Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question about ECS Injectors

Hey guys I'm about to replace my front bank injectors cause they are leaking. Im purchasing them from ECS, but im confused as to what I need. I know I need:

3 Injectors: part # 13538616079
    3 Decouplers: part #

My question is do I need to buy the seals as well? I assume that the seals would be placed on the tips of the injectors already. When I called ECS they said that I would need to buy the seals, but if I did have to buy the seals then dont I have to buy the tool to insert it as well ($149)? Anyone with experience with these parts from ECS let me know. Or if you know a cheaper place to get them let me know too! Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yamaharecker Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys I'm about to replace my front bank injectors cause they are leaking. Im purchasing them from ECS, but im confused as to what I need. I know I need:

My question is do I need to buy the seals as well? I assume that the seals would be placed on the tips of the injectors already. When I called ECS they said that I would need to buy the seals, but if I did have to buy the seals then dont I have to buy the tool to insert it as well ($149)? Anyone with experience with these parts from ECS let me know. Or if you know a cheaper place to get them let me know too! Thanks!
    Injectors should come with seals, just need the decoupling part.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yeah, when I bought my injectors and the decouplers there were no additional parts or tools needed. It's very straightforward. I didn't buy from ECS but the OEM part numbers are the same.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks. I went ahead and placed the order with ECS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yamaharecker Click here to enlarge

I was confused on this also when I replaced all my injectors. I discovered you can buy the special tool and new seals to replace the seals on old injectors. Brand new injectors already have brand new seals on them. That's why they have the very tight cap on the tip of the injector. It keeps the seal from expanding. That's why you don't remove the cap until you are just about to install the injector.
    Click here to enlarge
    460whp/510wtq tuned by Terry

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

How much were these from ECS anyway?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How much were these from ECS anyway?
    $161.68+decoupling @ $5.52 ($167.20)

$999.95 in a set of 6 with decoupling

I've found them slightly cheaper other places, but the shipping prices were higher and made it a little worse again.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E92-335...L/Engine/Fuel/ <--------
    Yeah I shopped around and ECS was a few dollars more per Injector but the shipping at other places outweighed ECS's total cost.

Just FYI when you receive the injectors, the box is marked with the new 079 codes,but the # on the injector itself is 261-11. The 079 are suppose to replace the 261, but apparently the 261-11 = 079.
    I called ECS and a couple other places to confirm, and the "11" index rating on the injector is what constitutes it as the new updated injectors.

Current: 079 or 261-11
    Previous: 261

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

261-11 is likely a manufacturer revision part number and 079 is the bmw spec part number.