Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 36 of 36

Thread: Smg2 4.10 diff

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, you should not comment on a system / valvetrain on which you have no experience.

    If I say there is no copy of my S54 valvetrain on the market, I know what I am talking. I suffered S54 valvetrain related issues under high boost and passed 8100 rpm. Solved by 2009 by designing and producing my own valvetrain parts.
    I'm not talking specifically about your valvetrain I'm saying there are plenty of people capable of addressing it. Which there are...

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    657
    Rep Points
    260.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm not talking specifically about your valvetrain I'm saying there are plenty of people capable of addressing it. Which there are...
    have you personally seen any turbo S54s revving 8200 + rpm?
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT



  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    have you personally seen any turbo S54s revving 8200 + rpm?
    I don't think so? What does it matter?

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    657
    Rep Points
    260.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't think so? What does it matter?
    In order to talk about / claim about something you need to know it, not just web surf.

    I repeat one more time, there is no S54 valvetrain out there for sale which will rev a turboed S54 8200 + rpm.

    I have gone through this phase, designed and tested my own valvetrain parts and rev 9200 rpm.
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT



  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    In order to talk about / claim about something you need to know it, not just web surf.

    I repeat one more time, there is no S54 valvetrain out there for sale which will rev a turboed S54 8200 + rpm.

    I have gone through this phase, designed and tested my own valvetrain parts and rev 9200 rpm.
    Everyone please bow in respect.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    DFW Texas
    Posts
    36
    Rep Points
    43.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    This thread has me rethinking about upgrading to 4.10's. Any more opinions on on high boosted SC'd E46 M3's in the +550 WHP range? I am already there and will be +650 with nitrous and might just stay stock geared with a Giken dif. The cash savings on gears could go towards a CF drive shaft.

    Hope I am not thread jacking here - just wanting more info from people that have gone this route.
    Click here to enlarge
    SAAD Racing Stage 3 Turbo + E85 & Nitrous

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tripleblackrag Click here to enlarge
    This thread has me rethinking about upgrading to 4.10's. Any more opinions on on high boosted SC'd E46 M3's in the +550 WHP range? I am already there and will be +650 with nitrous and might just stay stock geared with a Giken dif. The cash savings on gears could go towards a CF drive shaft.

    Hope I am not thread jacking here - just wanting more info from people that have gone this route.
    Why would you want to go to 4.10? To have worse traction?

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    DFW Texas
    Posts
    36
    Rep Points
    43.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why would you want to go to 4.10? To have worse traction?
    Good point. It just seems that many SC'd guys have done gears on their M3's and are happy with them. It could be beneficial on the track as well.
    Click here to enlarge
    SAAD Racing Stage 3 Turbo + E85 & Nitrous

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tripleblackrag Click here to enlarge
    Good point. It just seems that many SC'd guys have done gears on their M3's and are happy with them. It could be beneficial on the track as well.
    It honestly makes more sense to add power. I hated shorter gears. It's your call ultimately.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    DFW Texas
    Posts
    36
    Rep Points
    43.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It honestly makes more sense to add power. I hated shorter gears. It's your call ultimately.
    I am going to take your advice and leave them alone. Thanks for the help!
    Click here to enlarge
    SAAD Racing Stage 3 Turbo + E85 & Nitrous

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tripleblackrag Click here to enlarge
    I am going to take your advice and leave them alone. Thanks for the help!
    My pleasure.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •