Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    100% correct just providing something else to think about. I'd love to see the rs7 vs m6 vs 4matic e63 s go at it quarter mile and roll on racing. I wouldn't count out the Benz or Audi they have monster power but if the m6 had the competition package as it should id bet my money on it winning the roll race.
    surprisingly it looks like the Audi 4.0 has the best bolt on potential.
    Honestly for the M6 to stand a chance it needs drag rubber in the quarter mile scenario.

The M6 should win the roll race especially with the competition package. So even though the M6 doesn't have all wheel drive thanks to that it's the only one that has a dual clutch.

Well, then there is also the Panamera. Porsche should be commended for offering PDK, a twin turbo V8, and all wheel drive.

Agreed, looks like the Audi motor is strongest tune only. Heh, wasn't someone saying how the 4.0's sucked because of their small displacement? Funny how that worked out.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The BMW shift time quote for the SMG III isn't the whole story. It only tells the time of the actual gear change but doesn't take into account the time for the clutch being let in , then the gear change, and finally the clutch out. Which is total time of torque loss which should really be counted. The m5/m6 have been tested with equipment to have a total shift time of almost 200 milliseconds.

The mct in the AMG's has a TOTAL shift time In under 100 milliseconds. I've had a lot of seat time in my cousins bolt on m6 and extended seat time in my fathers murcielago with e gear. The MCT shifts considerably quicker then both. In both the SMG and E gear you feel the loss of torque as your head goes forward and then back as torque comes back. This feeling is almost non existinct in the MCT. I need to give you a ride in it to feel it and now with the weistec valve body/ TCU tune I did it's crazy fast.
    @Sticky also look at other recent test you've put up like the motor trend test. The Cls 63 and Audi rs7 both did 0-100 in 8 flat quicker then the BMW here. The Benz was .2 slower to 60 then the rs7 and still made it to 100 in the same time while out trapping it by 2 mph showing it's faster uptop. The 4matic has shown to be faster the rwd Benz can't put that torque down to the pavement with 285's
    Did you drive the SMg in S6 with traction off? Honestly my car felt as quick shift wise, but at those shift speeds its hard to tell if it felt really faster then the MCT.. 1 thing i didnt like about the MCT was that it was a lil slow to my upshift and downshift commands, not as connected as the SMG. Its possible that the slow response to my shift command and the car executing it made me think it was slower, not sure.
    I havent seen any data on the SMG3 showing that or the MCT showing the same data, i just remember reading that MCT was rated at 100MS.

But once this weather clears, i want shotgun in your 63 to feel how that MCT is.. Is your MCT tuned?

Non the less, the SMG is 8 yrs old tech like i said and i didnt feel like the MCT was more better in performance wise, maybe i didnt have enough seat time, who knows.
    Its a shame non the less to go into this next gen and not have DCT for this car, and its rival, the M3 has had it in now 2 gens of its cars. Even the a45 has DCT lol. As much as i love my SMG, and driven some awesomely quick autos, the M3/M5 DCT its juss so simple, seamless and quick through the shifts. Interestingly enough, the M5 DCT i drove felt a bit slower then the M3's DCT, maybe the extra tq or weight of the M5 has slowed down its shift a bit to cope with it.

If i had to get rid of my M5 down the road, it looks like it would be for this C63 V8 turbo coming up spec wise compared to the M3, but of course, driving and butt dyno is the final decision between the two.If this C63 had DCT it would be a done deal lol.
    ///M5 LCI
    "It's like the F10 is the 911 Turbo to the E60's GT3" -Pistonheads (M5 feature)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5soko Click here to enlarge
    Did you drive the SMg in S6 with traction off? Honestly my car felt as quick shift wise, but at those shift speeds its hard to tell if it felt really faster then the MCT.. 1 thing i didnt like about the MCT was that it was a lil slow to my upshift and downshift commands, not as connected as the SMG. Its possible that the slow response to my shift command and the car executing it made me think it was slower, not sure.
    I havent seen any data on the SMG3 showing that or the MCT showing the same data, i just remember reading that MCT was rated at 100MS.

But once this weather clears, i want shotgun in your 63 to feel how that MCT is.. Is your MCT tuned?

Non the less, the SMG is 8 yrs old tech like i said and i didnt feel like the MCT was more better in performance wise, maybe i didnt have enough seat time, who knows.
    Its a shame non the less to go into this next gen and not have DCT for this car, and its rival, the M3 has had it in now 2 gens of its cars. Even the a45 has DCT lol. As much as i love my SMG, and driven some awesomely quick autos, the M3/M5 DCT its juss so simple, seamless and quick through the shifts. Interestingly enough, the M5 DCT i drove felt a bit slower then the M3's DCT, maybe the extra tq or weight of the M5 has slowed down its shift a bit to cope with it.

If i had to get rid of my M5 down the road, it looks like it would be for this C63 V8 turbo coming up spec wise compared to the M3, but of course, driving and butt dyno is the final decision between the two.If this C63 had DCT it would be a done deal lol.
    Yes Def had it in traction off in M6 mode with all bars filled up instead of the last one missing with traction control left on ! He had a vert but it was bad ass full meisterschaft titanium exhaust, headers, pulley and tune she was a rocket and sounded insane. I agree the response of the paddles on the SMG was much better it really baffles me how AMG messed up the response time with something so simple it has to be software related issues. Ive noticed when using the shift knob it responds much faster than the paddles but then you want to keep both hands on the wheel when your dealing with all this power going thru the rear wheels with traction off.

I also had extended seat time in the murci with the trans on Sport mode which had a very similar shift to the SMG. The MCT imo is faster then both in shift time and to truly experience the speed without the paddle delay fkin it up you have to put it into Sport+ mode select the gear you want to start in and let the car shift itself its basically instant. I understand how the paddle delay messes it up but if you feel it in sport + or as a passenger with a good timed shift its fast as $#&* !

Yes now the trans is tuned as well the hardware improvement of the valve body being upgraded to put more pressure, faster on the clutches. VERY FAST shifts i also got the renntech 82mm throttle bodies on it so it pulls hard up top. This weather messed everything up but we will meet up soon no doubt & you can try it out for yourself to truly feel it !

I agree if AMG gets the weight relatively close to the M3 and figures out the paddle delay then i think your going to have much more bolt on potential with the AMG and with the way theyve been building chassis/suspension lately just as good of a car to run through the canyons. Call me crazy but im leaning towards keeping my car the way it is N/A to hold onto for a while as its a dying breed and possibly picking up a C7 Z06 ... its currently #1 on my list but I have about another year until that decision is made we shall see

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    BS. Clear advertising for BMW. I have personally seen what the E63 does to an M6 here in Qatar and it is absolutely the opposite. Pathetic video

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Even after all that $#@! he talked on Ferrari?

I don't understand why he's popular though. The first 10 minutes of the video are basically worthless. It's like listening to a girl talk about how she feels about cars. Why sit through that? Show me what they do.

I like Chris Harris FWIW
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

The JAG is truly VULGAR, loud, obnoxious... kind of like a refined Moostang

and "I love it Chief"

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I love the m6 , I've never driven one but when you see them on the road it's really really good looking. BMW hit a home run in the styling dept IMO. Much better than the old m6. I don't know how anyone that has driven the dct would pick a Mercedes. The m6 is the complete package IMO, I agree with Chris
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    BS. Clear advertising for BMW. I have personally seen what the E63 does to an M6 here in Qatar and it is absolutely the opposite. Pathetic video
    Conspiracy theory FTW!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I don't know how anyone that has driven the dct would pick a Mercedes. The m6 is the complete package IMO, I agree with Chris
    Maybe someone that doesn't want to spend another $22,000 over the E63.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge

We had an M6... bloody supertanker sized "sports" salooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnn..... did not like it

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well they don't directly compete... The cls does and is closer in price. Mercedes needs a different trans IMO
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Well they don't directly compete... The cls does and is closer in price. Mercedes needs a different trans IMO
    Even then the CLS63 is a $16k difference. I would take the CLS63, just because I think it looks better. But styling is subjective. All the cars in this segment are amazing. I could see why someone would buy either of them, including the Jag and Audi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes Def had it in traction off in M6 mode with all bars filled up instead of the last one missing with traction control left on ! He had a vert but it was bad ass full meisterschaft titanium exhaust, headers, pulley and tune she was a rocket and sounded insane. I agree the response of the paddles on the SMG was much better it really baffles me how AMG messed up the response time with something so simple it has to be software related issues. Ive noticed when using the shift knob it responds much faster than the paddles but then you want to keep both hands on the wheel when your dealing with all this power going thru the rear wheels with traction off.

I also had extended seat time in the murci with the trans on Sport mode which had a very similar shift to the SMG. The MCT imo is faster then both in shift time and to truly experience the speed without the paddle delay fkin it up you have to put it into Sport+ mode select the gear you want to start in and let the car shift itself its basically instant. I understand how the paddle delay messes it up but if you feel it in sport + or as a passenger with a good timed shift its fast as $#&* !

Yes now the trans is tuned as well the hardware improvement of the valve body being upgraded to put more pressure, faster on the clutches. VERY FAST shifts i also got the renntech 82mm throttle bodies on it so it pulls hard up top. This weather messed everything up but we will meet up soon no doubt & you can try it out for yourself to truly feel it !

I agree if AMG gets the weight relatively close to the M3 and figures out the paddle delay then i think your going to have much more bolt on potential with the AMG and with the way theyve been building chassis/suspension lately just as good of a car to run through the canyons. Call me crazy but im leaning towards keeping my car the way it is N/A to hold onto for a while as its a dying breed and possibly picking up a C7 Z06 ... its currently #1 on my list but I have about another year until that decision is made we shall see
    Yea id love to see how your car shifts tuned and modded from the pass seat, and yes the feeling of shifting speed probably was ruined by the delay.
    Hopefully this weather gets better man and we can get this meeting happening!

I think for now im gonna hold onto the M5, tune should be coming soon, and long tube headers by the end of the year. Slowly modding and doing my research. Going from 2 335i's for past 6 years on the turbo life. NA/top end power with no heat soak and tuning issues is too much fun now!
    OO C7 is always on the list! badass car!
    ///M5 LCI
    "It's like the F10 is the 911 Turbo to the E60's GT3" -Pistonheads (M5 feature)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    You're wrong.

How is it a pathetic video? What is an E63 supposed to do versus the M5/M6? The M5/M6 is underrated and has a dual clutch. What happened in the video is what should happen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Then there is the M5 for that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Then there is the M5 for that.
    More proof how ridiculously overpriced the M6GC is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    More proof how ridiculously overpriced the M6GC is.
    Luxury toys aren't cheap.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sick vid

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Luxury toys aren't cheap.
    I agree. Beside styling, what exactly makes up the $22,000 premium over the M5.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree. Beside styling, what exactly makes up the $22,000 premium over the M5.
    BMW saying so. I have no idea.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Honestly, I want to root for BMW, but I'm just not a fan of the gran coupe.. the e63 looks way more... well balanced to me. I would buy a m6 coupe though over a e63 but.. man the prices on e63s are decent

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You're wrong.

He's Right bro!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
    He's Right bro!
    I don't know why people are having trouble believing the data.

The M5/M6 dyno more than the E63. They have a dual clutch. The comparison tests show the M5/M6 with the higher trap speeds.

If some guys want to delude themselves and think the 63 somehow easily beats the M5/M6 there is no way to logically reason with them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Hey @5soko though this vid was interesting its a tune only e63 racing gintanis shop m6 that put out 700 whp. The e63 wins but what is more interesting is you can see here the MCT in the Benz is shifting faster then the smgIII in the m6. You see they are tight in gear but each time the m6 shifts it loses considerable ground while the e63's shifts are almost instantaneous. Thought you'd be interested in this !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast