Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Good first map to try on BB flash

I am going to have someone flash my girlfriend's 335i, I was thinking of getting an appropriate laptop and BT cable but I have someone who is willing to flash me so i am gonna give that a shot before i take the plunge and try to get an idea of the process. I was thinking of using one of the shiv stage 1 maps to start out. Car is a bone stock 07 6mt with 45k on it? Think that will be a decent place to start or is there another map that i should consider? Thanks in advance

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by manbeer Click here to enlarge
    I am going to have someone flash my girlfriend's 335i, I was thinking of getting an appropriate laptop and BT cable but I have someone who is willing to flash me so i am gonna give that a shot before i take the plunge and try to get an idea of the process. I was thinking of using one of the shiv stage 1 maps to start out. Car is a bone stock 07 6mt with 45k on it? Think that will be a decent place to start or is there another map that i should consider? Thanks in advance
    I would flash stage 0 for a bone stock car on 93. My personal opinion is that the stage 1 map would be suitable for a car with DCI & Downpipes.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thanks, better safe than sorry!

will try stage 0

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd also recommend stage 0 on a stock car. Tried stage 1 on a stock Z4 with DCT, yes it was a huge change but to aggresive imo. On cold nights he also saw CEL's (fuel pressure codes).
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Make sure the person flashing has flashed a 2007 specifically before. They are more difficult than the other years and don't work with all computers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Make sure the person flashing has flashed a 2007 specifically before. They are more difficult than the other years and don't work with all computers.
    Thanks for the heads up. I will ask him.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Quick question, would this stg 0 flash be any different then having a piggyback? I currently have a procede piggyback. If I were to run this flash I would need to switch to map 0 right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nvm I answered my own question, yes it stg 0 is suppose to emulate piggybacks but this stg is for those who have no mods installed. I have also read people also running stg 1 on their stock cars and people have not been having problem with those either, but it was recommended that you have a dci and intercooler if you want to see the real benefits of stg 1 but again it was said it was not needed. One person did say that their oem stock charge blew off but that was with him flashed with stg 0 and he upgraded his charge pipe which resolved the issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They don't emulate piggybacks, it's a totally different approach. It's like cobb in that the flash modifies the tables in the computer to make the car faster, where piggybacks when used alone modify sensor values to trick the car to go faster. You don't want to use stage 0 or 1 with a piggyback really, you might get strange results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They don't emulate piggybacks, it's a totally different approach. It's like cobb in that the flash modifies the tables in the computer to make the car faster, where piggybacks when used alone modify sensor values to trick the car to go faster. You don't want to use stage 0 or 1 with a piggyback really, you might get strange results.
    Yes that was what I actually was trying to say, but it should be ok to run a flash if you have the piggyback set to map 0 right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe with the procede, with the JB4 map 0 turns the JB4 off and locks the wastegate duty cycle, so it's not quite the same.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    UPDATE:

Had the flash done saturday by Alex from TNT Racewerks on Long Island. He's a super cool guy and very experienced w the bimmerboost flashes so I would highly recommend anyone in the Tristate who doesn't feel comfortable doing this themselves check him out

The initial read took 1 hour and 3 minutes on a macbook running windows 8

The write took 8 minutes

Pretty damn good for an 07 imo

Running Shiv's Map 0. It is a good map for a Daily driver that wants a bit more. This car had a very laggy factory software and this took care of that. Powerband is broad and well balanced. It falls off a bit faster than i would like but pulls well from 2-6k. Overall it feels like the car should have come from the factory but i am not blown away by it. It is VERY smooth though

Putting on my flame suit here, but my other car came with dinan software (stage 2) and it feels stronger than this one, especially up top. I am going to have to pull the jb i stacked and put them head to head once the snow clears. I know dinan tunes are very conservative but the boost levels should be close. That being said, it's a good map for daily driving on a stock car but i find the gains stated doubtful

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    What u pay to have flash done?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    UPDATE:

Had the flash done saturday by Alex from TNT Racewerks on Long Island. He's a super cool guy and very experienced w the bimmerboost flashes so I would highly recommend anyone in the Tristate who doesn't feel comfortable doing this themselves check him out

The initial read took 1 hour and 3 minutes on a macbook running windows 8

The write took 8 minutes

Pretty damn good for an 07 imo

Running Shiv's Map 0. It is a good map for a Daily driver that wants a bit more. This car had a very laggy factory software and this took care of that. Powerband is broad and well balanced. It falls off a bit faster than i would like but pulls well from 2-6k. Overall it feels like the car should have come from the factory but i am not blown away by it. It is VERY smooth though

Putting on my flame suit here, but my other car came with dinan software (stage 2) and it feels stronger than this one, especially up top. I am going to have to pull the jb i stacked and put them head to head once the snow clears. I know dinan tunes are very conservative but the boost levels should be close. That being said, it's a good map for daily driving on a stock car but i find the gains stated doubtful
    From what I've heard the stage 0 has remapped and aggressive low throttle targets and a pretty non-linear feel to it. Boost happy down low makes a car feel more gutless up top even if it's not. It would be an interesting comparison though! I don't even think I've seen any stock car stage 0 dyno's from the wild.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hierlevelz Click here to enlarge
    What u pay to have flash done?
    Until I have his ok I'd rather not say, but it was about as good a deal as you could imagine. If you are in the area I highly recommend contacting him

From what I've heard the stage 0 has remapped and aggressive low throttle targets and a pretty non-linear feel to it. Boost happy down low makes a car feel more gutless up top even if it's not. It would be an interesting comparison though! I don't even think I've seen any stock car stage 0 dyno's from the wild.
    You know, that makes a ton of sense. Its sort of how the stock mapping on our r56 mini felt. Tons of balls down low and quick to fizzle out. Its a night and day difference over the laggy stock software this car had though. I have driven quite a few n54s and this one was always like a slug. Now its quite livable. Gonna get fmic and dci's eventually and go stage 1.
    At that point itll be fine for the girlfriends car and I can worry about mine!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Notice any change in gas mileage?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vic18t Click here to enlarge
    @manbeer

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm pretty much integrated with the Procede and their meth kit but I did buy a BT cable. Any idea if these flashes will work seamlessly with the Procede and what changes I may need to make. Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pits200 Click here to enlarge
    I'm pretty much integrated with the Procede and their meth kit but I did buy a BT cable. Any idea if these flashes will work seamlessly with the Procede and what changes I may need to make. Thanks

There is a procede fuel flash that you can download from the Vishnu site. It is meant to be used as a backend flash for procede users, and that is what you will want to flash. Follow the directions included in the zip folder on which changes to make via the procede user tuning interface, i think its just AFR bias settings, but i cant recall.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can use the vishnu flash along with the BB software. I thought it was developed to work with the OFT that they were selling people on?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can use the vishnu flash along with the BB software. I thought it was developed to work with the OFT that they were selling people on?
    The tablet is just a flashing tool just like this software is with the right hardware.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Appreciate it, I wasn't sure if Vish somehow put some proprietary junk on their tunes that would make it non-compatible with other flashing software. I understand that an xdf file is an xdf file regardless of software to load it.

Guess I'll need to do some research as I'm not sure what the difference is between the fuel xdf files and the different stage files? Since I want to use the piggy for boost control and meth while using a flash to handle everything else like afrs, etc... Appreciate the help

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Appreciate it, I wasn't sure if Vish somehow put some proprietary junk on their tunes that would make it non-compatible with other flashing software. I understand that an xdf file is an xdf file regardless of software to load it.

Guess I'll need to do some research as I'm not sure what the difference is between the fuel xdf files and the different stage files? Since I want to use the piggy for boost control and meth while using a flash to handle everything else like afrs, etc... Appreciate the help
    Guys around here here can point you in the right direction.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vic18t Click here to enlarge
    Nothing significant. I was at 20.8 overall and im down to 20.6 now, but I feel like we've been pushing the car harder. If anything I would say the same or slightly better

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Actually the .XDF is just a list of locations and scaling specific to your car's operating system (IJA0S, I8A0S etc). The BIN is your tune, it is what you read and write and customize. It's basically just a file, it means nothing, unless you translate it with the XDF through a program like TunerPro (or others) which all the sudden gives meaning to a very small amount of that BIN file that we understand. You have the idea though.