Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by IMHOWTFFTW Click here to enlarge
    Why did BMW release a production V8 again? Can you enlighten me please? I can assure you it had nothing to do with aftermarket tuning or boosting. Let me know.
    This is a good question, but they won't be doing in the M3 again, they obviously learned from their mistake. I doubt BMW ever releases an NA M car again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That may very well be as fuel consumption is #1 now. The S65 got them back into DTM and a Lemans run among others. You will see the S65 and variants for long long time now in the racing world. Much like the S62 which is only starting to be replaced by the S65.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    This is a good question, but they won't be doing in the M3 again, they obviously learned from their mistake. I doubt BMW ever releases an NA M car again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Or maybe a comrade had his Makarov into the back of his head forcing him to drink more vodka and KEEP writing!
    Lmfao something like that, this made me laugh
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    What mistake? How was the S65 a mistake? I do ask this with massive respect to you as I love your guys products
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I own 2 of them, work on a lot of them, boosted them, running 728 CHP on my personal. No mistake. I do not even want to hear "rod bearing" issue, PLEASE!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostedmaserati Click here to enlarge
    What mistake? How was the S65 a mistake? I do ask this with massive respect to you as I love your guys products

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I own 2 of them, work on a lot of them, boosted them, running 728 CHP on my personal. No mistake. I do not even want to hear "rod bearing" issue, PLEASE!
    Couldn't agree more. I beat the hell out of mine and never had as much as a hiccup FBO
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostedmaserati Click here to enlarge
    Not really a mistake per say, It was a perfect offering for the time period, but I stand by my prophecy that we will never see another NA M car come out of BMW. Everything is going turbo from this point forward, its the only way to get good power and meet these crazy emissions standards.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not really a mistake per say, It was a perfect offering for the time period, but I stand by my prophecy that we will never see another NA M car come out of BMW. Everything is going turbo from this point forward, its the only way to get good power and meet these crazy emissions standards.
    That I agree with, sadly I doubt we will see any NA bimmers again. Turbo is an easy way to pull big power and stay clean. Don't get me wrong I'm the biggest turbo fanatic on the planet but it's sad to me.
    I miss the S85 and S65. These new BMWs have about as much soul as Bernie Madoff.
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am eager to hear what the brain surgeons have to say about the DME in the M3/4. It will be a mind bender.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hate the fact it's based on an N55, should be about as exciting as a frontal lobotomy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    "BMW has REVERTED to an inline six cylinder for the new M3 and M4. But unlike the S54 in the E46 M3, the new S55 is turbocharged. BASED ON the N55 six cylinder, the S55 utilizes VANOS and Valvetronic as well as gasoline direct injection in the cylinder heads. But unlike the N55′s twin-scroll single turbocharger, the S55 utilizes two turbochargers, one turbo per three cylinders. Given all of the heat the engine is capable of producing, BMW has taken great care in ensuring that it is properly controlled, especially knowing that the M3/M4s will see a lot of track time."

Agree! reverted and based on. Does not sound like M engineering to me.Click here to enlarge

I hate the fact it's based on an N55, should be about as exciting as a frontal lobotomy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any way, I have a walnut blaster ready Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol kill it with fire and throw a S85 in it
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mistake? How in the world can you call NA M cars a mistake? That's absurd.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That may very well be as fuel consumption is #1 now. The S65 got them back into DTM and a Lemans run among others. You will see the S65 and variants for long long time now in the racing world. Much like the S62 which is only starting to be replaced by the S65.
    Exactly. Fuel consumption and emissions are the concern.

The S65 has done amazing in racing. The S62 had a nice run in Grand-Am and is now being replaced by the S65.

Any of these motors with boost will dump all over BMW's new forced induction motors. None of which are making the power I am with my 'mistake' of a motor btw.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The NA M motors were the best motors BMW ever built. I have no idea how he can call them a mistake.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Now this is a reasonable comment.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ah hell, take out the third blown motor, slap in a cheap LS power plant, win races, go home.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    Ah hell, take out the third blown motor, slap in a cheap LS power plant, win races, go home.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^The guy is doing standing mile races. Seems like to me that he wants to win no matter what, so give him a big dumb club to beat everyone up instead of a fine German instrument. I just thought of something...Why doesn't anyone show up with top fuel funny cars to these events, shut everyone up, and go home?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^The guy is doing standing mile races. Seems like to me that he wants to win no matter what, so give him a big dumb club to beat everyone up instead of a fine German instrument. I just thought of something...Why doesn't anyone show up with top fuel funny cars to these events, shut everyone up, and go home?
    You just are no fun at all.

I have an even better idea. Let's take all the money we spend on cars, engines, parts, and feed the hungry people of the world. We don't even need to go to events.

Ok nobody is signing up for that I take it? But I have a feeling you're going to suggest buying them all LSX's as Plan B.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    All I'm saying is if you're gonna go out and blow up motors, just get one that you can find anywhere, and is cheap. Don't bring out the fine china for take-out. I do like the idea of taking some money and feed some hungry kids....I can only imagine how great a malnourished child will get at hand porting heads for a cheeseburger! Anyway, that's another story.... Back to the blown engines. Do you think if dude-man ran a smaller upper pulley, but then added a healthy dose of meth, the engine might have not blown up? It sounds like he just slapped on a pulley for more boost, but didn't do anything for fueling. Is that right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can only imagine how great a malnourished child will get at hand porting heads for a cheeseburger!
    This is the quality tuning advice that will only be found on this forum. We have created something beautiful here.

Do you think if dude-man ran a smaller upper pulley, but then added a healthy dose of meth, the engine might have not blown up? It sounds like he just slapped on a pulley for more boost, but didn't do anything for fueling. Is that right?
    I can speculate a million ways but we don't know what happened.

Has ESS demonstrated proficiency with built motor setups? No. That stroker motor from way back when that was blown never got sorted. I also don't think they have anyone really prepping the blocks well for big power. They just do lower compression pistons and that's about it. That is why you won't see them matching the sleeved setups or going to big boost.

Do I think this owner pushed it beyond what he should have considering the limitations of the VT3 setup and how it is essentially a custom one-off each time that needs to be tailored perfectly? Yes. I think he pushed it.

Do I think there are better built motor options and tuners capable of handling a greater variety of engine setups? Yes.

I think meth could have helped but it looks like something was off pretty far one way or another. It likely would have just prolonged the inevitable as he seemed to get greedy.

In the defense of ESS they state they do not officially sell or support a VT3 package so they are honest about their limitations. They cite one VT3 that is running reasonably well but that car is dialed back to protect the block. I think when pushed you get the result you see here.

I don't think there is a need to point fingers. I think they need to sit down, have an honest discussion, and figure what is best moving forward and to help prevent this happening again to anyone else including those who currently have functioning VT3 setups. It's not 100% any one single person's fault here.

This does separate the men from the boys though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is the quality tuning advice that will only be found on this forum. We have created something beautiful here.

I can speculate a million ways but we don't know what happened.

Has ESS demonstrated proficiency with built motor setups? No. That stroker motor from way back when that was blown never got sorted. I also don't think they have anyone really prepping the blocks well for big power. They just do lower compression pistons and that's about it. That is why you won't see them matching the sleeved setups or going to big boost.

Do I think this owner pushed it beyond what he should have considering the limitations of the VT3 setup and how it is essentially a custom one-off each time that needs to be tailored perfectly? Yes. I think he pushed it.

Do I think there are better built motor options and tuners capable of handling a greater variety of engine setups? Yes.

I think meth could have helped but it looks like something was off one pretty far one way or another. It likely would have just prolonged the inevitable as he seemed to get greedy.

In the defense of ESS they state they do not officially sell or support a VT3 package so they are honest about their limitations. They cite one VT3 that is running reasonably well but that car is dialed back to protect the block. I think when pushed you get the result you see here.

I don't think there is a need to point fingers. I think they need to sit down, have an honest discussion, and figure what is best moving forward and to help prevent this happening again to anyone else including those who currently have functioning VT3 setups. It's not 100% any one single person's fault here.

This does separate the men from the boys though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I have a spare block for him…..Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast