Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 38 of 38
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,198
    Rep Points
    1,800.2
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by s65e90 Click here to enlarge
    We'll see. 10-15 years from now, I see a solid price fetched for a stripped out sedan w/ no options
    IMO, the E46 M3 has a better chance of holding it's value then the E9x M3. Yes, the E9x is the last N/A M3, but the E46 is one of the most iconic M3s made, in addition to being more traditional (Straight 6)... Bottom line is the E9x M3 isn't a GT3 and it's definitely not gonna hold value.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    594
    Rep Points
    47.5
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Sick, preferably I'd invest in a tt setup. Love the sedans as well, just don't like the body kit.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,218
    Rep Points
    31,317.0
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M&M Click here to enlarge
    Steve showed me this car when it was being built. It has a sleeved block. 10:1 Mahle pistons. Arrow rods, ARP rod bolts. Has upgraded fuel system with 2 M6 fuel pumps in line & bigger fuel lines & the whole trip. I think he said they plan on running like 16-19psi. Its not the V3 Si if I remember correctly. It's the T-trim.
    The T-Trim is the better choice especially at those levels.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,218
    Rep Points
    31,317.0
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    IMO, the E46 M3 has a better chance of holding it's value then the E9x M3. Yes, the E9x is the last N/A M3, but the E46 is one of the most iconic M3s made, in addition to being more traditional (Straight 6)... Bottom line is the E9x M3 isn't a GT3 and it's definitely not gonna hold value.
    It will hold its value well but not better.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville ky
    Posts
    715
    Rep Points
    551.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    IMO, the E46 M3 has a better chance of holding it's value then the E9x M3. Yes, the E9x is the last N/A M3, but the E46 is one of the most iconic M3s made, in addition to being more traditional (Straight 6)... Bottom line is the E9x M3 isn't a GT3 and it's definitely not gonna hold value.
    I definitely agree with this. I also think the special edition e46's will be more valuable in the long run vs the e9x variants. imo the e9x was watered down with too many "special editions" compared to the e46.

    back on topic though... are there any videos of this beast?
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,218
    Rep Points
    31,317.0
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    I definitely agree with this. I also think the special edition e46's will be more valuable in the long run vs the e9x variants. imo the e9x was watered down with too many "special editions" compared to the e46.

    back on topic though... are there any videos of this beast?
    The 'real' special edition is the GTS. That is the CSL equivalent.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #32
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville ky
    Posts
    715
    Rep Points
    551.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The 'real' special edition is the GTS. That is the CSL equivalent.
    I would call the CRT a special edition also. IMO the crt is the e9x csl and the gts is not quite gtr but is a little more serious than the csl
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,218
    Rep Points
    31,317.0
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    I would call the CRT a special edition also. IMO the crt is the e9x csl and the gts is not quite gtr but is a little more serious than the csl
    Yes but since it's four door and the CSL was only two door the GTS is the more 'exact' match. The CRT is the equivalent with four doors though.

    The GTR kind of counts but since it was just to keep BMW racing in ALMS it's more of a car built to beat technicalities. I've never seen one even tested.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #34
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville ky
    Posts
    715
    Rep Points
    551.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes but since it's four door and the CSL was only two door the GTS is the more 'exact' match. The CRT is the equivalent with four doors though.

    The GTR kind of counts but since it was just to keep BMW racing in ALMS it's more of a car built to beat technicalities. I've never seen one even tested.
    yeah ive seen very little on the gtr. In all honestly I didn't even know it was real until it was on need for speed lol

    this is the only video ive seen of one on the street
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    142
    Rep Points
    200.4
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    The E46 M3 "GTR" in the vid above is the one with the S85 engine and SMG gearbox that was for sale 1-2 years ago in Germany..
    Last edited by S62R; 01-21-2014 at 07:09 AM.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    103
    Rep Points
    67.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    IMO, the E46 M3 has a better chance of holding it's value then the E9x M3. Yes, the E9x is the last N/A M3, but the E46 is one of the most iconic M3s made, in addition to being more traditional (Straight 6)... Bottom line is the E9x M3 isn't a GT3 and it's definitely not gonna hold value.


    forget about the e92; talking strictly e90.


    Such limited numbers, under 10k total worldwide!

    My car is one of 200 ever made, EVER>

    Realy enthusiasts will want what they want and will draw prices accordingly. time will tell

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,198
    Rep Points
    1,800.2
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by s65e90 Click here to enlarge
    My car is one of 200 ever made, EVER>

    Realy enthusiasts will want what they want and will draw prices accordingly. time will tell
    I expect the F3x M3 to hold it's value better after it's gone out of production -- The 1st turbocharged M3, the first separation in the 3-series sedan/4-series coupe separation, etc.


    But yes, time will tell and with cars it's a very, very demand driven marketplace (vs. supply).
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    19145
    Posts
    597
    Rep Points
    2,150.3
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    he motor is a stroker at 4.4L.
    Yep ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •