Close

Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 626 to 650 of 1379
  1. #626
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    The 05 Mollydooker is the absolute dogs bollocks, Enchanted Path is good too if you love the Carnival of Love
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  2. #627
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    I would sell several of you into slavery for the Enchanted Path. I finally finished the case an ex bought me. I miss the wine more than the girl.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #628
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I would sell several of you into slavery for the Enchanted Path. I finally finished the case an ex bought me. I miss the wine more than the girl.
    Click here to enlarge

    I think the dude at Westhampton beach Fine Wine has some '05s in stock....
    yep just checked on line 6 bottles at $79 a pop for the Enchanted Path he bought from some collector.... the 2009's go for $90 retail so the '05 should be well over the $100 mark

    http://www.westhamptonfinewine.com/2...96-p-5893.html
    Last edited by Group.america; 02-21-2014 at 09:45 AM. Reason: typos
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  4. #629
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    In California this mob has a dozen or more at $85

    http://www.belmontwine.com/bwe13089.html
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  5. #630
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    I'm having too much fun with whiskey lately but I'll be bolstering the cellar soon again.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #631
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm having too much fun with whiskey lately but I'll be bolstering the cellar soon again.

    SO I see... I got a concussion so am off the wine until at least Wed.... sadly Click here to enlarge

    Did get a 2008/09 Turbo 997 that I intend thrashing the $#@! out of after a minor tune... picking it up next week

    I am going to buy the remaining 4 bottles of "Stella's garden" at the local wine shop and then start on his 2005 Enchanted Paths
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  7. #632
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    25
    Rep Points
    92.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Any thoughts on the 2011 wines coming out of Central Coast (Santa Barbara)? I noticed that 2011 is listed as "not tasted" on the WA advocate chart.
    JB Stage 2 ISO, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 front control arms, RPI scoops, CDV delete

  8. #633
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Did get a 2008/09 Turbo 997 that I intend thrashing the $#@! out of after a minor tune... picking it up next week
    Congratulations... thread is in order.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #634
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jdub679 Click here to enlarge
    Any thoughts on the 2011 wines coming out of Central Coast (Santa Barbara)? I noticed that 2011 is listed as "not tasted" on the WA advocate chart.
    I don't know how 2011 was with the Central Coast but that area is remarkably consistent. Try some out...

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #635
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Congratulations... thread is in order.

    Yeah will add on to the thread in the porscheboost I started about Evoms Porsche versus maybe TT a Ferrari and then will start a new thread with pics.... bad head today still so will wait until next week.. also have to take the 97 yr old father-in-law down to Atlantic City for 3 days from tomorrow so will post after that
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  11. #636
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Yeah will add on to the thread in the porscheboost I started about Evoms Porsche versus maybe TT a Ferrari and then will start a new thread with pics.... bad head today still so will wait until next week.. also have to take the 97 yr old father-in-law down to Atlantic City for 3 days from tomorrow so will post after that
    Considering that thread is a versus discussion it makes the most sense to create a new thread in the 911 section then link to it from that thread.

    Regardless, congrats and sorry about the head.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #637
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    25
    Rep Points
    92.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't know how 2011 was with the Central Coast but that area is remarkably consistent. Try some out...
    Will do. Leaving for Santa Barbara tomorrow.
    JB Stage 2 ISO, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 front control arms, RPI scoops, CDV delete

  13. #638
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jdub679 Click here to enlarge
    Will do. Leaving for Santa Barbara tomorrow.

    2011 was challenge for Santa Rita/Barbara plus see this
    https://www.wineinstitute.org/resour...ing/article625

    Have a great trip you lucky bugger
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  14. #639
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    25
    Rep Points
    92.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    2011 was challenge for Santa Rita/Barbara plus see this
    https://www.wineinstitute.org/resour...ing/article625

    Have a great trip you lucky bugger
    Thank you!
    JB Stage 2 ISO, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 front control arms, RPI scoops, CDV delete

  15. #640
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    111
    Rep Points
    87.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Only have two offerings from 2011. This and some Lewelling (Which won't ship for another eight months). Curious how they turned out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  16. #641
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    ^ Never tried that before.

    How is it?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #642
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    25
    Rep Points
    92.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Had a great trip to Santa Barbara.

    Joined the wine clubs for Longoria, Jaffurs, and I'm on a waiting list for Ampelos (sounds like it's a short waiting period).

    Tasted at the above, Flying Goat, Stolpman, and Demetria.
    JB Stage 2 ISO, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 front control arms, RPI scoops, CDV delete

  18. #643
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    25
    Rep Points
    92.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    If everyone in USA cellared their wines well at the right temps then the '97 Il Poggione would last another 12 years... alas many are ruined within 5 years of cellaring... okay off to watch SENNA
    You are so right. So I got around to opening the '97 Il Poggione this weekend. Corked. I've never opened a corked wine before, but I'll never forget it. The strong aroma of musty mushrooms and sherry-like on the pallet.

    I've got another '97 Ciaci Piccolomini Brunello. It might be time to open that one just because it's likely bad as well.
    JB Stage 2 ISO, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 front control arms, RPI scoops, CDV delete

  19. #644
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jdub679 Click here to enlarge
    You are so right. So I got around to opening the '97 Il Poggione this weekend. Corked. I've never opened a corked wine before, but I'll never forget it. The strong aroma of musty mushrooms and sherry-like on the pallet.

    I've got another '97 Ciaci Piccolomini Brunello. It might be time to open that one just because it's likely bad as well.

    so sorry, happens a lot

    I am doing a comparison tonight of 2005 Enchanted Path (Syrah/Cabernet) versus the 2004 Shiraz (Stella's Garden)... may be unfair as one is a blend but I will be very interested to rate them as both are the same maker from 2 of his different labels.

    Also, that dude I talk about in Westhampton Beach just got in some 2003 Greenock Creek Shiraz rated 97/100 by Parker ... he is selling them at $85 a bottle

    I paid $86 for the Molly Dooker Enchanted Path so I was wrong about the price I listed above

    Next week we will do a Greenock vs Enchanted Path or Carnival of Love (I am biased towards Greenock, so we will see)

    Click here to enlarge


    https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.a...5fb6d4e096d231
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  20. #645
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    BTW had a nice light on but neat little WA state Cabernet last night with the family and outlaws at Il Mullino in Atlantic City.... see if I can find the name... was quite smooth and cheap at $48 (in a 5 star price restaurant)

    also check out the size of my nephew's Veal

    Click here to enlarge


    BTW - Our nephew looks a little like Leonardo... few folks asked him for pics

    Click here to enlarge
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  21. #646
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jdub679 Click here to enlarge
    Had a great trip to Santa Barbara.

    Joined the wine clubs for Longoria, Jaffurs, and I'm on a waiting list for Ampelos (sounds like it's a short waiting period).

    Tasted at the above, Flying Goat, Stolpman, and Demetria.
    How did you like Stolpman and Flying Goat?

    Longoria and Jaffurs are good ones too.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  22. #647
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    I paid $86 for the Molly Dooker Enchanted Path so I was wrong about the price I listed above
    Fairly high but the Enchanted Path is going to be more intense and fruitier than the Stella's Garden I would think.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #648
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    25
    Rep Points
    92.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How did you like Stolpman and Flying Goat?

    Longoria and Jaffurs are good ones too.
    I was disappointed in the offerings from Flying Goat, especially after hearing so many good things about their Pinots. Their vinyard specific Pinots tasted unbalanced. Can't tell if it was a high acidity, tannins, or alcohol, but my taste buds felt blown out after that tasting. It was our first stop and since we went to Stolpman as the second, I wasn't sure if I was giving it a fair shot. But I did like the Viogner and the Syrahs at Stolpman. We meant to go back and pick up a few bottles, but we went right up to closing time between Longoria, then Ampelos.
    JB Stage 2 ISO, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 front control arms, RPI scoops, CDV delete

  24. #649
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jdub679 Click here to enlarge
    I was disappointed in the offerings from Flying Goat, especially after hearing so many good things about their Pinots. Their vinyard specific Pinots tasted unbalanced. Can't tell if it was a high acidity, tannins, or alcohol, but my taste buds felt blown out after that tasting. It was our first stop and since we went to Stolpman as the second, I wasn't sure if I was giving it a fair shot. But I did like the Viogner and the Syrahs at Stolpman. We meant to go back and pick up a few bottles, but we went right up to closing time between Longoria, then Ampelos.
    Their Pinots are supposed to be good. Did you try the Goat Bubbles?

    You didn't try the Stolpman whites or their blends?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #650
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    25
    Rep Points
    92.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How did you like Stolpman and Flying Goat?

    Longoria and Jaffurs are good ones too.
    I thought the Jaffurs Syrah Bien Nacido, Ampelos Pinot Lambda, Longoria Chardonnay Sta Rita Hills, and Longoria Fe Ciega Pinots were the best tastes of the day.

    I got a bonus Jaffurs Upslope with my first club shipment too that I'll save for a special occasion.
    JB Stage 2 ISO, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 front control arms, RPI scoops, CDV delete

Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •