Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

BMS (Burger Tuning) F10 M5 S63TU preliminary Stage I testing and Dynojet graphs - 628 wheel horsepower

Was able to get out and do some prelimiary dyno testing. Granted, the car has only 200 miles on it. So much more will come.

Testing was done on ~94 octane with carbon filters removed. After the stock runs in 4th and 5th gear I did a few Stage1 tuned runs just for comparison. While the car makes more power in 5th on the dyno it hits the 155mph speed limiter at around 6200rpm. In 5th gear on the dyno the DCT also decided to lower its torque targets in the 4500rpm range. Since I mainly just wanted to get some baseline figures I didn't spend too much time digging in to what is going on there. But I saw similar behavior in our N55 DCT 135i before we were able to resolve it on the tuning end.

Net/net happy with the figures. Next up I'll do some VBOX runs and work on stronger tune development as my schedule permits.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Because racecar.
    At least it's a good answer but don't we want to see what this thing does right of the showroom floor?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good numbers!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn thats pretty f'in strong right out of the gate. Any chance you can put up the SAE Numbers? Vbox 60-130 will give us the best info

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    Damn thats pretty f'in strong right out of the gate. Any chance you can put up the SAE Numbers? Vbox 60-130 will give us the best info
    Yeah 60-130 is the main thing. And 1/4 mile traps. Shouldn't be too long for those. Planning on taking it to Famoso Saturday. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    At least it's a good answer but don't we want to see what this thing does right of the showroom floor?
    There are plenty of 100% stock runs. I was more interested in a realistic baseline to use as an evaluation for future tuning performance. Since I run ~93 octane most of the time along with the carbon filter delete no reason not to get them included in the baseline.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are plenty of 100% stock runs. I was more interested in a realistic baseline to use as an evaluation for future tuning performance. Since I run ~93 octane most of the time along with the carbon filter delete no reason not to get them included in the baseline.
    I've seen baselines vary quite a bit so I was curious what the Specialty Z Dynojet would say.

A 566 wheel baseline with charcoal delete and ~94 is pretty crazy.

Any idea why there is a torque spike down low which gives a big torque peak?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    On the spike just a DCT thing. Hopefully improves with a few more miles on it.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is awesome!!! Burger Motorsports FTMFW. I cant wait until the new M4 comes out. I'm over my 335 and ordered a 14 991S, but looking forward to the M4 tuning. I will always direct potential customers to you. Best of luck.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Minimal effort 1/4 mile run. This car is definitely pretty fast. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's not bad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    in real 1/4 mile it will pass at lower time, the Vbox reads high

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    in real 1/4 mile it will pass at lower time, the Vbox reads high
    Common knowledge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    128.8 is pretty good going for not "beating" it to death

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    These numbers are not normal! Congrats Terry on the M5! Glad to see you in a M car Click here to enlarge I hope i jump into a M6 CG down the road and start working with you again T.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Can't wait to start working with you again terry. My N54 Has been gone for a little more then 4+ years. hope to see you in the f10 game

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great results. The potential is getting better every day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Next up I'll be adding in ER racing downpipes and getting back to the dyno to evaluate the gains.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Next up I'll be adding in ER racing downpipes and getting back to the dyno to evaluate the gains.
    Excellent.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Common knowledge.
    the real 1/4 mile is, 11.49@126.72, so the vbox reads high. by the way i sold my vbox after 2days from buying it, it's not accurate

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    the real 1/4 mile is, 11.49@126.72, so the vbox reads high. by the way i sold my vbox after 2days from buying it, it's not accurate
    Actually, it's spot on perfect. This is what the VBOX recorded during that 11.49@126.67 run.. 11.52@126.72. The thing is you need to use the right site to interpret the VBOX file. You can't just go off a photo of the VBOX or the iPhone app because they read absolute traps rather than an average of the last 60'. So you get traps about 1mph inflated. You need this verified file from vboxtools.com to get a realistic trap. I just didn't bother posting it above as we're so early in testing.

Now note at the track slope is only -.189%. The program allows up to a -1% slope for a valid 1/4 mile time. So if you test in a non-level surface then you can easily get a better time. Not to mention you can test in optimal conditions where no real track would ever be open. So take VBOX times with a grain of salt but if they post a verified file like this then it's as close to legit as it can be outside of a real timeslip.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 02-03-2014 at 12:41 AM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    whats the downpipe install like? is it as easy as the N54?
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    whats the downpipe install like? is it as easy as the N54?
    I hear harder, actually. I'll let ER do it for me... Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hear harder, actually. I'll let ER do it for me... Click here to enlarge
    I know your a busy guy, but I would be nice to have a DIY for this. I don't think I have seen one for the new M5 yet.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.