Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

^^^ sorry, I got all my numbers mixed up.

FBO tuned e92 m3 made 355whp SAE- pump gas
    ESS m3 at 7-8 psi not 6- Made 540whp SAE- pump and race mix
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    It's not at all that bad bro. A stock e92 m3 dynod and hit 360whp so I'd say it's right on the money. Remember @Sticky Terry dynod at specialty and hit 450whp with same mods as me with 50% ethanol content. I hit 465 whp with full e85.
    Yeah it's not bad it's just happy Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    ^^^ sorry, I got all my numbers mixed up.

FBO tuned e92 m3 made 355whp SAE- pump gas
    ESS m3 at 7-8 psi not 6- Made 540whp SAE- pump and race mix
    What, FBO E92 M3 355 whp? Something is wrong with that car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

lol, comparing EAS dyno to specialty Z is actually fairly on point. Me thinks the specialty Z dyno reads fairly high as well... No offense to any of the tuners here, but its in their best interest to use a "happy" dyno.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    lol, comparing EAS dyno to specialty Z is actually fairly on point. Me thinks the specialty Z dyno reads fairly high as well... No offense to any of the tuners here, but its in their best interest to use a "happy" dyno.
    I've been using the Specialty Z dyno for almost 15 years when it was first owned by LAPD (the corvette shop) and its always been very consistent to me. But at the end of the day a dyno is just a meaningless number. The track times & rolling races are what count. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    A "happy dyno" is the definition of a dynojet.

Specialty Z was the same facility used to dyno the 700whp Gintani M6. Everyone just drooled over those results.

But if a stock turbo N54 puts down good numbers... Oh, must be a happy dyno lol

FWIW, I put down 460whp/510wtq on Specialty Z's dyno running Map 7 with E60.

The numbers are in line with what you should be putting down with a healthy car in kill mode.
    Click here to enlarge
    460whp/510wtq tuned by Terry

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MAC335 Click here to enlarge
    Specialty Z was the same facility used to dyno the 700whp Gintani M6. Everyone just drooled over those results.
    Gintani backs the numbers up on their own Dyno Dynamics. They post on the Dynojet because people are obsessed with peak numbers and it's too difficult to explain to idiots how dynos differ and why 500 whp on one can be more another.

The Specialty Z dyno reads about what a Dynojet should.

The EAS Dynojet reads a little higher from what I've seen. Regardless, we all know why Dynojets are used because they provide the highest numbers.

Also, their graphs are nice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

The numbers are in line with what you should be putting down with a healthy car in kill mode.
    Dynojet's aren't JUST used because they give you happy numbers.. You use them because theyre USUALLY consistent from dyno to dyno

you're spinning up a fixed mass, you're spinning up the same mass on another dynojet, in the same time, with the same calculations.

you can get dyno dynamics to vary from absolute ballbreakers to the happiest dynojet you've ever seen lol.. through different calibrations.... But they make for (apparently) better tuning dynos, given they can load it up higher?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    Dynojet's aren't JUST used because they give you happy numbers.. You use them because theyre USUALLY consistent from dyno to dyno
    This is a good point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you're spinning up a fixed mass, you're spinning up the same mass on another dynojet, in the same time, with the same calculations.

you can get dyno dynamics to vary from absolute ballbreakers to the happiest dynojet you've ever seen lol.. through different calibrations.... But they make for (apparently) better tuning dynos, given they can load it up higher?
    We use a dyno dynamics all wheel drive dyno that we had custom built with quad retarders, a lot of people complain it reads low but its just a tool at the end of the day and we've tuned cars over 1800whp on it with no trouble. Basically a big gain is a big gain when it comes to tuning, you know what they say when the flag drops the bull$#@! stops

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by APC Australia Click here to enlarge
    We use a dyno dynamics all wheel drive dyno that we had custom built with quad retarders, a lot of people complain it reads low but its just a tool at the end of the day and we've tuned cars over 1800whp on it with no trouble. Basically a big gain is a big gain when it comes to tuning, you know what they say when the flag drops the bull$#@! stops
    It's only really fine/accurate to compare if it's same day same conditions, otherwise yeah pretty damn pointless lol.

I'm pretty sure mercury's dyno dynamics reads pretty high for example
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's only really fine/accurate to compare if it's same day same conditions, otherwise yeah pretty damn pointless lol.

I'm pretty sure mercury's dyno dynamics reads pretty high for example
    Ive herd the same thing, there are many ways to cheat a dyno figure as there are so many variables. Like I said it really is just a tuning tool used by us to show where gains are made or lost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by APC Australia Click here to enlarge
    Ive herd the same thing, there are many ways to cheat a dyno figure as there are so many variables. Like I said it really is just a tuning tool used by us to show where gains are made or lost.
    If you watch a recent video where a certain high powered R4 GT-R that's local to us broke 1200whp (or was it 1100, either way), you might notice a slight fact that the front isn't strapped down and the rear is loose, and as soon as it hits boost it rides WAY up onto the rollers.

I'm sure that didn't inflate the figures at all >_>
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Something must be wrong with my car lol. I only hit 425/455 on e60 and map7. Such a huge delta...
    11.76 @ 124 (123.9) full weight e92 335i, street tires, no meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zeel Click here to enlarge
    Something must be wrong with my car lol. I only hit 425/455 on e60 and map7. Such a huge delta...
    Your trap speeds speak much louder than inflated dyno numbers Click here to enlarge
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What, FBO E92 M3 355 whp? Something is wrong with that car.
    I'm going to get an email soon with more info on that day. I'll post it up when I get it from EAS.

My 415whp pull with my cobalt was pretty spot on.

Holy torque batman! That's crazy how it just jumped so much.

Your trap speeds speak much louder than inflated dyno numbers Click here to enlarge
    Exactly what I was going to say, you read my mind. His trap speed is very fast.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12