Close

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Beautiful curve, that dyno looks amazing. Nice spool and great power that does not drop off.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    @Terry@BMS when u will start build the trans, which company u will go for, level10??
    Looking at options now. May be forced to try them first.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Love the sound of that turbo. @Terry@BMS how do you think this turbo would do on a manual transmission car?
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    Love the sound of that turbo. @Terry@BMS how do you think this turbo would do on a manual transmission car?
    It would probably be great. Going to downgrade our E92 to this turbo or maybe just a 5858 depending on the costs involved.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It would probably be great. Going to downgrade our E92 to this turbo or maybe just a 5858 depending on the costs involved.
    I like the quick spool. I think it would be very hard to go from the stockers that spool so quick to a somewhat laggy (compared to stock) 6466 or likewise. And 600rw is plenty to have fun with!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

You should try comp turbo. I can get you any turbo for 1200$ my cost. Triple ball bearing and billet wheel.
    Bring like 800$ off cost from Precision for the same thing pretty much.

http://compturbo.com/products/turbos...illet/ct3-6062
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    You should try comp turbo. I can get you any turbo for 1200$ my cost. Triple ball bearing and billet wheel.
    Bring like 800$ off cost from Precision for the same thing pretty much.

http://compturbo.com/products/turbos...illet/ct3-6062
    Prevision has a proprietary vband flange it appears so that limits the options unless I decide to move the entire kit over to a top mount kit. Which is tempting. But honestly at the moment I'm thinking we'll throw the built motor in the 135i, put the 135i motor in the E92, and then just downgrade the E92 to a 5858, and call it a day.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Prevision has a proprietary vband flange it appears so that limits the options unless I decide to move the entire kit over to a top mount kit. Which is tempting. But honestly at the moment I'm thinking we'll throw the built motor in the 135i, put the 135i motor in the E92, and then just downgrade the E92 to a 5858, and call it a day.
    You are correct, when I was shopping around one of my stipulations was V-band, and that narrows selection immensely, plus Precision's V-band sizes are slightly different than "standard" biggest V-band turbos out there are Forced Performance and Precision, Garret you can get the GTX3582r, I think that's biggest they offer with v-band in an out. Just not sure what it would take to get a another brand turbo to bolt up.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Seems like a lot of jackin around. Heck since both motors are out build them both and call it a day!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Ohh yea, I forget PRecision does that weird $#@! on their vbads. I mean I can do anything. I got a totaly custom made turbo for m needs. They can make you what ever you want. It takes two weeks to custom make it.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Awesome results T. Spool is very nice. Gonna be monster at the track if you can get the trans to hold.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

You could push that turbo to 35psi if you wanted to Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    Seems like a lot of jackin around. Heck since both motors are out build them both and call it a day!
    We may. Or at least throw some forged pistons in the E92 motor keeping the rest of it OEM. A budget rebuild.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

We may. Or at least throw some forged pistons in the E92 motor keeping the rest of it OEM. A budget rebuild.
    That's a pretty good idea. Are you planning on any head work on either setup?
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Yes, the engine we ordered from FFTEC includes a ported head.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    You could push that turbo to 35psi if you wanted to Click here to enlarge
    lol, turbo might hold, but who knows if it would actually yield much more power on this motor, hell pushing to 28-29 psi may not yield much more on that same turbo.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    lol, turbo might hold, but who knows if it would actually yield much more power on this motor, hell pushing to 28-29 psi may not yield much more on that same turbo.
    It's hard to say. I found at the 22-23psi level the little filter I have on the turbo is a bit of a restriction. So I'll get the dremel out and make room for a larger one next. And perhaps explore higher boost levels on race gas instead of E85 to take the stress off the fuel system.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

It's hard to say. I found at the 22-23psi level the little filter I have on the turbo is a bit of a restriction. So I'll get the dremel out and make room for a larger one next. And perhaps explore higher boost levels on race gas instead of E85 to take the stress off the fuel system.
    Can't you mix e85 and 110?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @Terry
    How did the transmission hold up in the 550whp range? Would a transmission build be required for that, or did it hold up?

Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hey @Terry@BMS

We've made 738hp @42psi through that tiny filter on a 2.4L. Removal yeilded anour 12hp gain. Just a funfact. Click here to enlarge
    Engine Builder, Tuner, Installation Specialist

FFTEC Motorsports
    http://www.fftec.com

See what I am up to at the shop here:
    http://www.facebook.com/anthonyatfftec

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Anthony@FFTEC Click here to enlarge
    Hey @Terry@BMS

We've made 738hp @42psi through that tiny filter on a 2.4L. Removal yeilded anour 12hp gain. Just a funfact. Click here to enlarge
    I agree, with my cobalt SS as well. Filter and no filter made no difference on my 25g which is a tad bigger than the pte he has on now.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I'm really impressed with that little turbo so far, if you get 650whp out of it, that's just going to be awesome. How come you want to downsize the e92 turbo though? I thought the idea was big power on that guy?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I'm really impressed with that little turbo so far, if you get 650whp out of it, that's just going to be awesome. How come you want to downsize the e92 turbo though? I thought the idea was big power on that guy?
    When we first started with the single turbo project we thought we wanted 700whp in the e92. So the 6466 was the natural choice. And it is a great turbo. But after we got it running we found the car is more fun to drive at 600rw which is what we're running around with now. It's about the limit of traction, fueling is easier, and overall for how we use the car it's enough power. Since we're happy with the lower power levels we're thinking why not go get the low end back with a smaller turbo. And since I have both cars in the driveway I can really get a good back to back comparison between the 6466 kit and their new 5862 TS top mount. It's really no comparison for me. The 5862 kit is A LOT more fun. And if on race day we can push it to the limit like we've done with OEM turbos in the past and squeeze it up to 650rw that would just be icing on the cake. But even at 600rw it's fast enough.

Where the 6466 would really shine though is in those 1/2 mile races. The real hot ticket might be their 6466 in a twin scroll format. The TS is a real game changer IMHO. But I'll have to weight the costs vs. benefits there considering the 135i is going to be the main race car and the E92 is more of a nice daily driver type car. In any event if someone wants to buy a top notch bolt in single turbo kit TODAY then FFTEC is really the only choice. It's not the cheapest option but it's really beautiful stuff and very well supported.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 01-31-2014 at 01:11 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Anthony@FFTEC Click here to enlarge
    Hey @Terry@BMS

Interesting. Maybe just a red herring then. I'll look at it more closely next time it's on the dyno.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Interesting. Maybe just a red herring then. I'll look at it more closely next time it's on the dyno.
    Get some screens and put it in place of the filter and see if you gain anything from no filter.
    Burger Motorsports

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast