Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    We have all the equipment needed to do this!! All we have to do is work out our schedules.
    I'm just north of you guys and would be wiliing to pitch in some cash to get mine done as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    I'm just north of you guys and would be wiliing to pitch in some cash to get mine done as well.
    Sure thing. You will also have to supply/source your own gasket set ect.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ah gasket ... another thing I forgot to buy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Awesome, not a problem on the gaskets. Just let me know when works for you guys and ill make it work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Awesome, not a problem on the gaskets. Just let me know when works for you guys and ill make it work.
    Will do.
    We have 4 cars lined up including yours.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Not the seafoam/intake cleaner debate again... how many times does it have to be proven to not work on a DI cars valves...

I'm sure it "helps", maybe it takes off 1% of the carbon deposits. Maybe it cleans the combustion chamber slightly or some loose carbon off the injectors inside the chamber. But to anybody who honestly believes it's an acceptable alternative to blasting or a good scrub with a gun cleaning kit is just plain wrong. This has been proven time and time again. Find the threads of guys who did these then took the manifold off, still looks like somebody took a carbon dump on their intake valves. Ask the people who have let the cleaners sit for hours on closed valves with the intake off to come back and find the deposits are still rock hard and not budging or even getting loosened up. These things are great for port fueled cars, but not DI.

/endrant

Just blast them. It's not difficult, just time consuming the first time.
    I don't know what seafoam is the stuff I use I buy straight from Subaru, never had any sort of o2 sensor issues and its always works if I could justify charging people hundreds of dollars to remove the manifold and do it manually that woild be much better for business but I don't need to with this stuff. after 20+ years of being a mechanic and engine builder I would much rather regularly use the Subaru stuff than blast foreign material into my engine is all im saying

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Valves closed, vacuum on, no material possibly getting into motor. Walnut blast is the only route on the direct injection BMW motor.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by APC Australia Click here to enlarge
    I don't know what seafoam is the stuff I use I buy straight from Subaru, never had any sort of o2 sensor issues and its always works if I could justify charging people hundreds of dollars to remove the manifold and do it manually that woild be much better for business but I don't need to with this stuff. after 20+ years of being a mechanic and engine builder I would much rather regularly use the Subaru stuff than blast foreign material into my engine is all im saying

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Take a car that's never had a valve cleaning in 40k miles that is suffering some symptoms. Do your cleaning, then remove the intake and take pictures. If you are right I'll take back my words.

And those words are that you are mistaken. I value your experience and knowledge I'm sure it's vast, but it happens to everyone. DI issues have only been around for a few years, so your 20 years experience doesn't translate directly and I'm sorry to be so blunt but you are giving false hope. Go ahead though and prove me any everybody on this platform wrong from owners to engineers that support the walnut blasting for DI platforms on this and other turbo DI engines, we would ALL be VERY thankful. It's not that you're doing any harm to your customers, but just know that you are hardly doing them any good either by "saving" them money.

Harsh truth, I know. Sorry about that bro.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Not the seafoam/intake cleaner debate again... how many times does it have to be proven to not work on a DI cars valves...

I'm sure it "helps", maybe it takes off 1% of the carbon deposits. Maybe it cleans the combustion chamber slightly or some loose carbon off the injectors inside the chamber. But to anybody who honestly believes it's an acceptable alternative to blasting or a good scrub with a gun cleaning kit is just plain wrong. This has been proven time and time again. Find the threads of guys who did these then took the manifold off, still looks like somebody took a carbon dump on their intake valves. Ask the people who have let the cleaners sit for hours on closed valves with the intake off to come back and find the deposits are still rock hard and not budging or even getting loosened up. These things are great for port fueled cars, but not DI.

/endrant

Just blast them. It's not difficult, just time consuming the first time.
    Didnt think about that. I have a c63. Port injection + sea foam = Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

We have all the equipment needed to do this!! All we have to do is work out our schedules.
    Dude, I'm half retarded. I forgot you got all the stuff already omg... Bro we have to do this before OCC LOL I'll buy the walnuts!! LMAO
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    before and after when i did it ….. a spray in cleaner will not help when its gone to long. too lazy to rotate pics sry

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Take a car that's never had a valve cleaning in 40k miles that is suffering some symptoms. Do your cleaning, then remove the intake and take pictures. If you are right I'll take back my words.

And those words are that you are mistaken. I value your experience and knowledge I'm sure it's vast, but it happens to everyone. DI issues have only been around for a few years, so your 20 years experience doesn't translate directly and I'm sorry to be so blunt but you are giving false hope. Go ahead though and prove me any everybody on this platform wrong from owners to engineers that support the walnut blasting for DI platforms on this and other turbo DI engines, we would ALL be VERY thankful. It's not that you're doing any harm to your customers, but just know that you are hardly doing them any good either by "saving" them money.

Harsh truth, I know. Sorry about that bro.
    If its not been done in 40,000miles that's just plain neglect, here it is done from new to stop these issues from happening.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

gaskets are not necessary , I hardly would say 40,000 without cleaning valves is neglect there are people who go much longer trust me I have done 7 of them . as v8bait said there is no substitute for the walnut blasting .I doubt you could maintain with the seafoam unless you were treating it every 5,000

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ging Click here to enlarge
    before and after when i did it ….. a spray in cleaner will not help when its gone to long. too lazy to rotate pics sry

wow. it has been great.
    How to you cleaned it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

are you talking about the subaru injector cleaner?

wouldn't clean the valves at all if that's what you're talking about

literally the only way to stop the carbon buildup is by installing port injection/flowing bulk meth.. and the only way to clean it is abrading it.. you could wire brush it by hand if you really wanted to i guess haha

all DI VAG motors have the same issue.

every 50kkm sounds pretty reasonable to me, it's just robbing power and smoothness and fuel consumption.

it's burnt on oil via PCV (though OCC's i dont think have been shown to REALLY help with it) and byproducts from combustion, since the DI doesn't have cleaning fuel flowing over the valves.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Details!! I want to do mine!

Props!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Blaster + shop vac + rad hose till bmw tool showed up

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cupra Click here to enlarge
    wow. it has been great.
    How to you cleaned it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Blaster + shop vac + rad hose till bmw tool showed up

Click here to enlarge
    I wanna a kit!
    Where to buy in Europe? And what type of sand used for?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The links wreckz post are good. Don't use sand it can damage to the valves and seats. 0.5 mm crushed walnut is what I used.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cupra Click here to enlarge
    I wanna a kit!
    Where to buy in Europe? And what type of sand used for?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12