Close

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes it is, but they are not "easy" to launch when you have any kind of decent power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Urbamworm Click here to enlarge
    Yes it is, but they are not "easy" to launch when you have any kind of decent power.
    What a surprise.

Yeah that sounds WAY harder to launch than a manual turbocharged E46 M3.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why does it have to be a manual? Nobody ever said anything about a manual turbocharged M3. And correct me if I am wrong here, didn't they have "launch control" anyway?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why does it have to be a manual? Nobody ever said anything about a manual turbocharged M3. And correct me if I am wrong here, didn't they have "launch control" anyway?
    It has to be either manual or SMG because the car didn't come in automatic. That's why.

The SMG had launch control that was limited to 1800 rpm in the United States and was essentially a clutch dump without modulation. The E46 launch control and the E92 launch control are literally years of software development and function apart from each other.

Launching an SMG well at the strip is... well, that's hard. Ask me how I know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I feel as if most of the guys on this forum fail to realize a dyno is just a tuning tool and does not affect ET.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nitr0WS6 Click here to enlarge
    I feel as if most of the guys on this forum fail to realize a dyno is just a tuning tool and does not affect ET.
    I feel like you don't know much of anything about the guys on this forum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes I'm serious. Your car is slow. 120 wow oh my gosh wow.
    Lol, my cobalt was faster than that... Click here to enlarge

Dyno is the worst tuning tool. We're talking about trap speeds here btw.

I feel like you don't know much of anything about the guys on this forum.
    Don't worry, they'll learn soon. It's good to have more members here brotha, gotta love it.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Trap speeds are useless just like roll racing, so many "members" in here need driver mod they are proud of a 130 trap and 3.0 sixty foot. What a joke. Back to the core of this thread are any of you going to line up with this caddy or not?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Trap speeds are useless
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol im friends with lost marine and we will be running soon when he is back home

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Trap speeds are useless just like roll racing, so many "members" in here need driver mod they are proud of a 130 trap and 3.0 sixty foot. What a joke. Back to the core of this thread are any of you going to line up with this caddy or not?
    1/4 miles are a thing of the past now a days. Sure they're still big with the non street cars and those crazy ass 6 second 200mph cars. The true street cars that are making 600whp+ do 1/2 mile races/ roll ons. That's a true way to determine the faster car.

If I wanted a driver mod, I'd go to the circuit racetrack, like buttonwillow or big willow. The $#@! would I need/ or waste my time on trying to get some perfect launch when I'll never line up for a dig.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmwbeatdown Click here to enlarge
    lol im friends with lost marine and we will be running soon when he is back home
    Would be good to see that. LM likes to do digs or rolls so he's a down MF. Make a thread in the american section I'd like to see full mods of your car etc.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What a surprise.
    Easy just like a DCT Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Than any E46 M3, sure.

Let me guess, your CTS-V is automatic?
    E9x M3 as well then since the E46 M3 is currently faster in the 1/4 and 60-130!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
    E9x M3 as well then since the E46 M3 is currently faster in the 1/4 and 60-130!
    The E46 M3 isn't easier to launch than the E9X. Of course it's faster in the 1/4 as with 1000 whp it better be. Not going to last long, the E92 is going to take all the records and I would think this year.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The E46 M3 isn't easier to launch than the E9X. Of course it's faster in the 1/4 as with 1000 whp it better be. Not going to last long, the E92 is going to take all the records and I would think this year.
    The E9x has potential. I don't see it overtaking the E46 this year though. 9s are already accomplished and that car will probably produce much better since it has more power now. But, 60-130 seems to be where more E46 guys run.. And I don't see those records being broken this year either by any E9x car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The E9x has potential. I don't see it overtaking the E46 this year though. 9s are already accomplished and that car will probably produce much better since it has more power now. But, 60-130 seems to be where more E46 guys run.. And I don't see those records being broken this year either by any E9x car.
    Wait, who ran 9's? I feel like I'm missing something.

Well I see them being broken. We'll see who is right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol.. I would think you know everything there is about bmw records. Andreas did 9 with a Phoenix Yellow 6 speed.... There are other guys in the 10s that I see going into the 9s as well. Max Psi should be amongst them. There are already records of E46 cars going 5 secs and 4 secs 60-130

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol.. I would think you know everything there is about bmw records.
    Ya I should maybe I just need to search for the thread.

There are other guys in the 10s that I see going into the 9s as well. Max Psi should be amongst them. There are already records of E46 cars going 5 secs and 4 secs 60-130
    Max PSI still has a ways to go. 10 seconds is relatively new territory for the E46 M3 and it takes it quite a bit more power and torque to make it there than the E9X.

It took FOREVER to get one into the 10's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ya I should maybe I just need to search for the thread.

Max PSI still has a ways to go. 10 seconds is relatively new territory for the E46 M3 and it takes it quite a bit more power and torque to make it there than the E9X.

It took FOREVER to get one into the 10's.
    You are correct that it is new territory. But the formula is out now for all the other e46 guys that are interested in trying to duplicate it. But most are more interested in roll racing. Cool either way... I'd guess that Max Psi will have their built motor running this year and that will def bring 9s. There are a number of 700+whp e46 cars being put together that will be hitting tracks around the country this year. Expect to see a lot of updates.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You are correct that it is new territory. But the formula is out now for all the other e46 guys that are interested in trying to duplicate it. But most are more interested in roll racing. Cool either way... I'd guess that Max Psi will have their built motor running this year and that will def bring 9s. There are a number of 700+whp e46 cars being put together that will be hitting tracks around the country this year. Expect to see a lot of updates.
    I mean I like it all, drag, roll, whatever. The E46 M3 is definitely stronger from a roll than it is from a dig.

The Max PSI built motor car should definitely do 9's. Like I said they still have to get there. I really wouldn't be surprised if an E92 beat them to the punch.

It will be a good year all around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I mean I like it all, drag, roll, whatever. The E46 M3 is definitely stronger from a roll than it is from a dig.

The Max PSI built motor car should definitely do 9's. Like I said they still have to get there. I really wouldn't be surprised if an E92 beat them to the punch.

It will be a good year all around.
    Indeed it will be a good year

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    every car here is junkkkkkk!!! bring that V ur little M3 M5 M6 1M and race my 5k lb suv. 1k or better head the f*ck up. I dont care how much horsepower you make on the dyno or what you run at the track, ill take any of your cars on the street or track if you cant handle the streets. Ill have the car seats, milk and eggs all inside my truck while i spank all the junk you guys post about on this forum. WHO HERE IS MAN ENOUGH TO RACE MY 5K LB FAMILY, GROCERY GETTER , SOCCER DAD TRUCK????? LOCK IT UP! Run your race gas, methanol, slicks, idc gut your $#@! and ill still beat it with my full interior 5k lb suv. who wants it???? Bunch of keyboard racers on this forum. Im ready anytime any day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lmaoooooooooooo

im dying right now hahahahaha
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^^^^ oh boy here we go, another tough guy with a heavy drag car challenging tack designed cars....I mean if you guys are so I tough go challenge a built mustang or corvette/camaro. Not that many people have their track ready German autos setup for a dragstrip.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    ^^^^ oh boy here we go, another tough guy with a heavy drag car challenging tack designed cars....I mean if you guys are so I tough go challenge a built mustang or corvette/camaro. Not that many people have their track ready German autos setup for a dragstrip.
    Ive called out every car where i live and no one wants it with my family grocery getting Jeep i just dont get it. So i heard about this thread and this forums which is full of junk and thought maybe i can get a race with some of the rich kids that daddy supports.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast