Close

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 246
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    28
    Rep Points
    0.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I shouldn't even mention that up until Drew cracked the record, the fastest E9X trap speed belonged to an N54 with 131.99... I better leave before the N54 VS S65 $#@!storm begins

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,118
    Rep Points
    962.9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The S65 is the weakest yet my S65 beat all of the ones you mentioned? How does an S65 win the AMG / M category at a roll on racing event if its the weakest then?

    How did the S54's lose if they are stronger? Same thing for the M156's?

    Sorry, you don't know what you're talking about. It's actually one of the strongest. You just don't know your stuff.
    How is the s65 stronger then the m156? The m156 has posted 9's with traction issues at almost 155mph trap speeds and thats with the 3.0L twin screw ive heard a bigger blower is being put onto the cars . Not $#@!ting on you or the s65 but you are on a s65 saving mission doesnt mean you have to put down everything else. I agree its a badass motor but the m156, s54, etc are just as bad ass to their owners/enthusiast. You ran the m156's/S54's that were at that event that wasnt a huge national event and werent close to the best examples for the chassis/engine going up against the best the s65 has to offer right now(your car). I say until you have run the big dogs of the respective chassis like Jrcart/Earl for the m156 i would refrain from $#@!ting on them just makes you look bitter man. Do your thing and speak from experience and even then try being a bit humble always a bigger fish out there. Just my 2 cents take care

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    710
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sick335 Click here to enlarge
    I shouldn't even mention that up until Drew cracked the record, the fastest E9X trap speed belonged to an N54 with 131.99... I better leave before the N54 VS S65 $#@!storm begins
    Does it matter when it's still 20+ mph from some of the heavy hitting BMW's? No, no it doesn't, so why make it so important? It's like a dick measuring contest in every N54 vs S65 debate. They're both great engines in their own right.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

    Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    748
    Rep Points
    1,054.4
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    10 out of 10 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes I do have the highest WHP M3 and I'm going to smash this and laugh the whole way down the track that this is what I need to exceed. It isn't even going to be a challenge. Considering all the smack all these ESS idiots talked I'm being pretty nice about how weak this really is.
    You should be careful here Sticky, love the site and all but laughing and mocking a record and then saying you are going to smash it when we all know what you have gone through with your car (which still is not running) could also be construed as laughable. It begs the questions to even wonder if you car will even run, and recently you have been saying you are even selling the car.

    Being humble is something you are not, we all get it, but for once it would be nice for you to say, ahh congrats on the 135mph trap, I will get you shortly.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    60
    Rep Points
    0.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    6 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The S54 has put up better verified 60-130 mph numbers. The S54 also has also run 9s. Oh and it does all of this while not having the almighty DCT!! So no trans to help in the fight. All 6 speed manual! The S54 is KING. Point blank. The s65 is great and has lots of potential, but please don't let one event where you saw bad examples of the strongest s54s be the factor in the s65 is the best argument. Point blank, the S54 is better than any E9X car.

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M5 253 Click here to enlarge
    That vt3 m3 is faster than my m5. Thats pretty cool. Props.
    I don't see why theres so much hate when it's not set up to break records.
    At the end of the day it is more reliable than a stock internal car. With room to spare.

    Now, can you give us a guesstimate as to when your trans will be built? Ive been reading a lot about it and it seems like most of us are in the dark as to gintani projects. A bi-weekly or monthly update on their projects would do us readers some good. Silence is not good for their image, no matter the amount of trophies on their shelf.

    *honestly I'm expecting a hostile response to this post*
    No reason to expect a hostile response you're a fairly new user asking an honest question not a thinly veiled insult.

    It's just a matter of getting the parts. Getrag supplies to OEM's and not single individuals usually so they don't shut the factory down for me. I'd be flattered but they don't care. It's just a matter of getting everything in then installing it. I don't see any reason it should take some excessive amount of time. The actual labor is probably a couple days worth.

    The hate comes from the company involved here, ESS, stating how great they were early on and suffocating all competition the forums. The backstory is one of a lot of back stabbing, censorship, and essentially lies to make money. Companies like Gintani were put down, insulted, and really people attempted to destroy them. Now that this platform has fleshed out over the years we can see the difference in skill level between the various forced induction companies. ESS ends up looking like a joke and all their fanboys look like blind idiots now.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sick335 Click here to enlarge
    LOL at this whole thread. Had the pleasure of meeting sticky in person once, definitely not a stable individual(no offence bro, dont take off on me, just an outside observation), so maybe you guys shouldn't take his threads/posts that close to the heart and move onto more technical forums if you are looking for non drama, performance based information/data (there's a few of them out there).

    my .02 cents tho? You can make anything go fast in a straight line if your throw enough money at it. The point of a successful platform is cost efficiency. We can't all be ballers with built motor, stage 3 S65s you know?
    I've never met you and have no idea who you are other than a troll.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,651
    Rep Points
    2,703.2
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    The only thing I don’t get is this- why throw a fully built S65 with a top end blower in a car if you aren’t planning to shoot for WR type ETs and speed? It doesn’t make sense to me to spend that type of coin on a weapons grade setup to then “only” do high 10s. That car should be moving much faster, bottom line. I don’t know ESS well enough to determine if it simply cannot be pushed any harder, but I’d be disappointed by 10.8 in a built S65.
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DevourS65 Click here to enlarge
    whats unstable about him? Thought it was only his car that was unstable?
    No idea but nobody here who has met me has ever stated that. He can't seem to mention a time/place, describe me, what I did that was 'unstable', etc.

    What did I do? Take my clothes off and run around screaming?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sick335 Click here to enlarge
    I shouldn't even mention that up until Drew cracked the record, the fastest E9X trap speed belonged to an N54 with 131.99... I better leave before the N54 VS S65 $#@!storm begins
    Yes 700 whp N54 running 131.99 whereas stock internal sub 600 whp M3's ran 131 and held the ET record. The S65 is more efficient.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    How is the s65 stronger then the m156? The m156 has posted 9's with traction issues at almost 155mph trap speeds and thats with the 3.0L twin screw ive heard a bigger blower is being put onto the cars . Not $#@!ting on you or the s65 but you are on a s65 saving mission doesnt mean you have to put down everything else. I agree its a badass motor but the m156, s54, etc are just as bad ass to their owners/enthusiast. You ran the m156's/S54's that were at that event that wasnt a huge national event and werent close to the best examples for the chassis/engine going up against the best the s65 has to offer right now(your car). I say until you have run the big dogs of the respective chassis like Jrcart/Earl for the m156 i would refrain from $#@!ting on them just makes you look bitter man. Do your thing and speak from experience and even then try being a bit humble always a bigger fish out there. Just my 2 cents take care
    The S65 revs higher and flows better. The best motor out of all those mentioned that is non-BMW would be the M156 due to its displacement. The S85 is still stronger than the M156 but the M156 is the best AMG motor IMO. You would have to take the M159 in the SLS Black Series really to compete with the S85 and then you'd have a hell of a battle on your hands. But those are the best motors IMO.

    I didn't say the S65 was necessarily stronger than the M159 only that the 63 AMG's I have gone up against I have crushed. The only competition really is the world's fastest Mercedes, isn't it? The M156 from Weistec so that is pretty much elite versus elite wouldn't you say?

    You're right of course don't take it all too seriously.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    You should be careful here Sticky, love the site and all but laughing and mocking a record and then saying you are going to smash it when we all know what you have gone through with your car (which still is not running) could also be construed as laughable. It begs the questions to even wonder if you car will even run, and recently you have been saying you are even selling the car.

    Being humble is something you are not, we all get it, but for once it would be nice for you to say, ahh congrats on the 135mph trap, I will get you shortly.
    First of all, the car is and has been running. I don't know what people aren't understanding about that. These cars have already raced. I don't know why I need to keep repeating this. He got destroyed, point blank. It isn't a competition between the two it isn't even close. That's what I'm highlighting about how weak the VT3 setups are.

    I can not congratulate this as I'd be lying. Is that what you want from me? I'm honestly stating that compared to the stock internal cars, something I have consistently stated from day 1, this is a very weak built motor option. In all honesty, it's the weakest money can buy out of all the major tuners.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PureEnthusiast Click here to enlarge
    The S54 has put up better verified 60-130 mph numbers. The S54 also has also run 9s. Oh and it does all of this while not having the almighty DCT!! So no trans to help in the fight. All 6 speed manual! The S54 is KING. Point blank. The s65 is great and has lots of potential, but please don't let one event where you saw bad examples of the strongest s54s be the factor in the s65 is the best argument. Point blank, the S54 is better than any E9X car.
    The S54 got into the 10's after the S65 and the S65 only has 1 built motor low compression pass and it's this one. The S65 really is going to strut its stuff this year.

    Look it's fine we'll do a comparison between the S54 and S65.

    I accidentally neg repped you here is a positive to cancel out.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    The only thing I don’t get is this- why throw a fully built S65 with a top end blower in a car if you aren’t planning to shoot for WR type ETs and speed? It doesn’t make sense to me to spend that type of coin on a weapons grade setup to then “only” do high 10s. That car should be moving much faster, bottom line. I don’t know ESS well enough to determine if it simply cannot be pushed any harder, but I’d be disappointed by 10.8 in a built S65.
    I explained this earlier and you are correct. What's the point? It looks like a waste right?

    Because it's an oopsy stage for ESS. It's the cheapest way to 'fix' (upgrade Click here to enlarge ) something that maybe went wrong if you catch my drift.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,651
    Rep Points
    2,703.2
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I explained this earlier and you are correct. What's the point? It looks like a waste right?

    Because it's an oopsy stage for ESS. It's the cheapest way to 'fix' (upgrade Click here to enlarge ) something that maybe went wrong if you catch my drift.
    ESS VT-Oopsy

    Well that's not good if true. Bad tuning? Or a hardware issue?

    Agreed it just doesn't add up for the money that has surely been put into this motor.
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    ESS VT-Oopsy

    Well that's not good if true. Bad tuning? Or a hardware issue?

    Agreed it just doesn't add up for the money that has surely been put into this motor.
    This is why it's not for sale. It was always stated as 'in development' for years and years and it serves as their backup plan.

    If you want to get a VT3 the only way it seems like you can do it is to get their regular kit, push it too far, and then you qualify for the VT3 upgrade.

    As far as hardware or tuning I don't blame the stock hardware. I mean it doesn't even matter who you go with if you go too far you'll have problems. The thing is, there are other tuners better at say utilizing meth for detonation resistance at higher boost. ESS doesn't officially support meth and when I stated I was going with meth early on they spent months and months saying what a band-aid meth is and how they don't support it. The real band-aid is the VT3.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,651
    Rep Points
    2,703.2
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is why it's not for sale. It was always stated as 'in development' for years and years and it serves as their backup plan.

    If you want to get a VT3 the only way it seems like you can do it is to get their regular kit, push it too far, and then you qualify for the VT3 upgrade.

    As far as hardware or tuning I don't blame the stock hardware. I mean it doesn't even matter who you go with if you go too far you'll have problems. The thing is, there are other tuners better at say utilizing meth for detonation resistance at higher boost. ESS doesn't officially support meth and when I stated I was going with meth early on they spent months and months saying what a band-aid meth is and how they don't support it. The real band-aid is the VT3.
    Well it is a bandaid, but that doesn’t mean it’s not useful and in some applications critical. If you can’t cool the charge and combustion and start upping the boost on a stock motor that came NA, like you said things will melt and/or grenade. Don’t want to steer this off track but why won’t they tune for meth? You can tune for it as an IAT tool, you don’t have to tune for max power and octane if you don’t want to. Sounds like laziness on their part to me. And if they won’t tune for meth, what is their plan for pushing stock motors? Just to let them fail and tell owners “time for a full build”? If so that is weak as hell. Shades of the N54 HPF single turbo debacle.
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    If you can’t cool the charge and combustion and start upping the boost on a stock motor that came NA, like you said things will melt and/or grenade
    Exactly. Better to have meth than have to offer a VT3 to certain people right?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Don’t want to steer this off track but why won’t they tune for meth?
    They just don't have wide ranging custom tuning ability. Their adventures supercharging a stroker motor showed that.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    nd if they won’t tune for meth, what is their plan for pushing stock motors? Just to let them fail and tell owners “time for a full build”
    VT3 is the answer there.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    If so that is weak as hell.
    That's what I'm saying and why I'm saying this is a pretty damn weak example for the platform.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    314
    Rep Points
    0.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky, Do you believe your car capable of running sub 5 sec 60-130mph?

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky, Do you believe your car capable of running sub 5 sec 60-130mph?
    I honestly haven't even focused at all on looking at where I think it would place in 60-130 sprints.

    I can tell you it will be significantly faster in the 1/4 mile than this VT3 and the performance should open eyes. I intend to challenge for the top overall BMW spots across all the engine platforms.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    314
    Rep Points
    0.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I honestly haven't even focused at all on looking at where I think it would place in 60-130 sprints.

    I can tell you it will be significantly faster in the 1/4 mile than this VT3 and the performance should open eyes. I intend to challenge for the top overall BMW spots across all the engine platforms.
    Gotcha.. No problem with that. Are you referring to top spot at the 1/4 mile or top spot all around?

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
    Gotcha.. No problem with that. Are you referring to top spot at the 1/4 mile or top spot all around?
    1/4 mile naturally. That's the big one IMO. Roll on racing is getting more popular but a good ET and trap are still the main thing to strive for.

    As far as all around, power, 60-130, even top speed, yes. I will try for everything and think it will be fun to go for it.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,484
    Rep Points
    -17.8
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I agree 1/4 mile is more important than 60-130. Shows the car's chassis is capable of putting the power down effectively.

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    314
    Rep Points
    0.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    1/4 mile naturally. That's the big one IMO. Roll on racing is getting more popular but a good ET and trap are still the main thing to strive for.

    As far as all around, power, 60-130, even top speed, yes. I will try for everything and think it will be fun to go for it.
    So then I guess you have your work cut out then. These E30s and E36s are hunting 8 seconds in the 1/4... Truthfully, it isn't even all about power in any of these events. Power does matter, but so does suspension, traction, rubber, as well as experience and persistency. But good luck in your pursuit. I still think the S54 will come out on top, but nothing wrong with competition.

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    314
    Rep Points
    0.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    I agree 1/4 mile is more important than 60-130. Shows the car's chassis is capable of putting the power down effectively.
    To each their own. There are many guys that don't care for 1/4 because their cars are not properly setup for it or they don't want to risk breaking anything. But these same cars will go out and put of some very fast 60-130 numbers.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •