Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shahsk Click here to enlarge
    darkside FTL
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    :character-cookiemo: i like the cookie....
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tag824 Click here to enlarge
    guess i lost all my rep's... later bro's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shahsk Click here to enlarge
    darkside FTL
    did someone call me...oh, nvm. LOL. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by www.cp-e.com Click here to enlarge
    He's always been a bit nuts. He threatened us with a lawsuit for slander. Apparently someone back in the day accused him of being "in bed" with Shiv - which does seem like its so. Well he is an attorney so that may scare people but I was confused because slander is spoken and no one has been "heard" saying that. Libel is written. Don't you think he should know that as an attorney?

They banned cp-e's IP address and said they never want to have us on their forum as they did with Terry - the only other tuning solutions around...seems a bit hrmmm intentional?!
    Sounds EXACTLY like what's happening on M3forum.com Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Sounds EXACTLY like what's happening on M3forum.com Click here to enlarge
    Pretty much... but not quite. VF has their monopoloy on M3forum but AA is let in as well. That site only makes enough to cover its costs really. HPF is pushed out due to this and there is no owner pushing for sponsorship, he doesn't care and doesn't even have a hands on approach.

Jason milks e90post for all it is worth and is milking Shiv... and Shiv in turn gets the whole forum for his tune. So CP-E and BMS are pushed out....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Guys,

I'm sure I'm gonna get flamed or whatever for saying this, but $#@! it, it's 5AM and I'm just gonna say it. Click here to enlarge

I'm guessing a lot (not alot) of you here are unhappy with the way the mods conduct themselves over at e90post and I'll say that it's bothered me as well. I think that e90post is really the most active e9x forum out there right now, and really a monopoly, which is never good.

I'm all for an alternative with different mods and a different attitude. I also understand that this place needs publicity to start up and get momentum. I get it that "they" banned the word bimmerboost over there, that is childish and stupid.

But WTF is up with the spamming? The PMs accusing the admin over there of burning cats and $#@! are pretty childish imo. I don't know if it's just a random member or whatever doing it or if it is an "official" bimmerboost effort but seriously guys. Don't stoop to their level. The goal is to build a better forum by being better than them. The same goes for the fake user accounts posting spam, it is childish BS imo...

Anyway I'm glad to be here, I'm glad to have another place to learn new things about my 335i coupe. I just hope the childish $#@! gets knocked off so that this place doesn't get a bad rep just like "over there".

Cheers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dan in PA Click here to enlarge
    Guys,

I'm sure I'm gonna get flamed or whatever for saying this, but $#@! it, it's 5AM and I'm just gonna say it. Click here to enlarge

I'm guessing a lot (not alot) of you here are unhappy with the way the mods conduct themselves over at e90post and I'll say that it's bothered me as well. I think that e90post is really the most active e9x forum out there right now, and really a monopoly, which is never good.

I'm all for an alternative with different mods and a different attitude. I also understand that this place needs publicity to start up and get momentum. I get it that "they" banned the word bimmerboost over there, that is childish and stupid.

But WTF is up with the spamming? The PMs accusing the admin over there of burning cats and $#@! are pretty childish imo. I don't know if it's just a random member or whatever doing it or if it is an "official" bimmerboost effort but seriously guys. Don't stoop to their level. The goal is to build a better forum by being better than them. The same goes for the fake user accounts posting spam, it is childish BS imo...

Anyway I'm glad to be here, I'm glad to have another place to learn new things about my 335i coupe. I just hope the childish $#@! gets knocked off so that this place doesn't get a bad rep just like "over there".

Cheers
    You are not going to get flamed and this won't be deleted, speak your mind, please.

Many people are upset with E90post and this site was created with the blessing and encouragement of many individuals (including sponsors). Bimmerpost has gotten out of control and we are not complaining, we are doing something about it.

The spamming is simply to annoy Jason who started the childish act by specifically targeting bimmerboost.com There was no spam before, you understand? Jason went out of his way to make it so bimmerboost could not even be linked to. There were no attempts at spam until this was discovered. He decided to make it personal, so game on.

Secondly, there was a thread where people were discussing which forums they like. A few people mentioned they liked BB and that it was new and that the direction it was going in appealed to many. Jason specifically eliminated all posts about bimmerboost and edited other posts leaving references to other forums but not this one. Well, that is specifically targeting us and childish, why can't he handle the competition?

The PM's were a joke and worked well, look at how much attention they have generated. If Jason won't play fair, neither will we.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The PM's were a joke and worked well, look at how much attention they have generated. If Jason won't play fair, neither will we.

Okay, I understand that your site has basically been directly attacked by bimmerpost, and that isn't fair. But the thing is, by "not playing fair", you're pretty much stooping to their level - shouldn't your goal to be above that kind of thing? I certainly do understand that there was no spam before Jason attacked you.

No one likes spam. There are still lots of level-headed, intelligent people over there that do not want to get spammed. It's like they are caught in the crossfire.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Okay, I understand that your site has basically been directly attacked by bimmerpost, and that isn't fair. But the thing is, by "not playing fair", you're pretty much stooping to their level - shouldn't your goal to be above that kind of thing? I certainly do understand that there was no spam before Jason attacked you.

No one likes spam. There are still lots of level-headed, intelligent people over there that do not want to get spammed. It's like they are caught in the crossfire.
    No, I am not stooping to their level, I am circumventing his censorship in the most logical manner possible, PM's. Notice the lack of censorship here?

You are absolutely right, be above that kind of thing, but we need a base. There would have been no incentive to go further if Jason had not felt threatened and resorted to those tactics. It is his doing, don't blame me for the spam, blame him.

It may not be pleasant, but some things need to be done at first that will not have to be done again once a certain level of spotlight is reached. Actresses often go through this Click here to enlarge

I understand some do not like it, but many people found it funny which it was designed to be. We will be building with content, but it certainly does not hurt to take time and PM. Plus, a PM is not exactly junk mail or a phone call during dinner. You can even turn them off if even the remote chance of a spam pm bothers you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He's always been a bit nuts. He threatened us with a lawsuit for slander. Apparently someone back in the day accused him of being "in bed" with Shiv - which does seem like its so. Well he is an attorney so that may scare people but I was confused because slander is spoken and no one has been "heard" saying that. Libel is written. Don't you think he should know that as an attorney?

Something similar happened to me years back. There was a member on a forum (non-BMW) who got in a pissing match with me over some issue which I don't even remember anymore. Basically he started frothing at the mouth and sending me PM after PM saying his lawyer was going to get me for slander. I just sat back and laughed - how could he ever sue me for slander if everything was in text form? Furthermore, I really don't see a libel case holding up in court for an accusation like that. What kind of loss can he prove he suffered?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No, I am not stooping to their level, I am circumventing his censorship in the most logical manner possible, PM's.

You are absolutely right, be above that kind of thing, but we need a base. There would have been no incentive to go further if Jason had not felt threatened and resorted to those tactics. It is his doing, don't blame me for the spam, blame him.

It may not be pleasant, but some things need to be done at first that will not have to be done again once a certain level of spotlight is reached. Actresses often go through this Click here to enlarge

I understand some do not like it, but many people found it funny which it was designed to be. We will be building with content, but it certainly does not hurt to take time and PM. Plus, a PM is not exactly junk mail or a phone call during dinner. You can even turn them off if even the remote chance of a spam pm bothers you.

Okay, fair enough Click here to enlarge

I'm already seeing quite a difference over here, and I've gotta say, I like it here...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Something similar happened to me years back. There was a member on a forum (non-BMW) who got in a pissing match with me over some issue which I don't even remember anymore. Basically he started frothing at the mouth and sending me PM after PM saying his lawyer was going to get me for slander. I just sat back and laughed - how could he ever sue me for slander if everything was in text form? Furthermore, I really don't see a libel case holding up in court for an accusation like that. What kind of loss can he prove he suffered?
    Just a scare tactic, nothing more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just a scare tactic, nothing more.

Yup, obviously. The second he started rambling about slander I knew he hadn't talked to an actual lawyer. I really doubt someone could get in much trouble for saying something insulting on the internet anyway, unless it crippled a business or caused some kind of other tangible loss.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You are definitely right, even something like kicking puppies Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You are definitely right, even something like kicking puppies Click here to enlarge

Or burning kitties - but kicking puppies is far more cruel!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Or burning kitties - but kicking puppies is far more cruel!
    I'm telling ya, what kind of people do that? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Okay, fair enough Click here to enlarge

I'm already seeing quite a difference over here, and I've gotta say, I like it here...
    Thank you, much appreciated. I've been trying to get the word out and I think people would like it if they gave it a chance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thank you, much appreciated. I've been trying to get the word out and I think people would like it if they gave it a chance.

I was just initially overreacting because of the spam thing. Now that I have dug around here a little, I like it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was just initially overreacting because of the spam thing. Now that I have dug around here a little, I like it.
    That is what I like to hear, we are trying to make a better forum, not just another one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I got banned from the UK section of E90Post (part of Bimmerfest I think) for having an opinion (I don't like weedy engined 3ers much - especially when they are souped up to look like "proper" engined Beemers) - they are pretty damn uptight on there.

Also got very heated when I suggested not everyone wants i-drive - again all the 318d/320d (145/177bhp 4 pot diesel that you guys don't get) M Sport (looks sort of like an M3) lads with MASSIVE alloys got very snotty.

Well I say f*** em. I bought my car to drive not to be "all show, no go"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    southlight is jason's $#@! lover. jason loves to rule with an iron cock, but southlight sucks down all jason's cum when jason is asleep. i, personally, hate southlight more, even though jason gave me my only one month ban. everything was gravy until southlight became a mod. if it wasn't for southlight, there wouldn't be a bimmerboost or it's earlier incarnation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blake Click here to enlarge
    southlight is jason's $#@! lover. jason loves to rule with an iron cock, but southlight sucks down all jason's cum when jason is asleep. i, personally, hate southlight more, even though jason gave me my only one month ban. everything was gravy until southlight became a mod. if it wasn't for southlight, there wouldn't be a bimmerboost or it's earlier incarnation.
    Tell us how you really feel Click here to enlarge

Southlight is a huge problem, and another problem is that he and Footie are best buds. Why do you think Footie gets any post criticizing him deleted? Footie even calls Southlights on the phone to wake him up and have it deleted if Southlight is not on.... come on now.

That site is going downhill, they simply have the traffic right now. Many people are only interested in where the traffic is, understandable, but with support we can make this grow quickly and offer a viable alternative.

Who really wants to put up with Jason and Southlight? Southlight is the worst mod there, best regards Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E91-335d Click here to enlarge
    I got banned from the UK section of E90Post (part of Bimmerfest I think) for having an opinion (I don't like weedy engined 3ers much - especially when they are souped up to look like "proper" engined Beemers) - they are pretty damn uptight on there.

Also got very heated when I suggested not everyone wants i-drive - again all the 318d/320d (145/177bhp 4 pot diesel that you guys don't get) M Sport (looks sort of like an M3) lads with MASSIVE alloys got very snotty.

Well I say f*** em. I bought my car to drive not to be "all show, no go"
    You will not be banned for expressing your opinoin here, I know that all too well.

You highlight the problem, I'm surprised they haven't put a Berlin wall up around the server yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E91-335d Click here to enlarge

I don't like that either, you see a car with M-sport and 20" wheels and a spoiler and splitters and all kinds of crap plastered all over, yet it has a 4-cyl diesel under the hood. Silly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

They banned cp-e's IP address and said they never want to have us on their forum as they did with Terry - the only other tuning solutions around...seems a bit hrmmm intentional?!
    Josh? They are $#@!ing $#@!s over at bimmerpost. They permabanned me while I was on a flight to SF and unable to even post. IMO, Shiv's products are not what they are touted to be anyway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast