Close

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    anyone tried external trans cooler? does it help?
    I will be running one with Dash-10 lines plus alpina flash on my ST setup, so we'll see what happens. I'm not sure if it was all the transmission, but a couple times when I had just stock turbos my trans did decide to not shift at the top end. I read up on it and heard the JB4 can do that in rare instances, but not really sure. @Terry@BMS is that at all possible? It came up under google search but it seemed to be primarily on the DCT's and fixed now?

Also, Terry, with the alpina flash and backend, what can you get the 6AT to redline at now? Is it 7300rpm?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BavarianBullet Click here to enlarge
    Time to kickstarter a TCU hack project.
    Yeah..would love to see this happen like the BB Flash, I woulda thought this would have happened shortly after the Alpina flash came "available" but I guess that must be just as difficult to hack

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I will be running one with Dash-10 lines plus alpina flash on my ST setup, so we'll see what happens. I'm not sure if it was all the transmission, but a couple times when I had just stock turbos my trans did decide to not shift at the top end. I read up on it and heard the JB4 can do that in rare instances, but not really sure. @Terry@BMS is that at all possible? It came up under google search but it seemed to be primarily on the DCT's and fixed now?

Also, Terry, with the alpina flash and backend, what can you get the 6AT to redline at now? Is it 7300rpm?
    The trans shifts around 6700rpm. We have no mechanism to alter that. So if you are an AT size the turbo to work within that power band.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The trans shifts around 6700rpm. We have no mechanism to alter that. So if you are an AT size the turbo to work within that power band.
    Damn, I thought the alpina at least raised it to 7k...ellwell my turbo should be great in that power band. I'd imagine we'd run into more fueling issues anyway if we raised it much higher eh?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn, I thought the alpina at least raised it to 7k...ellwell my turbo should be great in that power band. I'd imagine we'd run into more fueling issues anyway if we raised it much higher eh?
    Fueling actually gets a bit easier at higher rpm, oddly enough, as the high pressure pump turns faster up there and can more proportionally more fuel.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There was a dude on e90post that retrofitted a trans cooler.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Fueling actually gets a bit easier at higher rpm, oddly enough, as the high pressure pump turns faster up there and can more proportionally more fuel.
    Wouldn’t we run into a pretty tight injection window if we raised the revs substantially? I know on stock frames the issues are down low with the huge torque bump, but on a single’s power curve that’s interesting that we can get more fuel in the rail up top.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, so I am n00b how come we haven't been able to raise RPM? That's in the transmission software? Alpina claims higher redline, is that not true?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Wouldn’t we run into a pretty tight injection window if we raised the revs substantially? I know on stock frames the issues are down low with the huge torque bump, but on a single’s power curve that’s interesting that we can get more fuel in the rail up top.
    Yes, it would be a tight window, but as discussed in another thread shouldn't be an issue unless someone pushes the redline to something crazy, which at this point isn't anytime soon. I sure love how the N54 sounds though past 6krpm, would be sweet to hear it rev a little past 7k

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know from first hand experience it's easier to fuel at 7200rpm than 6200rpm. But have no experience testing levels above 7200rpm.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, it would be a tight window, but as discussed in another thread shouldn't be an issue unless someone pushes the redline to something crazy, which at this point isn't anytime soon. I sure love how the N54 sounds though past 6krpm, would be sweet to hear it rev a little past 7k
    The injection window will get smaller requiring higher pressure but what Terry is saying is spinning the pump is easier at higher RPM.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know from first hand experience it's easier to fuel at 7200rpm than 6200rpm. But have no experience testing levels above 7200rpm.
    Would it be at all possible to make a tcu piggyback? You would have to drop the trans oil pan and get into the mechatronic right? Has any other tuning co. made anything of the sort before that you know of?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, so I am n00b how come we haven't been able to raise RPM? That's in the transmission software? Alpina claims higher redline, is that not true?
    We can’t get the TCU and mechatronics to play nice. We have no ability to alter the transmission parameters outside of what Alpina has done with their flash. It sucks.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We can’t get the TCU and mechatronics to play nice. We have no ability to alter the transmission parameters outside of what Alpina has done with their flash. It sucks.
    Until someone starts $#@!ing with alpina flash.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Until someone starts $#@!ing with alpina flash.
    I like this idea. Wish I had the knowledge to do it. What is it that keeps us from being able to change TCU parameters? Sorry if this has been covered but ive asked the people at level 10 and even cobb and never got a real answer other than they are working on it and that's been over a couple of years that someone's been "working on it"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    I like this idea. Wish I had the knowledge to do it. What is it that keeps us from being able to change TCU parameters? Sorry if this has been covered but ive asked the people at level 10 and even cobb and never got a real answer other than they are working on it and that's been over a couple of years that someone's been "working on it"
    $ is what is holding it up, as always. From what little I know, the TCU is extremely complex and as a result, it’s just a huge undertaking to get control over it and be able to read/write to it. Sometimes I wonder how far we could get if X number of people were to chip in say $50-100, but my guess is the answer is “not far”. Realistically we’re talking about maybe 1% of 6AT step owners who would genuinely be willing to pay for TCU flashes and related alterations. It’s a very small universe of demand.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $ is what is holding it up, as always. From what little I know, the TCU is extremely complex and as a result, it’s just a huge undertaking to get control over it and be able to read/write to it. Sometimes I wonder how far we could get if X number of people were to chip in say $50-100, but my guess is the answer is “not far”. Realistically we’re talking about maybe 1% of 6AT step owners who would genuinely be willing to pay for TCU flashes and related alterations. It’s a very small universe of demand.
    I'd be in for this. It just sucks that we can alter Ecu parameters but not the tcu. I would have thought it would be harder accessing ECU. Maybe the return is not worth the investment to gain access? Very good point @135pats. Never really thought of it that way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nice!

We are looking for a singel turbo kit for a really awesome GT3 Z4 build we are doing..this could be something.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JAWS Motorsport Click here to enlarge
    Nice!

We are looking for a singel turbo kit for a really awesome GT3 Z4 build we are doing..this could be something.
    Talk to @Anthony@FFTEC
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    How about just spinning the factory HPFP faster? A change in sprocket size for different fuel levels? Im sure there would be the typical drawbacks but has anyone explored this already?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT-Tom Click here to enlarge
    How about just spinning the factory HPFP faster? A change in sprocket size for different fuel levels? Im sure there would be the typical drawbacks but has anyone explored this already?
    This has been explored, yes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT-Tom Click here to enlarge
    Nope, totally new idea, you should give it a go...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Nope, totally new idea, you should give it a go...Click here to enlarge
    Tony hows progress coming on your HPFP? Are we in the testing stages yet?
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    I'm not going to say anything other than it's coming along. It's definitely coming along.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    Its coming along nicely. When we make the announcement it will be for a working product on a car.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast