Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by andrew20195 Click here to enlarge
    As a random uninterested party with no plans to buy any N55 turbo kit, I have to agree with Terry. It's one thing to make a thread about your product, explaining why it is superior to any competitor. But the original post is clearly targeting a specific competitor's product. To not allow them a chance to respond in defense of their product seems unfair. Ultimately it is your thread, Tony, and your decision, but as long as the discussion is respectful, I would hope that you'd allow your product to stand on its own merits.

If I had an N54, I would not hesitate to buy a Stage 3 kit from you. It is without a doubt the best high power solution on the market. As an educated consumer, I find vendor fighting to be distasteful. A vendor discussion, on the other hand, is a good thing. Choice of product is rarely a black or white situation. Having a civil discussion will better allow the consumer to choose what is right for them.
    I see both sides of the coin here but RB is piggybacking off Tony's advertising, not exactly fair to the person paying to advertise right?

RB is free to advertise if he chooses and discuss his product as much as he wants. If he does not, then he can not complain about rules protecting companies that support this forum being enforced.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by andrew20195 Click here to enlarge
    You are absolutely right. A journal bearing turbo is always inferior to a ball bearing turbo in performance applications, disregarding price. I also agree that a serious vendor should have no trouble paying, what, $1200 a year for this forum? That's what, the net profit from three units? Maybe I'm off there, feel free to educate me. The only problem I have with the OP, as a neutral party, is that even though at the end, you say it isn't a bash on the other manufacturer, you basically bash on the other manufacturer. It's probably just a simple issue of phrasing. And really I'm just trying to help, but when you say things such as...

I personally think that could be better said as, "Others have stated that this is not the way to go, but here is the proof of the effectiveness of this Vargas hybrid turbo." I think it's less confrontational, and more supporting the benefits of your own products. Click here to enlarge
    I actually like Rob, he is a nice guy and I bought a bunch of cores from him. I just know his song and dance by now, he plants little seeds of doubt to try to tip the scales his way, first it was with the N54, then it was with the N55 saying a Hybrid was not worth it and piece of junk, just rubbed me the wrong way, I know why he is back in the hybrid N55 game. Just the amount of vehicles with this engine in it is mind boggling, just wish he would at least own up to calling N55 hybrid options pieces of junk and that he was wrong. There is more than enough N55's on the road for everyone to sell turbos. Shoot I was emailing back and forth with the guys at pure today on helping them get a upgraded DV on their stage 1 turbo. I think of this as a trade show, we all pay to get boothes, we are basically set up next to each other and doing our business as friendly as possible, but that doesn't mean I want their flyers in my booth...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    While I see Terry's point (which Tony already granted) that cost vs. performance = subjective valuation, I have to say Tony is correct in stating the Ball Bearing turbo is superior.

So until RB assumes the same status here on BimmerBoost as VTT, let's move on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Our Hong Kong customer is installed and ready to go. Sent me a little video. Sounds as mean as ever..

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/tony...video.mp4.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

One day I'll figure out why people use the junk that is photobucket:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid46.photobucket.com %2Falbums%2Ff111%2Ftonyturbo42%2FFredChangvideo.mp 4">
    Here is why, it took me literally 20 seconds to upload that, and I do not want it on my youtube page. Youtube takes at least 3-5 minutes to upload a video then I have a video of a car revving on my youtube page, pretty simple.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Here is why, it took me literally 20 seconds to upload that, and I do not want it on my youtube page. Youtube takes at least 3-5 minutes to upload a video then I have a video of a car revving on my youtube page, pretty simple.
    True, but youtube has more viewers and easier embed options namely for forums. It essentially allows a larger audience.

Regardless, I embedded it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow sounds meannn I like Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds good but I like the first star vid more Click here to enlarge

we we need the in cabin drives! Thanks Tony

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    True, but youtube has more viewers and easier embed options namely for forums. It essentially allows a larger audience.

Regardless, I embedded it.
    Youtube has Electrolytes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's more confusing Rob not paying 100/month here or someone using photo bucket ?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    What's more confusing Rob not paying 100/month here or someone using photo bucket ?
    $100 a month for sure. Photobucket equals convenient video URL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LoL I agree that was sarcastic.
    @andrew20195 1200 is prob 1-1.5 units
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    LoL I agree that was sarcastic.
    @andrew20195 1200 is prob 1-1.5 units
    I know...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by deemarr n55 Click here to enlarge
    Wow sounds meannn I like Click here to enlarge

ill be making some mean sounding videos from inside and from the rear of the car
    Click here to enlarge <-- Click on pic for the build thread Full 1m conv. Pure Stage 2, helix intercooler, JB4 E85, Seibon Gtr hood, Sparta Evolution calipers and rotors, black lines, apex ec'7s, cks coil overs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    When uploaded to youtube just make it "unlisted". Then you can link it as normal but it won't show up to the public on your page.. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ugh, my iPad can't view it.... Photobucket sucks
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ......delete please

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VegasJD Click here to enlarge
    ill be making some mean sounding videos from inside and from the rear of the car
    Please do, been dying to hear and see some on road videos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    When uploaded to youtube just make it "unlisted". Then you can link it as normal but it won't show up to the public on your page.. Click here to enlarge
    I have many unlisted videos on my page, no need for another and it also doesn't make it upload any faster. It literally took 20 seconds on photo bucket and I had a video URL to post. Open, drag video into window, copy link, done. I will continue to use it for this purpose. Time saved is like gold over here...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Video gone already?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
    Video gone already?
    No its up there

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No its up there
    Wouldn't load for me. Said it was gone.

I'll try again.

Nope. Video still not found.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
    Wouldn't load for me. Said it was gone.

I'll try again.

Nope. Video still not found.
    Click on this link, the embedded version doesn't work.
    http://s46.photobucket.com/user/tony...video.mp4.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Tony, your advertising ends up doing the opposite since you are so defensive about things. I will be upgrading my turbo some time this year, so I am your potential customer. If your product is superior why would you not want to get all of the information out there that you possibly can and compare the products?

The thread title is also misleading as this isn't a true comparison, just your version of things which are obviously biased. I am open to any of the turbo upgrades and I love BB turbos, but spool on BB turbos are virtually the same as JB turbos. Transient response on BB is better though. To say any BB turbo is going to be superior to JB is incorrect. The compressor side does make some difference on spool, but the turbine side does have a larger determination on spool. With the smaller compressor the JB might spool the same as the BB turbo.

TL/DR - A thread that only allows certain people to comment is not going to be a good comparison thread. Maybe a regular member should start one later on when we have more data about all 3 hybrid options.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast