Close

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Its coming along nicely. When we make the announcement it will be for a working product on a car.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm not going to say anything other than it's coming along. It's definitely coming along.
    Thats good enough for me! Just glad to hear it being worked on and making progress!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Its coming along nicely. When we make the announcement it will be for a working product on a car.
    Tony what about instead of spinning the hpfp from the crank, spin it electrically via a motor? That way it could be at "full speed" at low RPM. Depending on the power requirements to spin the pump, it might work. It probably wouldn't be the cheap way to do it or anything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DallasBoosted Click here to enlarge
    Tony what about instead of spinning the hpfp from the crank, spin it electrically via a motor? That way it could be at "full speed" at low RPM. Depending on the power requirements to spin the pump, it might work. It probably wouldn't be the cheap way to do it or anything.
    We need higher flow all the way through, not just at high rpm. The HPFP needs to be designed to work with upgraded turbo setups not just on stock turbo setups. Im sure Tony has this in mind and will be developing a fix for this.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Will this work in conjunction with your current HPFP pump and rail upgrade? I already have your HPFP pump and rail upgrade and waiting for VTT Stage 3 turbos.
    Titanium Silver E92 09 BMW 335i xdrive 6AT
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail
    Protuned via Cobb by JR TUNED @ PandL Motorsports
    75%E85/25%93 blend 430awhp/470lbs tq on AWD Dynojet
    Dyno Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So, I am not exactly too well versed in our fuel system. I know where our LPFP pump and tank is located, and the HPFP, so does the LPFP fuel a secondary tank that feeds the HPFP, or how exactly does it work? I don't understand why we could just use an electronic pump in conjunction with the mechanical pump. I'd think the JB4 could somewhat easily control this pump no? @Terry@BMS ?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    So, I am not exactly too well versed in our fuel system. I know where our LPFP pump and tank is located, and the HPFP, so does the LPFP fuel a secondary tank that feeds the HPFP, or how exactly does it work? I don't understand why we could just use an electronic pump in conjunction with the mechanical pump. I'd think the JB4 could somewhat easily control this pump no? @Terry@BMS ?
    no surge tank in N54 cars from factory

LPFP>Lines>HPFP>Lines>Rail>Injectors.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    no surge tank in N54 cars from factory

LPFP>Lines>HPFP>Lines>Rail>Injectors.
    Hmmm so if there as to be a supplemental electrical pump would the best position be at the lines feeding the HPFP, or would it be best to T-off the LPFP lines and by-passthe HPFP directly to the rail? By the sound of the things the electrical pump wouldn't have most of its workload in the midrange and not much in the higher RPM's.

What type of PSI would the pump need to be capable of?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As needed in direct injection set-ups, the HPFP produces an extraordinary amount of pressure. IIRC, up to 2,900 psi in low rpm, high load conditions.

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Hmmm so if there as to be a supplemental electrical pump would the best position be at the lines feeding the HPFP, or would it be best to T-off the LPFP lines and by-passthe HPFP directly to the rail? By the sound of the things the electrical pump wouldn't have most of its workload in the midrange and not much in the higher RPM's.

What type of PSI would the pump need to be capable of?
    We use supplemental electrical pumps between the electrical LPFP and the mechanical HPFP (or replace the LPFP with a higher output walboro) when the HPFP demand exceeds the LPFP's abilities to keep pressure up. You want pressure above 70+psi pre-HPFP at all times so that it can be "fed" fuel properly. Electric pumps are flow rated- they can flow X gallons/hour at Y PSI. If you drop the PSI, they can usually flow more... but the HPFP needs flow and pressure on the "inlet", so you need a strong enough LPFP system to keep it fat and happy.

Post HPFP the computer targets anywhere from 800psi to 2500+psi depending on multiple variables. So, if your HPFP is crashing, but your LPFP pressure is stable... there's nothing more you can do to help it because it's the HPFP output that has been exceeded. Well asides from meth injection, higher RPM (spins HPFP faster), tuning for leaner AFR's, less boost in the midrange or wherever you are having the pressure drop, etc.

I'm just gonna throw it out there that any ideas you have, have probably been tried/tested. The only way this is going to be addressed is with new parts and fabrication, or a secondary fuel system. There is no trickery left in the system to be had, it's all been tried. Best bet right now is the Vargas upgrades, but they mostly address big power up high. If you want big power down low you need to supplement with meth or use race gas instead of E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, I have the walbro 255 inline. Don't plan on running more than an e30 mix until a fuel option comes out, and do run a meth kit with dual 1.0 nozzles and usually run 100% meth mix

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just as a small general update, still waiting for info to come in trans rebuild options. But I've been playing with the tuning and found if I close the throttle slightly before the up shift it seems to dip torque just enough for the trans to make it cleanly in to the next gear & hold full advance. I'll have to do more runs in various climates to ensure it's not just a red herring. But this may be a good stop-gap for me to enjoy the car a bit more before we can build the trans up. Click here to enlarge

Also I started picking up an intermittent bank1 o2 sensor code a couple weeks ago. Which I was dreading swapping as it's all packed in pretty tight. I was worried I might not be able to reach it without pulling the turbo. But I'm now pleased to report it can be swapped without issue. You just pop off the compressor cover and using a stubby 7/8" wrench can get at it from an angle. Maybe 20-30 min of work. Phew. Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Just as a small general update, still waiting for info to come in trans rebuild options. But I've been playing with the tuning and found if I close the throttle slightly before the up shift it seems to dip torque just enough for the trans to make it cleanly in to the next gear & hold full advance. I'll have to do more runs in various climates to ensure it's not just a red herring. But this may be a good stop-gap for me to enjoy the car a bit more before we can build the trans up. Click here to enlarge

Also I started picking up an intermittent bank1 o2 sensor code a couple weeks ago. Which I was dreading swapping as it's all packed in pretty tight. I was worried I might not be able to reach it without pulling the turbo. But I'm now pleased to report it can be swapped without issue. You just pop off the compressor cover and using a stubby 7/8" wrench can get at it from an angle. Maybe 20-30 min of work. Phew. Click here to enlarge

NICE!!! Are you running any transmission coolers?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No it's just all 100% stock. An eternal cooler is probably a good idea at these power levels though.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No it's just all 100% stock. An eternal cooler is probably a good idea at these power levels though.
    Check out my thread I just created. I will be running one with my ST as well ill let everyone know how the transmission reacts to it .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Popped the engine cover back on. Car is running pretty good right now at 20psi. I'll VBOX it next week. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Popped the engine cover back on. Car is running pretty good right now at 20psi. I'll VBOX it next week. Click here to enlarge

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...c1d13922-1.jpg

Thats clean. Looks like it should have been there from the factory Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...c1d13922-1.jpg
    Nice, where's the left strut bar?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Removed it years ago. Was tired of fighting it to remove the DME box top. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

^^because racecar LOL
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Log looks pretty good T. When are you going to go past 20psi? Is there currently a ceiling at 20psi for some reason? I don't remember.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Log looks pretty good T. When are you going to go past 20psi? Is there currently a ceiling at 20psi for some reason? I don't remember.
    At the moment I'm having problems holding timing post shift consistently at any boost level. Works great one day. Then the next day dies. So slowly trying to work through that.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 02-15-2014 at 04:05 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Terry@BMS , for the ST tuning, which aspects of the tune are controlled by the BB flash and which are controlled by the JB4?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

@Terry@BMS , for the ST tuning, which aspects of the tune are controlled by the BB flash and which are controlled by the JB4?
    The JB4 runs everything. The flash is setup in such a way to simply certain things for the JB4.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I thought level 10 was proven to not really be a legit upgrade? A couple of people have used them and yet we are still searching for a legit trans rebuild option.
    And who are those people and would they care to comment? It's issues like this that we need to talk about. Enrita has the full rebuild and though he is not at this level of power his Trans is fine. He does track his car so plenty of abuse there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can't directly comment on level10's quality, but common sense tells me that if the upgrade was the answer, everyone would have it.

It would be nice if people that have this upgrade commented on how it's holding up.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast