Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hybrid twins are nice and the spool characteristics are incredible...doesn't suck to have 500wtq more or less instantly. But the big singles get so angry up top. It's not even close if outright speed is what we're talking about.

Isn't it a bit pointless to be worrying about the valvetrain parts reqd. to spin 8K revs right now? We haven't gotten fueling sorted at stock redline depending on power goals, and at those revs the injection window would be tight. Not trying to dissuade anyone though!
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Hybrid twins are nice and the spool characteristics are incredible...doesn't suck to have 500wtq more or less instantly. But the big singles get so angry up top. It's not even close if outright speed is what we're talking about.

Isn't it a bit pointless to be worrying about the valvetrain parts reqd. to spin 8K revs right now? We haven't gotten fueling sorted at stock redline depending on power goals, and at those revs the injection window would be tight. Not trying to dissuade anyone though!
    ProEFI is the solution. I'm not a DI purist, I have no problem what so ever mixing it with PI. Some people would rather hold the platform back so they can keep their noses in the air. Small thinking. Such Disappoint. Wow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    ProEFI is the solution. I'm not a DI purist, I have no problem what so ever mixing it with PI. Some people would rather hold the platform back so they can keep their noses in the air. Small thinking. Such Disappoint. Wow.
    I don't think that is what is happening. I think what is happening is people are just waiting to see if someone can get a fueling option without going to PI, adding PI adds a lot of extra stuff to the picture. I can promise everyone, we will have a car running a HPFP solution within 60 days.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I can promise everyone, we will have a car running a HPFP solution within 60 days.
    That's bold!

Any idea what it will support?

And I'd like to do a front page article so please send me whatever you can when you can...
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's bold!

Any idea what it will support?

And I'd like to do a front page article so please send me whatever you can when you can...
    I will keep you in the loop for sure, no idea what it will support until its up and running, but its being fabricated now. Car will go under the knife starting in a week or so.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I don't think that is what is happening. I think what is happening is people are just waiting to see if someone can get a fueling option without going to PI, adding PI adds a lot of extra stuff to the picture. I can promise everyone, we will have a car running a HPFP solution within 60 days.
    Both of our statements can be true at the same time. They would prefer an HPFP solution. This is holding back the platform. We technically could have done this a long time ago if someone wanted to put up the money and do it. Is this a new HPFP solution you are speaking of, or just a newly build car that can see what the existing pump can do?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Both of our statements can be true at the same time. They would prefer an HPFP solution. This is holding back the platform. We technically could have done this a long time ago if someone wanted to put up the money and do it. Is this a new HPFP solution you are speaking of, or just a newly build car that can see what the existing pump can do?
    Not giving any details whatsoever until its on the car and tested. But I can say, we have shipped just about everything we were behind on, and we are focusing on it now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not giving any details whatsoever until its on the car and tested. But I can say, we have shipped just about everything we were behind on, and we are focusing on it now.

Give me some hints. Is it big, fat, short?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Whoa, that's what she said Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    we went with the same length rod in our custom rods for a few reasons.
    A) simplicity. with a crank ground on stock stroke, rods and pistons just drop in.
    B) option to stroke or destroke. We can offset grind the crank either way- and can accommodate a few different scenarios.
    C) we can use them in N54's, N55's, and N20 variants with very small adjustments to the pistons. They cover a broad range of engines……

If ya'll want a custom length rod and pistons, lets do it. The issue that comes up, is I would need at LEAST 8 people to put money where their mouths are and straight up buy the rods. I would hate to get stuck with almost 10,000 dollars in rods that everyone talked about but no one acted on. I already am well north of 20,000 dollars in investments developing the rods/pistons/studs for you guys…… in any case, I could make them stock bearing size for drop in's, or in our custom bearing size (because they are WAY cheaper and take 2x the abuse).

A perfect example of why I want to get away from BMW bearings…….for the two N54 engines Im fully building-JUST the main bearings have cost me over 1000 bucks! STUPID EXPENSIVE. Plus their decoding of the block vs. bed plate colors are really stupid.

With destroking comes compromise. the piston then gets bigger- and results in heavier reciprocating mass due to its height. we could destroke the crank, but that compounds the issue….

Whatever ya'll wanna do is cool with me. I have 5 more sets of our custom rods here on the shelf before I have to build another order from the manufacturer. You want a pink polka dotted connecting rods with "sticky killer" on the side? Click here to enlarge makes no difference to me- If you pay for it, I'll build it Click here to enlarge
    I'll grab a set of them pink polka dot rods! ;D

Pity how difficult it would be to get 8 people, hence i think i'll just stick with your more readily available stuff Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wasn't trying to be a pessimist brother, by all means i'll never tell someone not to push the envelope. If we can get this motor and transmission to accept 8K revs, that's pretty awesome. Just saying we have other issues to get through before valve springs etc become the limiting factor.

I'm not a DI purist either, but I wouldn't view ditching it all together as an optimal upgrade. We can do better than that. @VargasTurboTech please keep us in the loop here, even if your suggested solution doesn't end up working it will be hugely instructive for the community. Thank you for moving the platform forwards...good stuff.
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Wasn't trying to be a pessimist brother, by all means i'll never tell someone not to push the envelope. If we can get this motor and transmission to accept 8K revs, that's pretty awesome. Just saying we have other issues to get through before valve springs etc become the limiting factor.

I'm not a DI purist either, but I wouldn't view ditching it all together as an optimal upgrade. We can do better than that. @VargasTurboTech please keep us in the loop here, even if your suggested solution doesn't end up working it will be hugely instructive for the community. Thank you for moving the platform forwards...good stuff.
    I don' think ditching it is a good idea. Pretty sure they are set on the PI coming in at higher rpms. Maybe I'll become a millionair with my bitcoins and Dogecoins and then I'll just buy all 8 sets. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don' think ditching it is a good idea. Pretty sure they are set on the PI coming in at higher rpms.
    That's exactly what I assumed at least, and i'm pretty sure that's how it works on other motors with both setups... DI for efficiency cruising, low revs etc.. then the PI comes on when the flow is needed, no sooner.

Maybe I'll become a millionair with my bitcoins and Dogecoins and then I'll just buy all 8 sets. Click here to enlarge
    we can dream Click here to enlarge
    boop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12