Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Anyone heard of Pure Turbos N55 turbo upgrade ??

Stock Compressor Wheel: Inducer - 45.8mm, Exducer - 62.07mm (65.33mm at extended tip)
    PURE Compressor Wheel: Inducer - 49.52mm, Exducer - 67.00mm (72.50mm at extended tip)

http://www.pureturbos.com/store/oem-...o-upgrade.html

Looks promising.. No actual data on dyno etc though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Nope.

They're close to me though...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

It's not much of an upgrade... but it is CHEAP so I guess when N55 warranties start to expire it could be an alternative to the OEM turbo when it wears out.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Charles at pure turbos is a good guy. They're smart as hell when it comes to turbos and stay really low key. That's where I get all my turbos for pretty much half off. Refurbished with warranty so I really can't complain. @VargasTurboTech might know of them..
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Charles at pure turbos is a good guy. They're smart as hell when it comes to turbos and stay really low key. That's where I get all my turbos for pretty much half off. Refurbished with warranty so I really can't complain. @VargasTurboTech might know of them..
    He definitely does. He says he was emailing with them here

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nugs Click here to enlarge
    He definitely does. He says he was emailing with them here
    Good eye sir!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Last I talked with them on the phone they were working on a set of n54 stage 2s. Not sure all the details but nice to see more options

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blaster3500 Click here to enlarge
    Last I talked with them on the phone they were working on a set of n54 stage 2s. Not sure all the details but nice to see more options
    This might be their Stage 2s: http://www.pureturbos.com/store/oem-...o-upgrade.html

I see they got some Stage 1s for 1k and these for 1800$ + core.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The 1800 is the stage 1 and the 1k is a stock rebuild. The stage 2 has the upgrade turbine and waste gate parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

We work with pure on quite a few things they are great guys and my dad knew them before as well. We are actually sending them a DV kit today so they can properly test their upgrade, I have told them personally this upgrade isn't going to do much. The compressor wheel is not the problem at all on the N55, the turbine is woefully undersized, putting a bigger compressor on it is going to do next to nothing, its going to choke down just as fast as it does with the stock compressor, You might pick up a little power and TQ down low from the extra flow if you tune for it, but they are hoping it helps power to redline, people that spend a grand on it are going to be disappointed. This is the main reason we just skipped right over a stage 1 on the N55 and went with the upgrade we did. On the N54 it being twins, clipping the stock turbines, and going bigger on the comp wheels there was some room there, on these with that tiny turbine wheel for the entire motor, it just runs our of breath very early. People see a cheap price and the word upgrade and get all loopy. If you really break down what you are getting a grand isn't that cheap. They should be testing it this week, curious to see the results.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 01-20-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

It would seem they are trying to spread seeds of doubt about your product over on e90 post.

Tony, thanks for buying your ball bearing N55 parts from us. And thanks for having us assemble and balance them properly with our VSR machine, you sent them to the right place! Click here to enlarge

Good luck with those improper threaded turbine shafts. I would get those manufactured correctly before selling these... That could result in catastrophic failure! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

It would seem they are trying to spread seeds of doubt about your product over on e90 post.
    Interesting, I am sure the owner is going to have a field day dealing with the idiot posting bs like that, after I said good things about them and their products, simply stated I do not think a compressor upgrade is going to help at all, still dont. Looks like they let the intern handle the forums.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Sorry if I'm missing the details here but who is 'they' ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Sorry if I'm missing the details here but who is 'they' ?
    That quote was part of a post from a Pure Turbos representative.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

That quote was part of a post from a Pure Turbos representative.
    So they're talking smack and saying they have done business with Vargas? Do I have this correct?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Cliffs as I know it.
    -Vargas and Pure know each other and supposedly respect each other and have worked together before.
    -Tony says "I like those guys but don't think their N55 upgrade will work as well as they hope"
    -Pure makes reference to interactions with Vargas to insinuate they don't know what they are doing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Cliffs as I know it.
    -Vargas and Pure know each other and supposedly respect each other and have worked together before.
    -Tony says "I like those guys but don't think their N55 upgrade will work as well as they hope"
    -Pure makes reference to interactions with Vargas to insinuate they don't know what they are doing.
    We'll see where the dust settles.