Close

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Mars, Gale Crater
    Posts
    873
    Rep Points
    682.4
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No

    oxygen sensors - can you replace/splice in universal ones?

    The full OEM bosch units are very expensive, has anyone bought universal ones and just spliced them in to the stock harness? If so any details would be great!

    for reference, here are a bunch that supposedly work with the 335:
    http://www.racepages.com/products/?N...r&N=4294960940
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,130
    Rep Points
    9,146.4
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    92


    Yes Reputation No
    I doubt it would work. Just get new OEM ones. Why risk it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I doubt it would work. Just get new OEM ones. Why risk it.
    Well, if running a lot of leaded fuel it may be a good idea to find a cheaper option. Still, you do know the OEM ones work.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    The full OEM bosch units are very expensive, has anyone bought universal ones and just spliced them in to the stock harness? If so any details would be great!

    for reference, here are a bunch that supposedly work with the 335:
    http://www.racepages.com/products/?N...r&N=4294960940
    I haven't seen anyone reference these before. If it works, great option, looks like they have all the cars covered.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,350
    Rep Points
    2,779.7
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Universals will most likely not work...they are narrow band 02 setups. If I'm not mistaken the front Ones are wideband sensors...hence the price tag...and they are all 4 wire O2s not 3.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Universals will most likely not work...they are narrow band 02 setups. If I'm not mistaken the front Ones are wideband sensors...hence the price tag...and they are all 4 wire O2s not 3.
    we have wideband 02? where is this written at? your not the first to say it..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Mars, Gale Crater
    Posts
    873
    Rep Points
    682.4
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    we have wideband 02? where is this written at? your not the first to say it..
    it looks like the front are wideband and the rears are narrow. someone said our fronts are "bosch lsu 4.9 wideband"... found this but it's 5-wire:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_982wt_1167

    matt are you sure our front wideband sensors are 4 wire?

    from a bosch website:
    Wide Band oxygen sensors may also be referred to as 5 Wire oxygen sensor, Lambda sensors, Lean Burn oxygen sensors and Air/Fuel sensors (although not all Air/Fuel sensors are wide band).
    Last edited by jpsimon; 10-10-2010 at 03:26 AM.
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

    Click here to enlarge

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •