Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Question got some weird codes - thoughts?

I checked for codes because my car had been giving me a "service due" warning every time I started up. These popped up:

2DC3 Monitoring, terminal 15 (fault currently not present)
    2E8D Intelligent battery sensor, signal transmission (fault currently not present)
    2EE6 Coolant-temperature sensor, measurement range (fault currently not present)

Anything battery related scares me because of the battery cable issue I had a while ago. I'm going to be driving a few hundred miles in a couple days. Based on your experiences with these codes... what's the over/under my car is going to leave me stranded?
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    I checked for codes because my car had been giving me a "service due" warning every time I started up. These popped up:

2DC3 Monitoring, terminal 15 (fault currently not present)
    2E8D Intelligent battery sensor, signal transmission (fault currently not present)
    2EE6 Coolant-temperature sensor, measurement range (fault currently not present)

Anything battery related scares me because of the battery cable issue I had a while ago. I'm going to be driving a few hundred miles in a couple days. Based on your experiences with these codes... what's the over/under my car is going to leave me stranded?
    I have no idea what the Monitoring, Terminal 15 refers to, but all the other codes seem like the typical "clear them and see if they come back" codes. I'm willing to bet they codes were from when you had your turbos replaced, maybe they just forgot to clear them?

I wouldn't worry about it.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I had the top two frequently before the battery recall. My battery also went out soon after the recall, so I'm not sure if either was related but I haven't had the codes return in 6+ months now.

No idea on the coolant temp sensor. Could be going out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I had a coolant temp sensor code one time with my JB4. It was weird. Wasn't the sensor at all. I actually had to end up removing a wire from the JB4 harness and grounding it to the chassis. It took Terry and I all day to figure that one out. The other two definitely sound battery related. Whenever battery issues turn up, the car goes crazy. I always find all kinds of crazy codes.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I cleared the service code but it came back pretty fast. There hasn't been any other issues, no power flickering or anything of that nature... just the warning and the code. I'm going to chance it and take my car on this trip, fingers crossed it doesn't die..
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Honestly I think both top codes are related to the connection/voltage at the battery. The coolant sensor code, for any possible reason I can think of it turning on for, isn't going to leave you stranded. I'd say throw some jumper cables in the trunk just in case it is battery related and hit the road. Hopefully, somewhere warm.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I agree with V8Bait! Just bring some cables with you. I started getting funky codes when my battery was about to die on me. With those codes can't see you being stranded and not being able to get it running again. Have a safe and fun ride man. Also, the coolant code went away also when I replaced my battery. So I think it is a random code that can pop up from other issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Concur, seems battery/voltage related. Suggest charging overnight and clear codes, remove positive terminal and IBS and inspect for connection integrity. Also may want to check the dealer battery wire "recall" area and see if anything is in distress there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

thanks guys
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

2EE6 is likely from the grounding location of your procede. There is a DIY on n54tech on how to correct it.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

thanks
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    2EE6 is likely from the grounding location of your procede. There is a DIY on n54tech on how to correct it.
    Thread resurrection......

Just got this code cruising on the highway today. Saw your thread on N54tech but need to know the pin numbers on the white subconnector. Procede has different wire colours.