Close

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 337
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    657
    Rep Points
    743.6
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    7k... ouch. I hope it holds up!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen
    Posts
    590
    Rep Points
    551.4
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    http://www.importperformancetrans.co...sion-4149.html

    Try them out! Should work as their description covers what you need on that ST 135 Click here to enlarge

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,647.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Ouch is right...7K just for the trans+install? That's one of the reasons I sold my 335. To get to SC m3 speed you need to dump a lot of money into the 335. Btw, not to go to far off topic but anyone notice the m3 SC 625hp kits are now 9k? Makes the SC m3 option look pretty good!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,217
    Rep Points
    9,356.2
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94



    Yes Reputation No
    It gets expensive in the fast line! Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,217
    Rep Points
    9,356.2
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Ouch is right...7K just for the trans+install? That's one of the reasons I sold my 335. To get to SC m3 speed you need to dump a lot of money into the 335. Btw, not to go to far off topic but anyone notice the m3 SC 625hp kits are now 9k? Makes the SC m3 option look pretty good!
    In terms of value for a very nice car the F10 M5 is hard to beat. Bone stock w/ a simple 5 minute install tune running 11.4@127.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    657
    Rep Points
    743.6
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    In terms of value for a very nice car the F10 M5 is hard to beat. Bone stock w/ a simple 5 minute install tune running 11.4@127.
    in a few years ill probably own one of these new M5's. But at 100k new they are a bit out of my budget. I would assume in 3-4yrs these cars will be ~40k-50k used. Then they will be a great bang for the buck car! Tune/DP's/E85 (maybe) and running 10's all day long. That's what im talkin about!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dallas TX
    Posts
    499
    Rep Points
    517.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Yeah but I'm over a year in so if it fails now I would not be disappointed. I beat on it hard and never a hiccup. The only thing I can say was I expected more stall out of it and can only hold about 3k. Was hoping for more like 3500 but it works pretty well. Plan on going to a top mount single or stage 3 vargas in the next couple of months so ill see how it holds up to around 650hp which is my goal for this car. Just need to finish my other projects before I start on the e90. Yeah I know it was expensive but not having trans. malfunction every time I go wot is worth it to me. I drive the car hard just like everything else I own and the turbos and trans.have held up which was a surprise. I still wonder which will fail first the vargas turbos or the trans. I know its off topic but these turbos are pretty durable. Guess it was worth it to upgrade thrust parts.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dallas TX
    Posts
    499
    Rep Points
    517.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    If I could get a new m5 on a lease I would consider it. That's kind of disheartening that all you've done is a tune and already surpassed my fbo e90. I hope the reliability will be better. All the small issues I've had from the hpfp to Wastegate rattle to electrical issues like the fuse panel failure are a beating and that's just a couple of the issues I've had. Great time btw Terry.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,986
    Rep Points
    2,386.1
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Because of lag, you also make less torque down low where the HPFP is known to struggle.
    lag? i hit full spool at 4400 to 4500 rpm just like any other big ST ?
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,217
    Rep Points
    9,356.2
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah but I'm over a year in so if it fails now I would not be disappointed. I beat on it hard and never a hiccup. The only thing I can say was I expected more stall out of it and can only hold about 3k. Was hoping for more like 3500 but it works pretty well. Plan on going to a top mount single or stage 3 vargas in the next couple of months so ill see how it holds up to around 650hp which is my goal for this car. Just need to finish my other projects before I start on the e90. Yeah I know it was expensive but not having trans. malfunction every time I go wot is worth it to me. I drive the car hard just like everything else I own and the turbos and trans.have held up which was a surprise. I still wonder which will fail first the vargas turbos or the trans. I know its off topic but these turbos are pretty durable. Guess it was worth it to upgrade thrust parts.
    How is launching in 2nd gear with it? The key with the larger single is a higher stall speed to get out of the hole in 2nd I think.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Points
    2,932.4
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    30


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    lag? i hit full spool at 4400 to 4500 rpm just like any other big ST ?
    Your setup is very laggy compared to Terry's which is what @V8Bait was referencing. Massive torque down low (like stock frame upgrades) max out the fuel system because they are making big torque before the HPFP has a chance to get up to speed. Terry's ST is getting fairly decent boost by 3.5krpm, so he too will have issues maintaining such a high fuel demand because the lower RPM's and big torque. Now start looking at things at 4.5k+ and the story begins to change because you have shifted the torque curve to the right so much. It's just something to consider for those who are trying to understand where the fuel demands begin to cause a problem.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,217
    Rep Points
    9,356.2
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    in a few years ill probably own one of these new M5's. But at 100k new they are a bit out of my budget. I would assume in 3-4yrs these cars will be ~40k-50k used. Then they will be a great bang for the buck car! Tune/DP's/E85 (maybe) and running 10's all day long. That's what im talkin about!
    Yeah the depreciation on them is awful. Give it another year or two and I can see them in the 50s. It's just a monster of a car though. As more people get them and start racing them you'll see. Easily 10 second potential with slicks and a tune.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dallas TX
    Posts
    499
    Rep Points
    517.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    I think its a lot better than stock. Still think it could use more stall. I believe if you talk to Pat they can build the converter to what you want.Haven't been to the track with it in a while but I have a nice piece of road out in the country that I do pulls on and its definitely a stronger hit out of the hole. Even with dr's on the street traction is hard to come by so until it dries up and I get to a properly prepped strip I don't know how much better. Problem is last time I went to the track I didn't have a lsd so that plays in as well.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,931
    Rep Points
    4,044.9
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I thought level 10 was proven to not really be a legit upgrade? A couple of people have used them and yet we are still searching for a legit trans rebuild option.
    Not proven at all to work for that price, even the guy working with them who was unhappy and left that supposedly was their "BMW" guy was doing upgrades for Vishnu ST cars and they were failing in 6-7 pulls. I would not put that kind of money down for an upgrade that is not proven. Maybe it was 2 grand or something, but not 7.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 02-03-2014 at 11:28 AM.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dallas TX
    Posts
    499
    Rep Points
    517.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Not proven at all to work for that price, even the guy working with them who was unhappy and left that supposedly was their "BMW" guy was doing upgrades for Vishnu ST cars and they were failing in 6-7 pulls. I would not put that kind of money down for an upgrade that is not proven. Maybe it was 2 grand or something, but not 7.
    I bought it because it was the only option and my original was failing on stock turbos. Maybe my power level is not enough to hurt it I don't know yet but will find out soon enough. I have no complaints but I'm only one guy. @enrita has it also and haven't heard of his failing. I thought the torque of stock frame turbos damaged it more than high hp? Maybe I'm wrong but that's the impression I was under. Oh and 7k is too much I agree.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,931
    Rep Points
    4,044.9
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    I bought it because it was the only option and my original was failing on stock turbos. Maybe my power level is not enough to hurt it I don't know yet but will find out soon enough. I have no complaints but I'm only one guy. @enrita has it also and haven't heard of his failing. I thought the torque of stock frame turbos damaged it more than high hp? Maybe I'm wrong but that's the impression I was under. Oh and 7k is too much I agree.
    For stock frames its fine, but even without it you can run stock frame power for quite a while. They promised the ST guy it would hold 700 WTQ he was making around 700 WHP and a little over 600WTQ, it did not hold up at all. I think its just a combo of hard parts and the inability to really change the TCU.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,217
    Rep Points
    9,356.2
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Not proven at all to work for that price, even the guy working with them who was unhappy and left that supposedly was their "BMW" guy was doing upgrades for Vishnu ST cars and they were failing in 6-7 pulls. I would not put that kind of money down for an upgrade that is not proven. Maybe it was 2 grand or something, but not 7.
    I think that was Prem and his 512 motorsports? Trans. Although Level10 has a shaky reputation seems like the only viable option currently. Let's just hope they stand behind their work...
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dallas TX
    Posts
    499
    Rep Points
    517.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    For stock frames its fine, but even without it you can run stock frame power for quite a while. They promised the ST guy it would hold 700 WTQ he was making around 700 WHP and a little over 600WTQ, it did not hold up at all. I think its just a combo of hard parts and the inability to really change the TCU.
    Gotcha Thanks for the feedback. I'm wondering how much the alpina flash has helped as well. Would be nice if we could change TCU settings but I've been waiting for this for a long time and not sure if it will ever happen.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,664
    Rep Points
    2,806.5
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I think that was Prem and his 512 motorsports? Trans. Although Level10 has a shaky reputation seems like the only viable option currently. Let's just hope they stand behind their work...
    As I understood it, the fundamental issue was the TCU and mechatronics. You can swap in whatever hardware you’d like and the TCU simply recalibrates line pressure to what it “wants” to see, negating the $7K hardware you just put in the car. So it fails even if the hardware is theoretically up to the task. Yes it was Prem whose build failed more or less instantly. Not positive but that was my understanding of the problem. In fairness the 6AT Step is a pretty tough box with the Alpina flash, it’ll hold maxed out hybrid twin torque which down low is pretty strong and abrupt.
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,931
    Rep Points
    4,044.9
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I think that was Prem and his 512 motorsports? Trans. Although Level10 has a shaky reputation seems like the only viable option currently. Let's just hope they stand behind their work...
    Yup, it was. I think they should. Honestly that was a year ago, maybe they have come a long way since then? People are patiently waiting for that upgrade.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,217
    Rep Points
    9,356.2
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    As I understood it, the fundamental issue was the TCU and mechatronics. You can swap in whatever hardware you’d like and the TCU simply recalibrates line pressure to what it “wants” to see, negating the $7K hardware you just put in the car. So it fails even if the hardware is theoretically up to the task. Yes it was Prem whose build failed more or less instantly. Not positive but that was my understanding of the problem. In fairness the 6AT Step is a pretty tough box with the Alpina flash, it’ll hold maxed out hybrid twin torque which down low is pretty strong and abrupt.
    We max out the "torque" the transmission sees on the flash side these days. So it's all internal physical limitations. At least as far as I know.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,647.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I think the real issues is both the hardware and software working together..... If the TCU doesn't "know" there is new hardware, it wll shift based on OEM calibrations and eventually wear out the hardware (imo). I don't have actual proof of this... but alpina wouldn't have created a updated flash if it wasn't needed...and they only did it for higher hp/tq stockers
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  23. #98
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dallas TX
    Posts
    499
    Rep Points
    517.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    As I understood it, the fundamental issue was the TCU and mechatronics. You can swap in whatever hardware you’d like and the TCU simply recalibrates line pressure to what it “wants” to see, negating the $7K hardware you just put in the car. So it fails even if the hardware is theoretically up to the task. Yes it was Prem whose build failed more or less instantly. Not positive but that was my understanding of the problem. In fairness the 6AT Step is a pretty tough box with the Alpina flash, it’ll hold maxed out hybrid twin torque which down low is pretty strong and abrupt.
    I agree it is pretty stout but we are asking it to hold 200+ more hp and torque than it was designed to hold. I'm surprised there aren't more failures out there with as many hybrid turbos and aggressive tunes we run. Maybe some folks keep it dialed back but that's no fun for me. Lol

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    482
    Rep Points
    368.6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    anyone tried external trans cooler? does it help?

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    376
    Rep Points
    707.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I think the real issues is both the hardware and software working together..... If the TCU doesn't "know" there is new hardware, it wll shift based on OEM calibrations and eventually wear out the hardware (imo). I don't have actual proof of this... but alpina wouldn't have created a updated flash if it wasn't needed...and they only did it for higher hp/tq stockers
    Time to kickstarter a TCU hack project.
    2014 Audi S5. Black w/Black, DSG, Sport Diff, B&O sound, Nav/MMI. Stock for the moment...
    2011 335xi JB4, WW meth - retired
    2008 335xi JB3 - retired

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •