Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Question VTT stage 2s installed! But I'm having misfires?

What's going on everybody?
    Well today I've finally got my VTT stage 2 turbos installed, but now I'm having multiple misfires on 1,2, and 3 cylinders in addition to a
    2C24 Lambda problem in front of catalytic converter, muddled, which I'm not sure how that happened unless the o2 sensors where switched or something. As far as the misfires go, it only happens within the first 30 seconds of start up and then everything goes normal. I'm not sure what the cause of that could be. I'm going back to a shop tomorrow to try and troubleshoot and finish a few other things. Any suggestions?
    E92 Monaco Blue AT 335I/ VTT S2B2/ JB4 G5 w/ BB Flash/ BMS DCI/ ER CP w/ Synaspe BOV/ M2 Exhaust/VRSF Dp's/ ETS 5' FMIC/ BMS OCC/ Coolingmist CMGS Autolearn Meth Kit/ VMR V710/ ST V1 Coilovers/BMS Spacers/Aero Lip/m3 replica side skirts/m3 Spoiler/BSW stage 1 audio uprade/ P3 Gauge/Morimoto 15k HID AE/3k HID Fogs/ interior led upgrade/ painted reflectors/ black kidney grills

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shadow007 Click here to enlarge
    What's going on everybody?
    Well today I've finally got my VTT stage 2 turbos installed, but now I'm having multiple misfires on 1,2, and 3 cylinders in addition to a
    2C24 Lambda problem in front of catalytic converter, muddled, which I'm not sure how that happened unless the o2 sensors where switched or something. As far as the misfires go, it only happens within the first 30 seconds of start up and then everything goes normal. I'm not sure what the cause of that could be. I'm going back to a shop tomorrow to try and troubleshoot and finish a few other things. Any suggestions?
    Mixed up O2's can cause ALL kinds of problems. Make sure they got them right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok we're going to double check everything in the morning and get back on the road. I'm hoping that's the problem since we didn't touch or replace anything else.
    E92 Monaco Blue AT 335I/ VTT S2B2/ JB4 G5 w/ BB Flash/ BMS DCI/ ER CP w/ Synaspe BOV/ M2 Exhaust/VRSF Dp's/ ETS 5' FMIC/ BMS OCC/ Coolingmist CMGS Autolearn Meth Kit/ VMR V710/ ST V1 Coilovers/BMS Spacers/Aero Lip/m3 replica side skirts/m3 Spoiler/BSW stage 1 audio uprade/ P3 Gauge/Morimoto 15k HID AE/3k HID Fogs/ interior led upgrade/ painted reflectors/ black kidney grills

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    definitely swapped o2 sensors
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Mixed up O2's can cause ALL kinds of problems. Make sure they got them right.
    X2 or they damaged one
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1 to all of the above
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Well I'm back in action! It was a simple o2 cross up on the first bank. Now the car pulls harder than ever! The only thing I'm waiting on now is a INPA K+CAN K+DCAN cable, so I can use Wedge's flashes to truly wake the beast from within and then its game on!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The INPA cable is for coding the BT cable is the one you need to flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shadow007 Click here to enlarge
    Well I'm back in action! It was a simple o2 cross up on the first bank. Now the car pulls harder than ever! The only thing I'm waiting on now is a INPA K+CAN K+DCAN cable, so I can use Wedge's flashes to truly wake the beast from within and then its game on!
    Nice! It's great when it's something minor
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea I know, but my original bin that I sent, Wedge, was bad and out dated. So he's going to update my firmware and send me one of his files so I can open it up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    any updates? hows the car running now

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WNF_335i Click here to enlarge
    any updates? hows the car running now
    The car is running good now. I'm not getting any misfires any more. Now the only thing I need now is a proper tune so I can really open it up.