Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    nd love Sticky gave them with his build they always seem to post this stuff over on the other site first?
    I cannot emphasize enough how much this pisses me off.

Oh you give us your car for four years? You stick by us no matter what? Oh let's post updates on the site that tries to destroy us.

It should be the other way around but what can you do? I can't believe they don't see this themselves.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PureEnthusiast Click here to enlarge
    Hmmm, interesting. I thought the very same thing.. They even post more frequently over there, vs here.
    You're not wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Sucks, but it is what it is. There are more idiots with money to spend on that site than here. You go where the money flows.
    That's why qualities like respect, honor, and pride matter.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    @Sales@Gintani.com you should make an announcement here
    Yeah they should.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Are you sure about that? Honestly, I'm just asking, I know on the N54 platform everyone doing a big build is over here. Maybe a bit different on the M3 platform. Maybe //M guys just don't like Sticky...my general perception though is that the more serious guys with larger projects are over here and there is just a huge number of tune and intake guys over there
    I really don't know why Gintani would give M3post content that should be mine. I really don't get it at all honestly. I mean I've stuck with them so long I can't do anything about it now.

It boils down to money. I give them money, they do work. M3post makes them money and that's all that matters to them. I just don't know why they don't see that this site is built to be the place for enthusiasts and to change the culture it takes not supporting M3post and instead posting unique content here. Content here = the other guys losing power.

Trust me, I've tried forever to get them to understand this. They aren't interested in helping me build this place up. I do it myself. They are interested in their own business. That makes me wonder why the car built for BimmerBoost has Gintani graphics all over it I was never asked about and never approved. Did I complain? No. Do I have a problem promoting Gintani? No. Additionally, I'm basically saying I'm willing to spend thousands more on getting a turbo kit and promoting that too. Why don't I get the same support and really more support which I deserve?

I just don't get it man. I really don't. Maybe they don't see how insulting it is? Especially after working my ass off and waiting patiently for four years.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Gintani did make a post about this on this site, just in the other thread:

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...urbo-Kit/page7
    That was made by someone else quoting them from the other forum
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That was made by someone else quoting them from the other forum
    No, they posted it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No, they posted it.
    My bad, that was a previous post

EDIT: Btw, no reason to have them have your car for this kit. It's costing me about the same to have a custom turbo kit made for my car rather than buying off the shelf like FFtec, and I will have a couple features that are improved over their kit. Not telling you not to leave your car with them, just IMO, I don't get why so many people oooohh and ahhh over a turbo kit with some shop's name on it just cause it may be put into "production" over a shop that actually builds something unique every time and doesn't put a brand name tax on it.
    Last edited by mjmarovi; 01-08-2014 at 05:33 PM.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, I agree, that doesn't make sense. I totally understand posting everywhere, if I was in your shoes and a vendor for any platform I'd make sure to be active on every forum that matters. It would be silly not to. BTW, a little off topic, but are you running batch 2's on the shop car right now or just waiting for stage 3?
    Yeah, we use the car to test stuff, its got batch 2's on it right now. About 5000 miles on the test set, so far no issues, these are cast wheels, soon as I get some time I will pull them and throw the billet wheel CHRA's in. We are shipping the last 10 sets on order this week and sending more housings out to be machined. Stage 3 will go on the shop car along with a built motor when they are done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My bad, that was a previous post

EDIT: Btw, no reason to have them have your car for this kit. It's costing me about the same to have a custom turbo kit made for my car rather than buying off the shelf like FFtec, and I will have a couple features that are improved over their kit. Not telling you not to leave your car with them, just IMO, I don't get why so many people oooohh and ahhh over a turbo kit with some shop's name on it just cause it may be put into "production" over a shop that actually builds something unique every time and doesn't put a brand name tax on it.
    Honestly, I don't know either way.

All I ever wanted was for my car to be referred to as the BimmerBoost.com M3 with the updates. That's it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, we use the car to test stuff, its got batch 2's on it right now. About 5000 miles on the test set, so far no issues, these are cast wheels, soon as I get some time I will pull them and throw the billet wheel CHRA's in. We are shipping the last 10 sets on order this week and sending more housings out to be machined. Stage 3 will go on the shop car along with a built motor when they are done.
    Was curious, hadn't heard much on batch 2's since initial release and results

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Honestly, I don't know either way.

All I ever wanted was for my car to be referred to as the BimmerBoost.com M3 with the updates. That's it.
    I'd be interested to see the track performance with the YSI setup versus a TT setup. I'd think the YSI would have the advantage there and obviously be more streetable, but that's only if you're into that sorta thing. I like that stuff but when I wanna go fast, I wanna go really $#@!ing fast Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd be interested to see the track performance with the YSI setup versus a TT setup. I'd think the YSI would have the advantage there and obviously be more streetable, but that's only if you're into that sorta thing. I like that stuff but when I wanna go fast, I wanna go really $#@!ing fast Click here to enlarge
    I just want whatever is most enjoyable and gives me the most power. I think it's hard to debate the turbos in that respect.

I think it's a ways off though. I'll probably enjoy this for a while before the this setup is ready to supercede the YSI. I also wonder how much $ it's going to be to switch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just want whatever is most enjoyable and gives me the most power. I think it's hard to debate the turbos in that respect.

I think it's a ways off though. I'll probably enjoy this for a while before the this setup is ready to supercede the YSI. I also wonder how much $ it's going to be to switch.
    I can't imagine it being less than $12-14k. My guess would be more like $15-16k depending on turbos. More than that would be robbery. But then again...I've seen some outrageous prices thrown around on some of this stuff.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Was curious, hadn't heard much on batch 2's since initial release and results
    Its kinda the same ole, everyone is in a mega hurry to get them, if you push delivery dates you are the devil, then they get them and take a month or 2 to get them installed, or never take them to the dyno etc. Its no biggy, I am sure more results will pop up soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can't imagine it being less than $12-14k. My guess would be more like $15-16k depending on turbos. More than that would be robbery. But then again...I've seen some outrageous prices thrown around on some of this stuff.
    i wouldn't be shocked if it hits the $20k mark for the full kit.

I mean it IS a lot of work and parts included, then factor in cost of R&D for a small market of buyers. It will most likely fall in the 14-18k range, but 20k isn't impossible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    i wouldn't be shocked if it hits the $20k mark for the full kit.

I mean it IS a lot of work and parts included, then factor in cost of R&D for a small market of buyers. It will most likely fall in the 14-18k range, but 20k isn't impossible.
    This kit is easily going to be 17-20K. I would shocked if it was any less. Were basically giving away the stage 3 kit as far as profit margin, because we have to keep up with the single kits.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I meant for me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I meant for me.

And? I have no idea what/if you are given special pricing

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This kit is easily going to be 17-20K. I would shocked if it was any less. Were basically giving away the stage 3 kit as far as profit margin, because we have to keep up with the single kits.
    Sure, but that's at $8k....so even if parts are another $2-3k for this kit, and say 2k for markup, that $12-13k for the kit being generous, there's no way I'd pay $20k for the kit, that's just ridiculous. The ETS TT kit with twin GTX3076r's is $12k, and it's good for well over 1kwhp, only thing missing is an intercooler, so again I just can't see the kit, even with tune and all fairly exceeding $15k. For sticky to switch with labor I can't imagine paying more than 14k, over that would be robbery as he already has some parts to be re-used plus w/e they would do for him to refund what he spend on the S/C kit

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I honestly don't get these companies, why not just announce when the kit is done instead of hyping it up before its even bolted on a car and working and then announcing false dates that are not even close. If I did that in my line of work, I would be bankrupt through reputational damage.

Here is a simple concept that these companies should try, under promise and over deliver.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    I honestly don't get these companies, why not just announce when the kit is done instead of hyping it up before its even bolted on a car and working and then announcing false dates that are not even close. If I did that in my line of work, I would be bankrupt through reputational damage.

Here is a simple concept that these companies should try, under promise and over deliver.
    lol, I hear ya, I'm in the custom home business, and we have completion dates in our contracts when it's nothing but on paper. I honestly don't understand why it takes so long for them to come up with a kit when so many custom shops to custom turbo kits and turn them around in 2-3 months or less on cars they've never worked on before all the time.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sure, but that's at $8k....so even if parts are another $2-3k for this kit, and say 2k for markup, that $12-13k for the kit being generous, there's no way I'd pay $20k for the kit, that's just ridiculous. The ETS TT kit with twin GTX3076r's is $12k, and it's good for well over 1kwhp, only thing missing is an intercooler, so again I just can't see the kit, even with tune and all fairly exceeding $15k. For sticky to switch with labor I can't imagine paying more than 14k, over that would be robbery as he already has some parts to be re-used plus w/e they would do for him to refund what he spend on the S/C kit
    I am telling you, the higher end you go on cars the higher the price, the AMG 63 series benz's. For a basi turbo upgrade, which is Garrett CHRA's in stock frame housings, most companies are charging 9 grand. Thats not a kit, that 2 upgraded turbos, the M3 is not the 335, prices are higher, plus they are doing everything cast, this kit will be over 15 grand without a doubt, and I am sure will be a very nice kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am telling you, the higher end you go on cars the higher the price, the AMG 63 series benz's. For a basi turbo upgrade, which is Garrett CHRA's in stock frame housings, most companies are charging 9 grand. Thats not a kit, that 2 upgraded turbos, the M3 is not the 335, prices are higher, plus they are doing everything cast, this kit will be over 15 grand without a doubt, and I am sure will be a very nice kit.
    Yeah, I understand, but if the kits for GTR's (not just upgraded turbos) cost $12-16k for big name high performance kits, I just can't see spending more than that on an M3. I'm not saying they won't ask those prices, I'm just saying that's over-priced. And I don't see where the added cost is at just cause the car's MSRP is higher, and these types of kits are built per order anyway, so whether they sell 10 or 100 a year, I don't see why that would make much a difference in price either.

Hey, at the end of the day it's whatever someone is willing to spend to get said performance on said car, I mean my mustang buddy can't get over how much money I spend on things on the 335i, but whatever, all relative I suppose.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yeah, I understand, but if the kits for GTR's (not just upgraded turbos) cost $12-16k for big name high performance kits, I just can't see spending more than that on an M3. I'm not saying they won't ask those prices, I'm just saying that's over-priced.
    There is a HUGE difference between putting together a turbo kit for a car that has a twin turbo set up from the factory vs. a factory N/A car.

That kit is more in line with what Vargas is doing for the n54 and stage 3. At this point your just putting larger pieces of a puzzle together. Welding a manifold and bolting up 2 turbos and piping on a N/A car isn't going to get it into production, there is a lot of trial and error and tuning involved, this is all going to add onto the R&D cost.

Not to mention NO ONE is going to argue against the fact that owners of GTRs are more likely to mod beyond basic bolts-ons than an m3 owner is. It's a different type of community over there. That again means there are going to be more people trying to get a turbo kit for the GTR than an m3, again price is going to reflect that.

And I don't see where the added cost is at just cause the car's MSRP is higher, and these types of kits are built per order anyway, so whether they sell 10 or 100 a year, I don't see why that would make much a difference in price either.
    Again, R&D cost. The higher the MSRP of a car the higher the R&D price is going to start out at. That's based on the fact that the car is going to cost more. Used M3s are going for mid to high 40k in my area. you can find a car with the n54 in it under $20k. Right off of the bat the cost of R&D is 20k higher (we'll go with this for arguments sake). That means if you estimate you're going to sell 20 n54 kits and 20 S65 kits the price of the S65 kit is going to be at least $1,000 more than the n54 kit, with ALL other things being equal, just to recoup that extra cost. Again, going with 20 for arguments sake. Even at 100 kits the prices would still need to have a $200 difference to break even on both kits.

Now consider the cost to R&D a Twin Turbo kit for the S65 is $150k. Think about the cost of the car + material cost of engine build (i don't think Gintani makes everything in house so they're paying for those rods/pistons/etc, money that they cannot necessarily recoup on another engine build) + material for the turbo kit (i doubt they used 1 set of turbos and i'm sure they built quite a few manifolds, inlet, outlet, and down pipes to get it production ready) + labor to build engine, kit, and tune it.

Every hour they worked on this, is an hour that they couldn't work on someone else's car and get that hour of labor charge (or you can also look at it as the guys working on this kit aren't working at Gintani for free, they're collecting a paycheck). So I would definitely say the cost to R&D would at least break $100k.You can argue that they used a built engine and another m3 from other projects so they could have recouped the cost from other products. However, we're just talking about this product.

So right off the bat they need to recoup $150k. Say they estimate that they will sell 10 kits, then to not LOSE money they need to charge $15k on top of materials. If they estimate they sell 100 kits, then it's only an additional $1.5k

That's where the amount of kits they estimate will sell will impact the cost of the kits.

Hey, at the end of the day it's whatever someone is willing to spend to get said performance on said car, I mean my mustang buddy can't get over how much money I spend on things on the 335i, but whatever, all relative I suppose.
    You're right here. I couldn't afford to pay $20k for a turbo kit for an M3, therefore i wouldn't pay for it. However, I can't hate on them for charging a price like that. This post was just to look at it in a way where I can see how Gintani could charge $17-20k for this kit without making like a $7k profit.

Now on that last part. You N54 guys don't pay all that much for mods, compared to domestic and Japanese yeah i suppose so, but compared to other Euro cars it's fairly cheap. Head over to goapr.com and look at what VW/Audi guys have to pay for $#@!. For instance they just released a bolt on blower for the B7 RS4 for $17,749.99. It sure as hell doesn't make anywhere near the power that this kit would make, and the RS4 is a pretty old car at this point.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast