Close

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    298
    Rep Points
    272.3
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No

    www.cp-e.com and my product whishlist :)

    I would like to see the following products:

    - An intercooler with cast end-tanks, 50% larger in volume than stock (not more !), which uses the stock piping and c-clips for connection (HPF has one but it is way too large and may introduce too much lag). Some plastic trimming is allowed Click here to enlarge

    - Coated downpipes with additional EGT and AFR bungs welded

    - Stock downpipes with 200-cell HJS catalysts (part number 90 95 0040) welded, in exchange to my downpipes + price difference.

    - Boost/EGT dual gauge with a pod allowing seamless OEM integration

    And many others...Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Man, those are great suggestions!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    324
    Rep Points
    467.6
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    They'll weld any bung you want on the DPs. You just have to ask when ordering. As far as the cats are concerned, I'm beta testing their newest set. They did a lot of research into the materials that BMW uses as the exhaust flow is significantly hotter than most and will destroy most aftermarket cats after a short time. I don't know the specifics of the new cats they're using but they were in negotiation with their manufacturer for some time to develop the substrate for the catalyst. So far so good.

    The pod suggestion is something I've mentioned as well as I don't like the vent setup. Where would you mount it?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    298
    Rep Points
    272.3
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boom
    They'll weld any bung you want on the DPs. You just have to ask when ordering. As far as the cats are concerned, I'm beta testing their newest set. They did a lot of research into the materials that BMW uses as the exhaust flow is significantly hotter than most and will destroy most aftermarket cats after a short time. I don't know the specifics of the new cats they're using but they were in negotiation with their manufacturer for some time to develop the substrate for the catalyst. So far so good.
    Good to know about the bungs. I would like catalysts that last long and do not throw any codes at ~380whp. The HJS are very good for the job, but they are expensive.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boom
    The pod suggestion is something I've mentioned as well as I don't like the vent setup. Where would you mount it?
    I would mount it in the left corner where the windshield meets the A-pillar and the dashboard.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Beltsville, MD
    Posts
    238
    Rep Points
    285.1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I am in the middle of duraglassing a prototype single gauge pod Click here to enlarge (personally but i will present it to the owners!!)

    As for our cats - boom is beta testing our newest set and hopefully we'll have great results to present to you guys!!

    As Boom/Jason stated - if you want bungs we'll put them in!! Click here to enlarge
    Custom Performance Engineering
    www.cp-e.com
    BMW N54/N55 | Forced Induction | Direct Injection Specialists

    Supporting BMW 1M | 135i | 335i | 535i and more

    Facebook: www.facebook.com/gocpe
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/gocpe
    youtube: http://www.youtube.com/CustomPerformanceEng

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    298
    Rep Points
    272.3
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by www.cp-e.com Click here to enlarge
    I am in the middle of duraglassing a prototype single gauge pod Click here to enlarge (personally but i will present it to the owners!!)

    As for our cats - boom is beta testing our newest set and hopefully we'll have great results to present to you guys!!

    As Boom/Jason stated - if you want bungs we'll put them in!! Click here to enlarge
    Good news. I will probably wait for your new cats. Can you give more detail about the cats ? How many cells ? Will the price be higher or the same with the new cats ?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,053
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I really doubt you would feel much added lag if any with HPF's intercooler, and the extra volume being filled will be offset by enhanced flow through the core which also creates a lower pressure drop than stock. I remember my friend was really worried about inducing extra lag on his subaru with a perrin intercooler setup and it actually seemed to respond faster with it installed. It was also much more consistent run after run.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Beltsville, MD
    Posts
    238
    Rep Points
    285.1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Our core I am pretty sure is one of the larger ones on the market. We tested about 9 different cores till we found what we wanted. We do full data writeups on each one and then decide which to go with. We were going to do the c-clips and already had them drawn up in CAD but decided to include more piping with our kit for flow purposes.

    According to all of my datalogs there is essentially no added lag.
    Custom Performance Engineering
    www.cp-e.com
    BMW N54/N55 | Forced Induction | Direct Injection Specialists

    Supporting BMW 1M | 135i | 335i | 535i and more

    Facebook: www.facebook.com/gocpe
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/gocpe
    youtube: http://www.youtube.com/CustomPerformanceEng

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MIAMI
    Posts
    995
    Rep Points
    199.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    ^ I'd love so see some of your cad drawings of some things you've designed. Maybe some screenies would be cool Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •