Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Spilling the Beans - PTF LPFP Upgrade Available?

Saw this on their facebook page. This is the upgrade I have hopefully been waiting for. I just hope it's not necessary to relocate the pump.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Looks like they are just showing off their track cars fuel cell and fuel system.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I know they have been working on a drop in replacement so hopefully this is the announcement I have been waiting for.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

that does not look like a drop in replacement to me lol
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    Saw this on their facebook page. This is the upgrade I have hopefully been waiting for. I just hope it's not necessary to relocate the pump.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...59f8ee70-1.png
    This is their dedicated race car, that car has a system similar to the one on our shop car running a return style setup, except they are running a fuel cell and has been on that car for a while. They may have taken that and used it to create a drop in fuel bucket, that I do not know, but that system in the picture is not new. Its a badass system though, I checked it out when we all went to Bimmerfest.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Looks great but if they release a WORKING high pressure pump upgrade they can probably sell a few thousand of them. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

That's just the shop car's setup. There is a lot of good stuff coming, though Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Looks great but if they release a WORKING high pressure pump upgrade they can probably sell a few thousand of them. Click here to enlarge
    as I said we will have a working HPFP solution testing on a car within 60 days. How long after testing if takes to produce and sell it is another thing. But were just about there already as far as a prototype. We will let it speak for itself once it's tested. Looking forward to being able to run 100% E85 all the time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    as I said we will have a working HPFP solution testing on a car within 60 days. How long after testing if takes to produce and sell it is another thing. But were just about there already as far as a prototype. We will let it speak for itself once it's tested. Looking forward to being able to run 100% E85 all the time.
    a drop in LPFP upgrade along with a working HPFP upgrade would be huge!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Wouldn't be surprised if they're using the CPE billet top hat instead of the OEM one.... CPE is in MD and Jake isn't that far away. Would be interesting to see if they did something to compensate for the higher voltage demand of running parallel, higher power pumps.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    If this works it's going to be epic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Fore Innovations has an N54 fuel tank, both buckets and lines I sent them almost a year ago now, I was paying them to build us a billet drop in bucket with single or dual pumps. No progress was ever made and I had other fish to fry and just dumped it. Sometimes its how things go. In my opinion the LPFP side of things is an easy fix so I wasn't that concerned.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

In my opinion the LPFP side of things is an easy fix so I wasn't that concerned.
    +1

Anxiously awaiting a HPFP solution.
    E92 N54 3368lbs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Fore Innovations has an N54 fuel tank, both buckets and lines I sent them almost a year ago now, I was paying them to build us a billet drop in bucket with single or dual pumps. No progress was ever made and I had other fish to fry and just dumped it. Sometimes its how things go. In my opinion the LPFP side of things is an easy fix so I wasn't that concerned.
    That's depressing. I would definitely rather go with a dual pump in tank setup much over that of the inline setup, like twin walbros or twin bosch 044s,

or hopefully when guys are making huge power like the supra guys with no limit on HPFP fueling (or maybe DI/port-injection combination), triple LPFPs will be the upgrade to do!

There I go dreaming again...Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

If it works I'll take 2. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

That's what she said?

Why is this such a reflex...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

+1

Add me to the list. Just 1 though pl0x.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    That picture is a setup from our 135i race car that we have been doing PTF single turbo testing on so far. We are also working on an in-tank drop in bucket solution. We've actually been working on this for some time now. In terms of timelines we really hate to give any dates as we're working with various technology partners and deadlines/estimates are not something set in stone. We are certainly doing everything we can to ensure a quality product for anything we end up releasing to the general public and as such not only does it need to be designed and fabricated but it also has to be put through its paces. Depending on the product that testing may need less/more time in testing prior to release to ensure all bases are/have been covered.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aa87 Click here to enlarge
    That's depressing. I would definitely rather go with a dual pump in tank setup much over that of the inline setup, like twin walbros or twin bosch 044s,
    That's exactly what CPE sells for the Coyote 5.0 Mustangs...
    Click here to enlarge

Billet Aluminum Fuel Hat, space for 3 Walrbo 400 or 255s, integrated merge, -10 AN feed. I'd be happy with a fuel hat that just holds 2 pumps & the same fittings.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yup that's very nice. Evos have been running dual in tank pumps on the aftermarket hanger forever.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    That picture is a setup from our 135i race car that we have been doing PTF single turbo testing on so far. We are also working on an in-tank drop in bucket solution. We've actually been working on this for some time now. In terms of timelines we really hate to give any dates as we're working with various technology partners and deadlines/estimates are not something set in stone. We are certainly doing everything we can to ensure a quality product for anything we end up releasing to the general public and as such not only does it need to be designed and fabricated but it also has to be put through its paces. Depending on the product that testing may need less/more time in testing prior to release to ensure all bases are/have been covered.
    I'll take one please!

maybe two, haha.

2014 is shaping up to be at least as good a year for the N54 as 2013 was Click here to enlarge

OT: have you done any more testing on your solid engine mounts?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    That's exactly what CPE sells for the Coyote 5.0 Mustangs...
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...01/20113-1.jpg

Billet Aluminum Fuel Hat, space for 3 Walrbo 400 or 255s, integrated merge, -10 AN feed. I'd be happy with a fuel hat that just holds 2 pumps & the same fittings.
    uhghhhh, yes please, just give me one of these -_-
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    I'll take one please!

maybe two, haha.

2014 is shaping up to be at least as good a year for the N54 as 2013 was Click here to enlarge

OT: have you done any more testing on your solid engine mounts?
    Solid mounts have seen testing for many months now with multiple track events and work as expected. We've got another shop car (a street driven E90 335i LCI) getting the PTF single turbo treatment with our solid mounts in place for additional DD/street testing.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Solid mounts have seen testing for many months now with multiple track events and work as expected. We've got another shop car (a street driven E90 335i LCI) getting the PTF single turbo treatment with our solid mounts in place for additional DD/street testing.
    would be good to hear how it goes on the street since NVH isn't much of a thought on a track car haha
    boop