Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's like saying can a twin turbo Vette, Viper, or Ford GT put the power down.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Some good sticky 345/40/18 drag radials should solve that issue....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dixchen Click here to enlarge
    Ok now we can say that this will frighten the GTR's out there...
    Doubt it...lol
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's like saying can a twin turbo Vette, Viper, or Ford GT put the power down.
    I hope you're right, but Viper's are NOT known for keeping traction actually their reputation is how awful they drive, handle, and how they can't keep traction at stock power levels. Maybe the new GTS and TA are improvements, but only by electronically limiting power below stock levels. Vette and Ford GT are definitely two of the best tractioned RWD cars out there, we'll see how high-powered M3's fair

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    How do you make the new M3 obsolete before it even hits the streets? THIS!

Click here to enlarge

/
    //A L E X A N D R E 1983 Photography///ALX1983.COM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pretty cool, I would guess its still probably 6 months out.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I really want more info on this. That pic @nafoo posted it looks like two different sized turbos.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Doubt it...lol
    why not? Just run a pair of 26 inch slicks on the rear Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Scare yes, just like @ultimateendz TT-CTS-V (so many hyphens), but the real question is will either of these cars put the power down? That's the beauty of AWD in the GTR & TT-Gs

who knows....but i have some nice wide M&Hs to go with my setup.....we shall see how well that goes over

Click here to enlarge
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I really want more info on this. That pic @nafoo posted it looks like two different sized turbos.
    could be a bad angle/crop job.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Still confused with how much publicity, and love Sticky gave them with his build they always seem to post this stuff over on the other site first? Doesn't make much sense to me. With that said, I am still curious as to why the pictures so 2 different sized turbos. Using 2 different sized turbos, not in sequential or compound format does not work well at all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Still confused with how much publicity, and love Sticky gave them with his build they always seem to post this stuff over on the other site first? Doesn't make much sense to me. With that said, I am still curious as to why the pictures so 2 different sized turbos. Using 2 different sized turbos, not in sequential or compound format does not work well at all.
    Perhaps you can order the kit with either size turbos?

I wonder why both are ground off in the same area.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Perhaps you can order the kit with either size turbos?

I wonder why both are ground off in the same area.
    You know what, you are prob right, prob just 2 different options.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Sales@Gintani.com you should make an announcement here
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    I was thinking that..

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    You know what, you are prob right, prob just 2 different options.
    Then I was like this. Has to be picture of turbos to show their options gt28 vs gt30 etc...
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    No bad angle or crop is going to change the size of the inlets and housings.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hmmm, interesting. I thought the very same thing.. They even post more frequently over there, vs here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PureEnthusiast Click here to enlarge
    Hmmm, interesting. I thought the very same thing.. They even post more frequently over there, vs here.
    Sucks, but it is what it is. There are more idiots with money to spend on that site than here. You go where the money flows.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Sucks, but it is what it is. There are more idiots with money to spend on that site than here. You go where the money flows.
    Are you sure about that? Honestly, I'm just asking, I know on the N54 platform everyone doing a big build is over here. Maybe a bit different on the M3 platform. Maybe //M guys just don't like Sticky...my general perception though is that the more serious guys with larger projects are over here and there is just a huge number of tune and intake guys over there

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dixchen Click here to enlarge
    why not? Just run a pair of 26 inch slicks on the rear Click here to enlarge
    lol, if only it were that simple...that would help traction for sure, but the GTR is just soo quick I dunno, I just don't see it. I mean go to a TX2k, or Kc2k or FL2k event and see what's running with the GTR's, the answer is...no one. Maybe a couple Supra's with tubbed rears for huge tires, but that's it. It's not as easy as just throwing power and tires on a car, but I definitely hope to see the M3 compete, I'm not rooting against at all.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Are you sure about that? Honestly, I'm just asking, I know on the N54 platform everyone doing a big build is over here. Maybe a bit different on the M3 platform. Maybe //M guys just don't like Sticky...my general perception though is that the more serious guys with larger projects are over here and there is just a huge number of tune and intake guys over there
    I keep an account over there for a reason and its not because of the post quality. People over there do spend money, it would be awesome if everyone came over here I would jump ship in a sec, but from a business stand point, its hard not to be over there. This still doesn't explain why they don't do what I do, when I am making posts or announcements, I always make them first here, and over there second, and I see this as the go to forum for the community. It seems they made the update over there and didn't even make one here. Strange considering the owner of this forum pushes their stuff so hard.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    who knows....but i have some nice wide M&Hs to go with my setup.....we shall see how well that goes over

Click here to enlarge
    Nice shoes!

I mean.... that should grip pretty good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I keep an account over there for a reason and its not because of the post quality. People over there do spend money, it would be awesome if everyone came over here I would jump ship in a sec, but from a business stand point, its hard not to be over there. This still doesn't explain why they don't do what I do, when I am making posts or announcements, I always make them first here, and over there second, and I see this as the go to forum for the community. It seems they made the update over there and didn't even make one here. Strange considering the owner of this forum pushes their stuff so hard.

Yeah, I agree, that doesn't make sense. I totally understand posting everywhere, if I was in your shoes and a vendor for any platform I'd make sure to be active on every forum that matters. It would be silly not to. BTW, a little off topic, but are you running batch 2's on the shop car right now or just waiting for stage 3?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Gintani did make a post about this on this site, just in the other thread:

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...urbo-Kit/page7

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sales@Gintani.com Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys, we understand that everybody is more than frustrated with the delayed progress and updates on this thread. It was our fault for releasing the information way too early without considering running into a few bumps along the way. We would like all of you to understand, this project had started out for us to have some fun with our own personal car. When we decided to make this into a production kit, there were a lot of changes that needed to be made for everything to fit like oem and for everything to be safe. The space we are working with is more than tight. This is not one of those turbo kits that you can build using just aluminum piping and U bends.

As of now, we have made a lot of changes even to our turbo manifolds and extreme changes to the piping. We are doing our best to finish the production pieces which will include a lot of cast pieces.

The car has been taken apart again for a few more changes. We will be testing fitment of newly designed pieces. We will be putting the vehicle back together with the fabricated pieces and old design turbo manifolds and will continue further testing with these components until the final production pieces are completed.

We understand an update has been long overdue, so here are a few videos of the kit. Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/coTSbbfg1f4

http://youtu.be/WtoMsVFBdNk

http://youtu.be/_kyyJGh0b2w
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast