Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Possible boost leak?

So i decided to turn autotune off and do some logging at 16-17 psi tonight and noticed the boost wouldnt budge past 14psi...honestly have no idea why...im considering a possible boost leak of some sort maybe? Here is the log from one of the runs....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry don't know v4 well enough.. You were boosting 17psi with autotune on?
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

ok false alarm...definately had the wrong settings in the V4....sticky you can delete this thread Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Im not attacking you.. but will someone please tell me why the V4 is having such aggressive boost taper up top in all these logs? was pretty sure all the fnboi;s and marketing hype is in an uproar because the v4 holds more boost through redline.. does not seem to be the case anymore lately,...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

There is absolutely nothing wrong in Procede V4 autotuning as such. It just doesn't seem to be able to handle upgraded turbos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    There is absolutely nothing wrong in Procede V4 autotuning as such. It just doesn't seem to be able to handle upgraded turbos.
    this statement contradicts what the upgraded Turbo guys running the V4 are saying. and im not saying that at all, i just want to know why on some peoples logs its not as linear as marketed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Im not attacking you.. but will someone please tell me why the V4 is having such aggressive boost taper up top in all these logs? was pretty sure all the fnboi;s and marketing hype is in an uproar because the v4 holds more boost through redline.. does not seem to be the case anymore lately,...
    Hey LM, I dont take anything as attacking from anyone here...i just read and learn so no biggie here...im not biased to any tune either...i just wanna go fast...Click here to enlarge...im not sure why the logs are always like that but ill definately ask shiv why they do that.Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    this statement contradicts what the upgraded Turbo guys running the V4 are saying. and im not saying that at all, i just want to know why on some peoples logs its not as linear as marketed
    dunno eitherClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    ok false alarm...definately had the wrong settings in the V4....sticky you can delete this thread Click here to enlarge
    Nah, leave it up. Might help people who need to find the right settings, which are....?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Why wouldn't it be able to though? From what Shiv has said, it should be able to.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nah, leave it up. Might help people who need to find the right settings, which are....?
    ok...fine with me Click here to enlarge...ill post up the settings tomorrow...im prepping to be on the next insanity infomercial tomorrow morning...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

most of the logs I have seen are flat line... ie the myst..... his timing is on point, his boost is like 19 with no taper and IAT drop off the log and show up at the end of his run. I really like what he is doing with his car. He used to be a Jb3 guy and switched due to bog issues. It turned out that he had meth flow issues at the same time and so nobody knows if the the V4 fixed his bog or finding that his flow meter was leaking kept him from gettting the flow he thought he was....it all got fixed at the same time. Now has ETS fmic....I guess I am jealous at this point. Once I have some extra dough... BIG TOM fmic will be the next project, fail safe and Im looking to go BOV i think. I am having some strut mount issues as well so its hard to stay focused at this point. V4 has really impressed me with its logging capabilities, boost control, timing retard/advance.....I really hope that G4 board is going to put us on par as far as loging, diagnosis, and steady flat line boost when desired.

I have been messing with the taper on JB3 against Terrys wishes and I have got a much flatter boost curve and I seem to reaching and holding boost well but I really don't know what the repercussions of those adjustments have on a grand scale. I am just using taper figures from maps we already had configured way back when ( not like I am blindly plugging in figures) and I have 100's of logs to use a refferences as to how quicly I am building boost, how its sustained.
    2007 E90 non sport, JB3 2.0 18ohm, Labonte Progressive Meth, Cooling Mist Solenoid & Nozzles CM5 & M7, Ar DPs, Hyperboost Diverter Valves, M3 19s, M3 Rear Carbon Spoiler, Koni FSD, ZSP Springs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    So i decided to turn autotune off and do some logging at 16-17 psi tonight and noticed the boost wouldnt budge past 14psi...honestly have no idea why...im considering a possible boost leak of some sort maybe? Here is the log from one of the runs....
    timing looks a hair low on this run too....We like to see it up over 10 degrees of ignition during acceleration. 3000rpms in 3rd gear to 7000 and same for 4th gear. I wonder if the timing contorl on V4 kept you from boosting any higher?? That would actually be cool if that was the case.
    2007 E90 non sport, JB3 2.0 18ohm, Labonte Progressive Meth, Cooling Mist Solenoid & Nozzles CM5 & M7, Ar DPs, Hyperboost Diverter Valves, M3 19s, M3 Rear Carbon Spoiler, Koni FSD, ZSP Springs