Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Anyone heard of these N54 Upgraded twins?

Was searching ebay this morning and came across these. Hexon Hybrid N54 Turbochargers.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-335-535-...ht_8892wt_1362

Seems odd, but the seller has a bit of information to go along with these. Anyone heard of these or have any additional info on them? Im not in the market for a hybrid twin setup, and if i was i would go with something proven (Vargas or RB).

Maybe someone with more info can chime in on these @VargasTurboTech @Rob@RBTurbo
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hummm for $2400 I would go with RB or Vargas ..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Linracing Click here to enlarge
    hummm for $2400 I would go with RB or Vargas ..
    Agreed. Not worth the risk IMO. Just interesting to see these pop up. Ive never even heard of that company.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    LMFAO. Look at the bottom right of the picture. Says 11.6psi and 93 OCT. 466HP/481tq. That honestly looks like a stock turbo dyno. If anyone believes they're making 466HP/481tq at 11.6psi on 93 oct I have a bridge in brooklyn to sell you.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    LMFAO. Look at the bottom right of the picture. Says 11.6psi and 93 OCT. 466HP/481tq. That honestly looks like a stock turbo dyno. If anyone believes they're making 466HP/481tq at 11.6psi on 93 oct I have a bridge in brooklyn to sell you.
    I saw that also. Very optimistic numbers at that boost level.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

That's basically stage 2 batch 1 specs with the 44mm turbine. Our stage 2's now run the full 47mm TD04L turbine as do the RB's. They are going to run into the same issue we did with the smaller turbine, just choked up exhaust and too much back pressure to get to 500 WHP. They also do not show any pictures of their wastegate modifications. Also they are using the old style manifolds for their upgrades. We only use the newer style manifolds with the 2 cutouts for our stage 2 turbos, the older style are used for stock replacement and stage 1's. For the price these prob aren't worth it, I have never heard of these guys either. Those numbers wont happen on 93 and that boost unless they are quoting BHP not WHP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    That's basically stage 2 batch 1 specs with the 44mm turbine. Our stage 2's now run the full 47mm TD04L turbine as do the RB's. They are going to run into the same issue we did with the smaller turbine, just choked up exhaust and too much back pressure to get to 500 WHP. They also do not show any pictures of their wastegate modifications. Also they are using the old style manifolds for their upgrades. We only use the newer style manifolds with the 2 cutouts for our stage 2 turbos, the older style are used for stock replacement and stage 1's. For the price these prob aren't worth it, I have never heard of these guys either. Those numbers wont happen on 93 and that boost unless they are quoting BHP not WHP.
    Thats good info!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    From the man himself lol.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also a slight clue something may be amiss is, do a google search for hexcon racing research, not a single result. Well unless you count World Of Warcraft...Click here to enlarge
    Tony you searched hexcon not hexon... They do have a few things out there but not much.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looks like alot of unfinished projects..
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    looks like alot of unfinished projects..
    Bahaha! I could have swore it was Hexcon, but I'm pretty much running around like a chicken with my head cut off today and missed it. I like the WOW search result anyways...Click here to enlarge

Edit: Their BRZ kit actually looks pretty nice, lots of BRZ options out there these days. The N54 stuff doesn't look terrible, but the turbine is too small, a mistake we made once so I can't hate too hard. The wastegate parts looks pretty stock in the FB pics.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also a slight clue something may be amiss is, do a google search for hexcon racing research, not a single result. Well unless you count World Of Warcraft...Click here to enlarge
    What do you mean? FB is free? LOL, hey for all we know they are putting out a good product, I'll give them benefit of the doubt, perhaps a personal garage startup business?

I'll be honest, looks like they've really done a lot in the GT86 world in the last 6 months
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    What do you mean? FB is free? LOL, hey for all we know they are putting out a good product, I'll give them benefit of the doubt, perhaps a personal garage startup business?

I'll be honest, looks like they've really done a lot in the GT86 world in the last 6 months
    I agree, but if you take a look at their catalog verbage they are for sure another asian turbo company, something along the lines of Waystar turbo etc, I dealt with them a couple years back, very cheap parts, that looked pretty nice, but very cheap quality. Not saying they are the same, but it seems to be a trend for turbos and turbo parts coming out of Asia. You can get really nice stuff, but only from a very few sources.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree, but if you take a look at their catalog verbage they are for sure another asian turbo company, something along the lines of Waystar turbo etc, I dealt with them a couple years back, very cheap parts, that looked pretty nice, but very cheap quality. Not saying they are the same, but it seems to be a trend for turbos and turbo parts coming out of Asia. You can get really nice stuff, but only from a very few sources.
    Yeah, I guess Precision switched to chinese parts a few years ago, that's when more people started seeing more and more of the oil leaking issues. I stayed clear of them after I did my research in turbos. Of course, I did find a pretty disturbing article on Garrett as well, but couldn't find much else to backup the claim.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, I guess Precision switched to chinese parts a few years ago, that's when more people started seeing more and more of the oil leaking issues. I stayed clear of them after I did my research in turbos. Of course, I did find a pretty disturbing article on Garrett as well, but couldn't find much else to backup the claim.
    Every turbocharger company on earth is getting some stuff from Asia, its just fact of the matter. Outsourcing is the way of the world these days.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Every turbocharger company on earth is getting some stuff from Asia, its just fact of the matter. Outsourcing is the way of the world these days.
    Yeah, I hear ya, that didn't throw up the red flag to me really it was more the fact that when I called precision, they claim everything was done in house, then everyone else says no, then a million oil issues on google search, then in person at the shop my car is at, 100% of precision turbo cars had oil leaking, and then Precision back tracked saying they pretty much assemble now. Hey, there are lots of high quality products, as in some really good car audio stuff too that I like made in Asia, like you said it's the way of the world....

Same thing in USA though, some things made in USA are cheap crap, and others are high-quality. I do miss when made in USA stamp meant only high quality though. (not that I was around for much of that)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Outsourcing is the way of the world these days.
    Click here to enlarge

High-tec chinese header factory trollolol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alex325i Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

High-tec chinese header factory trollolol
    Ypu, if you want really cheap headers, you can get them, We are choosing to have the entire stage 3 kit built right here in the good ole US of A. More interested in a rock solid kit than price.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hell just get these, good to 70 PSI! Only $199

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181295149039

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge
    Hell just get these, good to 70 PSI! Only $199

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181295149039
    LOL 70psi! Where do these guys come up with this $#@!?
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What could possibly go wrong, dude they're BILLET

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    LOL 70psi! Where do these guys come up with this $#@!?
    They're even balanced before installation into the turbo rebuild...damn that company is amazing

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

cheap ebay garbage
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No