it. Click here to enlarge"

Click here to enlarge

/
    //A L E X A N D R E 1983 Photography///ALX1983.COM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
    the car is making 690whp / 463 TQ SAE
    This is all anyone needs to know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A win is a win. Not my fault the super stout badass S54 couldn't hang. They've had over a decade to figure it out. I don't have to sit here making excuses about losing, they do.
    lol, you're funny man. I do give you credit bc you are willing to try and push your bmw a lot harder than a whole lot of other owners. So bravo. But you raced a broken s54. Ok, you won. You have the fastest e9x, but that wasn't the fastest e46. There are many others that will walk you. You pay attention to big bmw builds. Then you should know there are some 1100, 1200 and 1300 hp s54's lurking. You will NEVER be faster in the 1/4 or 60-130. But im going to applaud you trying. And btw, Marcus and Kent's s54's have more in them. So the moment they want to silence you, the power cranking will begin.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

lol, you're funny man. I do give you credit bc you are willing to try and push your bmw a lot harder than a whole lot of other owners. So bravo. But you raced a broken s54. Ok, you won. You have the fastest e9x, but that wasn't the fastest e46. There are many others that will walk you. You pay attention to big bmw builds. Then you should know there are some 1100, 1200 and 1300 hp s54's lurking. You will NEVER be faster in the 1/4 or 60-130. But im going to applaud you trying. And btw, Marcus and Kent's s54's have more in them. So the moment they want to silence you, the power cranking will begin.
    I'm not responsible for other peoples cars. My car wasn't 100% either. Am I crying?

If the S65 is so weak and the S54 so strong shouldn't the S54 have easily won? If the S65 is so overmatched why did my car limping around on its transmission beat everyone there? Sounds to me like it held its own just fine.

I'm down to run whatever BMW's. First time out I came out on top. It was very fitting IMO and opened eyes. All the people talking smack went home with their tails between their legs. I'm just getting warmed up. It's not going to get slower or weaker from here on out. You think there aren't going to be 1000+ S65's? You think I don't know who is doing what or what motor is putting out what HP? I follow this all closer than anyone.

Bring on every S54. I already beat Marcus down and he ran away and I'll gladly do it again. Kenton is nothing to worry about either I'm going to personally enjoy abusing him.

If anyone wants to silence me, come and do it. Come and beat me. Marcus tried. Drew tried. They ended up having to be the ones shutting their mouths. THEY LOST.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not responsible for other peoples cars. My car wasn't 100% either. Am I $#@!ing?

If the S65 is so weak and the S54 so strong shouldn't the S54 have easily won? If the S65 is so overmatched why did my car limping around on its transmission beat everyone there? Sounds to me like it held its own just fine.

I'm down run whatever BMW's whatever. First time out I came out on top. It was very fitting IMO and opened eyes. All the people talking smack went home with their tail between their legs and I'm just getting warmed up. It's not going to get slower or weaker from here on out.

Bring on every S54. I already beat Marcus down and he ran away and I'll gladly do it again. Kenton is nothing to worry about either I'm going to personally enjoy abusing him.

If anyone wants to silence me, come and do it. Marcus tried. Drew tried. They ended up having to be the ones shutting their mouths. THEY LOST.
    I NEVER said the s65 is weak. I like it a lot. Just would never own one due to the existence of the s54 and turbos!!! Kent's car makes more power than Marcus'. You DIDNT abuse anything dude. lol. Nobody ran away. They will all be back out at more events. Kick that idea that people are afraid of your car. FACT, it is not the fastest. Most just aren't taking this as personal as you. You don't get to enjoy your car bc of it. They all have their cars and enjoy them, while not pushing it to the limits of it almost breaking. Huge difference. How many events will your car see without issue? Their cars have seen plenty. And there is a big difference between your car and their in regards to issues. A head lift is certainly different. Without that, we all know you would not have won. lol. Lets be serious. You know 2 guys. There are s54's that run 4 secs and 5 secs 60-130 that weren't at your 1 time out. So quit being so cocky. Bc if ppl took the $#@! so personal as you did, fact is, the s54 can be cranked up right now to make much more power than your 1 s65.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I NEVER said the s65 is weak. I like it a lot. Just would never own one due to the existence of the s54 and turbos!!! Kent's car makes more power than Marcus'. You DIDNT abuse anything dude. lol. Nobody ran away. They will all be back out at more events. Kick that idea that people are afraid of your car. FACT, it is not the fastest. Most just aren't taking this as personal as you. You don't get to enjoy your car bc of it. They all have their and enjoy them, while not pushing it to the limits of it almost breaking. Huge difference. How many events will your car see without issue? Theres have seen plenty. And there is a big difference between your car and their in regards to issues. A head lift is certainly different. Without that, we all know you would not have won. lol. Lets be serious. You know 2 guys. There are s54's that run 4 secs and 5 secs 60-130 that weren't at your 1 time out. So quit being so cocky. Bc if ppl took the $#@! so personal as you did, fact is, the s54 can be cranked up right now to make much more power than your 1 s65.
    Don't take any offense I'm not specifically saying anything to you only those who are saying the S65 is so weak yet the trophies went home with it. How is the winning platform the weakest? It's only going to get stronger from here on out.

I hope Kenton's car does make more power than Marcus' because he needs to if he wants to line up next to me.

Yes, Marcus ran away and is hiding as he should be. Drew isn't even competition don't know why we are talking about him other than the technicality of him holding a record until I take it from him and rub it in his face that is was never his to begin with. It's like claiming you are better than Lebron in 3-point shooting because you made a shot on a court he wasn't even on.

I'm pushing the limits too in all ways. This is fun honestly I don't take any of it personally as the car will ultimately do all the talking for me or for them. People get a little too riled up but that's fine. It's part of the sporting aspect right?

I can be cocky when I beat them head to head. When you win that's your prerogative. If I lost it would be different.

Look I can tell you exactly how the S54 and S65 showdown is going to go down if you like. The S65 is about to get some twins. How much power do you think it will make? It's not going to give up anything power / torque wise. It's the other way around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't take any offense I'm not specifically saying anything to you only those who are saying the S65 is so weak yet the trophies went home with it. How is the winning platform the weakest? It's only going to get stronger from here on out.

I hope Kenton's car does make more power than Marcus' because he needs to if he wants to line up next to me.

Yes, Marcus ran away and is hiding as he should be. Drew isn't even competition don't know why we are talking about him other than the technicality of him holding a record until I take it from him and rub it in his face that is was never his to begin with. It's like claiming you are better than Lebron in 3-point shooting because you made a shot on a court he wasn't even on.

I'm pushing the limits too in all ways. This is fun honestly I don't take any of it personally as the car will ultimately do all the talking for me or for them. People get a little too riled up but that's fine. It's part of the sporting aspect right?

I can be cocky when I beat them head to head. When you win that's your prerogative. If I lost it would be different.

Look I can tell you exactly how the S54 and S65 showdown is going to go down if you like. The S65 is about to get some twins. How much power do you think it will make? It's not going to give up anything power / torque wise. It's the other way around.
    lmao. again, you're funny. But we shall see.
    I don't even mention Drew or any other s65 owner bc they have been getting spanked by S54s at these roll on events for a while now. I like the s65 platform, I just would rather wait to see it do much bigger things. As its on its way to doing now.... I'm sure a tt s65 will be such a serious force. But how many folks are willing to invest into that. I'm sure it will be pretty expensive to see 1100whp tt s65. Think I'll have to look to another car brand soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

lmao. again, you're funny. But we shall see.
    I don't even mention Drew or any other s65 owner bc they have been getting spanked by S54s at these roll on events for a while now. I like the s65 platform, I just would rather wait to see it do much bigger things. As its on its way to doing now.... I'm sure a tt s65 will be such a serious force. But how many folks are willing to invest into that. I'm sure it will be pretty expensive to see 1100whp tt s65. Think I'll have to look to another car brand soon.
    Well how many folks were willing to invest in S54 turbo builds? We saw quite a few right?

How many people do big budget GTR builds?

It's whatever floats your boat.

You will see 1000 whp + S65's shortly. Very shortly. It just won't be anything by ESS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well how many folks were willing to invest in S54 turbo builds? We saw quite a few right?

How many people do big budget GTR builds?

It's whatever floats your boat.

You will see 1000 whp + S65's shortly. Very shortly. It just won't be anything by ESS.
    Yea, a lot of folks did turbo builds on their s54s. Many bc they didn't want to sell and get a s65 or because it was capable of making more power than the s65. But the huge builds didn't come until later. They are common now and not as pricey. A handful of big power s54 owners have sold s65s before doing so. It will be expensive to see huge power from the s65 at first. So I doubt we will see a huge turnout at first.
    GTRs are getting more and more common. My neighbor and his son have one. Its just a different buyer. But I see your point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Yea, a lot of folks did turbo builds on their s54s. Many bc they didn't want to sell and get a s65 or because it was capable of making more power than the s65. But the huge builds didn't come until later. They are common now and not as pricey. A handful of big power s54 owners have sold s65s before doing so. It will be expensive to see huge power from the s65 at first. So I doubt we will see a huge turnout at first.
    GTRs are getting more and more common. My neighbor and his son have one. Its just a different buyer. But I see your point.
    The turbo builds on the S54 started and continued before any of those people even understood what the S65 was capable of or the E9X platforms in general.

S54 builds definitely aren't cheap either.

It really isn't going to be much more expensive. You have to do similar things. Prep the block, internals, make sure the head doesn't lift at high boost, etc. If you're doing one you can probably do the other although the price of entry on the S65 is higher with less competition in that arena.

Look, I like all of these cars and motors. I just find it amusing so many people don't see the strength and don't have any idea what they're talking about. How many of these people would have predicted my car coming out on top at Shift Sector? How many really know what they're saying? I've had the S54. I have the S65. I've got a pretty good idea of what each can do.

It's going to be a fun year.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The turbo builds on the S54 started and continued before any of those people even understood what the S65 was capable of or the E9X platforms in general.

S54 builds definitely aren't cheap either.

It really isn't going to be much more expensive. You have to do similar things. Prep the block, internals, make sure the head doesn't lift at high boost, etc. If you're doing one you can probably do the other although the price of entry on the S65 is higher with less competition in that arena.

Look, I like all of these cars and motors. I just find it amusing so many people don't see the strength and don't have any idea what they're talking about. How many of these people would have predicted my car coming out on top at Shift Sector? How many really know what they're saying? I've had the S54. I have the S65. I've got a pretty good idea of what each can do.

It's going to be a fun year.
    I do believe the S65 will surpass the S54. But I do not see that day being today. Maybe once the twin turbo kit is complete and pushed further. But as of now, the S54 is the all around King. Having 9 second 1/4 mile passes, 4 second 60-130 times, 1300hp builds. I mean, no other motor is beating it overall. That may change in the future. I'm not naive to think it will last forever.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I do believe the S65 will surpass the S54. But I do not see that day being today. Maybe once the twin turbo kit is complete and pushed further. But as of now, the S54 is the all around King. Having 9 second 1/4 mile passes, 4 second 60-130 times, 1300hp builds. I mean, no other motor is beating it overall. That may change in the future. I'm not naive to think it will last forever.
    I personally would say the S50/S52's seem to be the king right now at least when we talk about the 1/4 mile.

We can't fault the S65 for coming later and being on the market less time. It all comes with time. It's stout and so is the S54. But the S65 will beat it.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast